Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "real" Ryu and Sagat.

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

"Yoshiji Soeno, a Kyokushin Karate legend; & "Reiba", the "Dark Lord of Muaythai", as potrayed in the old Japanese martial art comics "Karate Baka Ichidai" (The Karate Idiot). After Mas Oyama, Soeno was the only other Karateka mad enough to launch a solo challenge on the strongest fighters in Thailand. Not surprisingly, the above real persons inspired the creation of the famous Street Fighter game characters Ryu & Sagat two decades later. Notice the striking resemblance of the comic and game potrayals. There is not a gaming youngster in this world who does not know these two characters, but hardly anybody would know the true story behind them"
    Wow, that's amazing, they really look the same (gi, eye patch bald head etc.) and it's a Karate or at least Karate like style vs Muay Thai in SF, too. And in SFI the first Street Fighter game, Ryu was the main character (and the only selectable) while Sagat was the endboss (see screenshot below) and unbeaten champion "King Of Street Fighters".

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/ripofffolder/ripoffpage1.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You know what happened when I read all that?

I looked up Devilot hentai.

oRZ

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You know what happened when I read all that?

I looked up Devilot hentai.

oRZ
    Dear, oh dear Kiki.....I daren't imagine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Some of them are just silly! The worst match has to be Adon and Naseem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Some of them are there just as a piss take but there's alot of them were you just know it was part of the inspiration behind the character creation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

This is pretty interesting. It's an article detailing the evolution of the original SF2 cast developement.

http://www.insertcredit.com/features/makingsf2/

http://www.insertcredit.com/features/makingsf2/img/Page4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ken B wrote: »
    Dear, oh dear Kiki.....I daren't imagine.....
    I could totally link you to it, but then Doom would have my head.

Just 3 keywords: loli, futanari, translated.
    Oh, and it was a 2-parter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I could totally link you to it, but then Doom would have my head.

Just 3 keywords: loli, futanari, translated.
    Oh, and it was a 2-parter.

you disgust me kiki

Advertisement