Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endless battle? Lagfest?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Not played much of this but today I got to have some games in a room with red, chopper, hound and biggs (irish blanka player on PSN)

However the most we had at one time was me red hound and biggs.

I thought this was pretty cool, Azza came online then and I was like 'yes more of us!' But instead red quit to play azza 1v1 instead, saying if azza joined it'd be too many spectators and it'd be a lag fest.

I don't think spectators make a difference , I've not seen any evidence of it anyway. I figured why add such a feature if its gonna make the game unplayable?

So does anyone know what the story with this is? I'm sure many people on here have had far more experience with endless battle rooms filled with many player then I have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Spectators do make a difference from what I've seen. Any lobby I've been in with more then 3/4 players has been unplayable.

It's very disappointing because I imagine it means that 4 vs 4 team battles are out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jeeeeeeeesus really?

WTF capcom what a waste.

Still I guess it can be used as player match... just 1v1 in it, but you can't arcade request it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I was in a lobby with 8 earlier and all the connections bar 1 were great, really smooth... so i dont know! and the 1 was american!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I was in a lobby with 8 earlier and all the connections bar 1 were great, really smooth... so i dont know! and the 1 was american!

Thats weird.

I was in a lobby earlier with 7 Irish and I the lag made it unplayable. Went out did some normal ranked and they were all fine. I dunno it's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've been in 6-8 person Endless lobbies all day and there's only been a few dodgy connections for me?

• Advertisement

Maybe its got something to do with the host? That was brought up during our games but I dismissed it, but its looking more likely now. My mam was doing something online that involved heavy uploading or downloading or something as my bar when from green to red during a game with hound.

After my game was done others were talking about lag. And I think I was hosting. Maybe that was it. hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No.

On xbox (at least) apectators make little to no difference, the lobby host and the challengers connection is what is mission critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

From what I gather the spectators are viewing a delayed image of the match to reduce drag on the connection as much as possible or somesuch technical wizardry and/or gobbledygook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I cant say im big fan of the endless lobby. Its ok for about 4 people, anymore and you are waiting forever for a game. There is always one dude with crappy connection in there too and your dreading him coming round. I dont mean to be harsh but if you have a crap connection just leave cos its no fun for anyone.

I doubt the hosts connection matters either, its p2p.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I was in that lobby with Sagat08 earlier for a while and it was really smooth.

I've not had any lagy games today in any of the modes which has been pretty sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No.

On xbox (at least) apectators make little to no difference, the lobby host and the challengers connection is what is mission critical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

maybe he just didnt want to play with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

imo lobbies with more than 4-5 people does increase lag, but that could just be because of increasing the chance of getting someone wiht a **** connection the more people you add.

Bush80 wrote: »
    I cant say im big fan of the endless lobby. Its ok for about 4 people, anymore and you are waiting forever for a game.

Yeah its a mix for me , its cool when there's a group of us from the community in the room, like we were all chatting on IRC too. Can be a good laugh. But sometimes you wanna get stuck into a good session and 1v1 is the best, in fact I was really hoping they'd add a rematch option to player match but yeah

Jazzy wrote: »
    maybe he just didn't want to play with you?

well ooooo0000000oooooooh:D
    Could well be the case but I'm a big boy and would understand if he was just looking for a 1v1 instead of a group match and he could have just said so if that was the case, instead of talking about irish internet not being good enough for group matches etc

Either way its still good to know wtf the story is ,getting mixed reports in this thread so far. I've not gotten a chance to experience them much myself and really have no interest in playing in a large lobby unless its with people I know. It can be good craic then, getting to chat away and play etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's P2P individually and the viewers are on a delay and it's only the inputs that have to be sent to them, the game then does the rest for them on their own machine.

I was playing in a lobby yesterday and only two of us had mics. I could hear the sounds of my game a few seconds later through the spectators mic, with different music and voice settings. Was weird!

Any time I'm going online I just ask everyone in the house to not use the net. Just asking for lag spikes if someone else is using the connection while you are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I only had one laggy game so far. I'm fairly impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

The connections with USA seem to be much better, from what I can see.

Advertisement