Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my comment deleted from AH?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭

Gerry Ryan thread. Having to spell this out again. Have contacted a mod and gotten no response. Have engaged in a thread where mods were replying on the same thread, and gotten no response. It was closed rather than giving me a quick reply.

I posted about the Quinn headline on the six o clock news being a more pertinent issue than Gerry's passing.

Someone replied telling me to "get real" and disagreeing.

My subsequent response to him, explaining why I thought it was more pertinent was banned, presumably because it didn't match up with the general sentiment that was being bandied about.

His post, telling me to "get real" for having an opinion, was left to stand. I have reported it. No response.

A) If I had my post deleted because I told him not to be silly, why wasn't his deleted for telling me to "get real" because we differed on opinion?

B) If the thread only allows people to mourn Gerry and post tributes, why isn't that clearly set out in the title?

I would like a mod to answer this please. I'm happy to be deleted if everyone gets the same treatment. Disagreeing with popular sentiment alone does not justify getting posts deleted, unless there's a new charter I'm unaware of.

EDIT just got a response from a mod in another thread. No need to continue this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

pookie82 wrote: »
    EDIT just got a response from a mod in another thread. No need to continue this one.
    Ah, shall I regard this as a closed complaint then? Typically you'd contact the rec category mods via PM if your response form the forum mods via PM was wasn't to your satisfaction or if there was no response within a reasonable period (as detailed in the boards dispute resolution procedure) and only then come to the Help Desk if the response from the cmod wasn't to your satisfaction. Particular moderators aren't going to be online anywhere near 24/7 and their response could be reasonably expected to be delayed on a busy day for them like today. A wait of 24 hours or so for a response would be entirely reasonable due to people having other things to do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

sceptre wrote: »
    Ah, shall I regard this as a closed complaint then?

Yes you can, Sharpshooter sorted it out for me. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cool beans, cheers for letting me know, appreciate that.

Advertisement