Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denners' Tips; Ponies, Fussball and Fighting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

Horse Racing:
    Flat

Refuse to Wait, 15:45 Carlisle
    - 15 pts win @ 3/1

Tipped in the logs (Pyro) and Princess Emma was very poor last time. Don't know will Dazakhee take the trip well, 1m might just be his limit. Wasn't really impressed with Refuse to Wait's last performance but seems to have the better of this field.

Current Bank: 305.95 pts (+205.95)
    Current Exposure: 35 pts

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sorry Denners, No idea what the hell went wrong there.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Sorry Denners, No idea what the hell went wrong there.

No we won't worry about it, couldn't have predicted that. Was backed off the charts in the last 10 mins aswell but I made enough off your tips over the last week to cover that anyway :). Had a bad feeling about my first bet earlier before the off but was due a bad day anyway. Might salvage something later hopefully with Hannon and Hughes

Refuse to Wait
    - 15 pts

Current Bank: 305.95 pts(+205.95)
    Current Exposure: 20 pts

Horse Racing:
    Flat

Takeaway, 18:10 Windsor
    - 10 pts win @ 11/4
    - 20 pts place @ 1.53

Very little between this fella and Scarlett Rocks last time out, I'm hoping Rich Hughes might be able to get a turn out of him here.

Current Bank: 275.95 (+175.95)
    Current Exposure: 50 pts

Horse Racing:
    Flat

Takeaway, 18:10 Windsor
    - 10 pts win @ 11/4
    - 20 pts place @ 1.53

Didn't get going.

Current Bank: 275.95 pts (+175.95)
    Current Exposure: 20 pts

• Advertisement

Horse Racing
    Flat

Another 20 pts on Lucky General @ 11/4. Could do with a winner here or else its gonna have to be the lump on England.

Current Bank: 255.95 pts (+155.95)
    Current Exposure: 40 pts

Wanted to take this on with a bigger lump but don't want to risk it after my day so far :pac:

Soccer:

England, Argentina and Portugal
    - 50 pts @ 1.83

Current Bank: 205.95 pts (+105.95)
    Current Exposure: 90 pts

Atrocious day, worst for a very long time

Horse Racing
    Flat

Lucky General
    - 40 pts

Soccer

England to win
    - 105.95 pts @ 1.51

Current Bank: 100 pts
    Current Exposure: 155.95 pts

Could be back to square one in around 2 hours :(

Bad day but still in profit and will just have to keep my discipline a bit more.

Soccer:

England, Argentina and Portugal
    - 50 pts @ 1.83

FFS Portugal :mad:

England to win
    - 105.95 pts @ 1.51

Current Bank: 257.33 pts (+157.33)

Still abit open over the jumps tomorrow but we will see how it goes, I will take the prices tomorrow.

Horse Racing:
    Jump

Gulf President, 19:05 Hexham (Sam Thomas)
    - 10 pts

Really like this horse,my favourite maiden and is a very sound jumper and finished strongly last time when he just got pipped. There is a concern over the trip, but I think he should handle it well as he is a powerful finisher. I'm expecting A.P's fella to lead them around, and then hopefully Gulf President can run him hard in the last few furlongs.

Noble Request, 19:20 Huntingdon (Tom Scudamore)
    - 15 pts

Has won over this distance before and ran a Grade 1 last time when well beaten, but is up against alot of Grade 4 runners. His for the taking imo.

King Roonah, 20:05 Hexham (A.P McCoy)
    - 7.33 pts

Had a free run in when he stumbled at the last the other day. A.P is on board tomorrow and he won't give him an inch over the fences. He did take a nasty fall all the same and if he isn't in too bad a condition he should win.

Current Bank: 225 pts (+125 pts)
    Current Exposure: 32.33 pts

• Advertisement

Horse Racing
    Jump

Gulf President is a non-runner.

Gunship, 18:50 Huntingdon
    - 10 pts @ 7/2

Noble Request 15 pts @ 10/11

King Roonah 10 pts @ 11/10

Soccer

Nigeria, Cameroon or the Draw, Paraguay or the Draw, Ukraine
    - 22.33 pts @ 3.7

Current Bank: 200 pts (+100 pts)
    Current Exposure: 57.33 pts

Horse Racing
    Jump

Gunship, 18:50 Huntingdon
    - 10 pts

Didn't see the race but was pulled up pretty early on with a problem.

Noble Request, 19:20 Huntingdon
    - 15 pts

Comfortable win by around 10 lengths or more, very good ride by Richard Johnson aswell but should be one to watch for next time when is up against a better field.

King Roonah up next, interesting to see how he goes after last time.
    -10 pts
    Faded badly in the last furlong which is understandable considering he ran well over 2m on Sunday,
    (3rd)

Horse Racing
    Jump

Persian Prince, 17:00 Sedgefield
    - 10 pts

Won by a mile last time when taking 3 or 4 of this field but there was a few fallers that day. Danger from the Pugnacity but only his second time over fences. If he can set the pace then he should be well up there.

Tiger O'Toole, 20:20 Southwell
    - 20 pts

Ran a solid 3rd last time in a Grade 2 after pulling hard throughout the race. Really feel he will have the measure of this field and after a nice break I'm expecting a big run. A few other horses coming up in grade also and 3/1 looks nice for this fella. Quick ground is ideal aswell.

Flat

Doctor Parkes, 16:25 Ayr
    - 10 pts

Tipped on another forum, tipped here (Pyro) and got good word from a friend about him. Hung last time (jockey had the whip in the wrong hand aswell trying to straighten him from what I hear) but came strongly and I'm told he will go close if he gets a clear lane.

Current Bank: 188.64 (+88.64 pts)
    Current Exposure: 40 pts

Horse Racing

Persian Prince, 17:00 Sedgefield

Tiger O'Toole, 20:20 Southwell

Having real doubts about the above two, Persian Prince is very badly weighted and I forgot how flat footed he is. Pugnacity would be favourite if he had a good showing over fences recently so I'm just going to stay away from this race.

Tiger O'Toole is still a class horse but I forgot how good Viable is. He had some major issues with fences but he has been travelling superbly and although its a step up he has a real chance back over hurdles.14.5 on Betfair and that is a very nice looking e/w price.

Doctor Parkes, 16:25 Ayr
    -10 pts @ 11/2

Viable, 20:20 Southwell
    -10 pts e/w @ BSP

Current Bank: 198.64 pts (+98.64)
    Current Exposure: 30 pts

Soccer

Some unpredictable friendly results the last few days so I'm being cautious with this one.

France, Chile, Holland or the Draw, Turkey or the Draw
    - 18.64 pts @ 2.08

Current Bank: 180 pts (+80 pts)
    Current Exposure: 48.64 pts

Viable travelled really well then faded to 4th, Tiger O'toole won @ 3/1. F**cking livid with myself for changing my bet :mad:

That always happens! Unlucky dude.

35 pts on France @ 1.55

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Denners wrote: »
    Viable travelled really well then faded to 4th, Tiger O'toole won @ 3/1. F**cking livid with myself for changing my bet :mad:

Most annoying thing in gambling.

Soccer

Sao Paulo, Cruzeiro, Santos, Chile and Uruguay
    - 10 pts @ 6.2

• Advertisement

Small fields in Wetherby have always been good to me so hopefully I will get a good run out of these 2 tomorrow. Big enough bet will be going on Saturday at around 500 pts so just a few noveltys until then.:)

Horse Racing
    Jump

Cailín Na Rí, 17:45 Wetherby
    - 10 pts

Settled beautifully last time out over the distance for Denny O'Regan. The top 3 are all good mares so you really could take your pick, but considering she is the only one to win over this distance is enough for me. The French mare is a front-runner aswell as Cailín Na Rí and A.P's fella, so it really should be a cracker. Denny O'Regan booked again and if he goes off at the nice galllop as last time she could run the legs out of the other two fancies, who have run over shorter distances until now. 3/1 forecast.

Wizards Dust, 18:15 Wetherby
    - 20 pts

Has won over C&D last year and the positive of A.P booked for tomorrow. Won well last time over 3m and finished strongly so should go well over this distance. I'm not sure will Mutual Respect race, he had a gruelling 3m yesterday, so I will get on this fella early anyway for the best price. Really should take this IMO. Forecasted for 7/2 which would be lovely.

Account has a few in-running bets so will sort out balance after tonights games and when I take my prices in the morning. Have a good feeling about tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Soccer

Sao Paulo, Cruzeiro, Santos, Chile and Uruguay
    - 10 pts @ 6.2

Get in! Santos match 90 + and they score 2 goals to win it! Thank you very much :D:D:D

Finally looks like I'm out of that bad streak, 3 winners on the soccer today

And he's back. :) Well done man, It's lovely to get rid of the losing streak, I've had one for a couple of days now!

Soccer

France, Chile, Holland or the Draw, Turkey or the Draw
    - 18.64 pts @ 2.08

France to win in-running
    - 35 pts @ 1.55

Santos, Cruzeiro, Sao Paulo, Chile, Uruguay
    - 10 pts @ 6.2

Denmark win, Ivory Coast Youth or the Draw
    - 16.83 pts @ 2.31

Horse Racing
    Jump

Wizards Dust 20 pts @ 2/1

Cailín Na Rí 10 pts @ 7/4

Current Bank: 220 pts (+120 pts)
    Current Exposure: 46.83 pts

Horse Racing
    Jump

Cailín Na Rí, 17:45 Wetherby
    - 10 pts

Faded in the last 2 furlongs (3rd)

Wizards Dust, 18:15 Wetherby
    - 20 pts

Thought he had got his act together after a good win last time but still has serious temperament issues.

Gonna start taking horses to place now because can't find a winner.

Horse Racing
    Flat

Cape to Rio, !8:35 Sandown
    -20 pts place @ 1.49
    -10 pts win @ 6/5

Horses are not going to plan these days :(

Rich Hughes needs to learn how to use his f**king whip aswell

Luck is still shot after three 3rd places today with the ponies

Soccer

Denmark or Draw, Ivory Coast Youth or Draw, Spain U17 or Draw
    - 50 pts @ 1.78

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

whats the bet that your lumping on
    500 points,,,is it the ufc match that you advised mute to back.
    if so,why so confident on a fight??

• Advertisement

coughlan08 wrote: »
    whats the bet that your lumping on
    500 points,,,is it the ufc match that you advised mute to back.
    if so,why so confident on a fight??

Yes I told Mute to look at it as it is one for a lump. Your concern is understandable considering its a fight and anything can happen, but there is a definate edge on this bet.

I was expecting the odds to be around 1.2, 1.51 is too big. The opponant(Hathaway) is around 2 grades lower imo, has only beat 2 mediocre ranked fighters at best, and he is now fighting a guy who is coming off a title fight loss. Hathaways undefeated record is the only reason why Sanchez's odds are 1.5. They are essentially "throwing him to the wolves" to get Sanchez a nice comeback fight after his loss.

If the very slim misfortune that Hathaway wins then it will be my own fault, but if Sanchez wins I'm getting him at too big a price. I genuinely cannot see Sanchez losing this fight and it would be the shock of the year if Hathaway wins, but I'm 99% confident this is a step too far.

I wouldn't advise someone to put a certain amount on as anything can happen but I am, and anyone Ive spoken to, supremely confident of a win.

I might take him @ 400 pts and do a multiple with 2 other fighters for 100 pts. Not taking him until after the weigh-ins though but it shouldn't really be an issue.

I dunno can 1/2 be value, but this is definately marked up wrong and I'm going to take full advantage hopefully.

Advertisement