Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denners' Tips; Ponies, Fussball and Fighting

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

hes 2/5 on pp,is it worth my while or is the value gone in the bet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

No that would be my limit though. I presume that is what he was initially marked up at on PP and I wouldn't see much of a change throughout tomorrow. He has moved to 1.47 on Betfair so I will be putting 200 pts on now just incase the odds come in more. My initial plan was I'd take him up until 1.4 (2/5). By Saturday night he will almost certainly be hitting the high 1.3's but I wouldn't expect much of a move on PP tomorrow, so you have time to think about it anyway. Usually I would never take a fight bet on until after the weigh in, but he is moving back up to his original weight class so I'm not worried.

I was expecting him @ 1/4 but I would be shortening my bet if he went under 2/5. Still value to be had at 2/5

Soccer salvages something for me again :p

Soccer

Denmark or Draw, Ivory Coast Youth or Draw, Spain U17 or Draw
    - 50 pts @ 1.78

UFC

Diego Sanchez to Win
    - 200 pts @ 1.47

Current Bank: 74.83 pts
    Current Exposure: 200 pts

Horse Racing
    Flat

Four Kicks, 15:40 Brighton
    - 14.83 pts

Won well for me two outings back over C&D and was never going to go well at 1m 2f last time, I gladly stayed clear. Worth a shot anyway tomorrow :rolleyes:

(EDIT) Seems big enough odds at the moment, could be worth e/w if odds suit.

Current Bank: 60 pts
    Current Exposure: 214.83 pts

Horse Racing
    Flat

Boho Chic, 14:00 Brighton
    - 5 pts e/w @ 7/1

The quick pace took it out of her last time and I'm not keen on the favourite. Should go well anyway so worth a shot at those odds. Ran a 3rd over C&D last time out.

Current Bank: 50 pts
    Current Exposure: 224.83 pts

• Advertisement

Weakened badly in the last 100 yards but was well in contention. Fuzzy Cat in the 17:40 at Newcastle looks a good bet if I can get an e/w price

(EDIT) Fuzzy Cat is a NR

Yourgolftravel.com
    -25 pts place @ 1.74

Horse Racing
    Flat

Four Kicks found one too good, (2nd).

Yourgolftravel.com
    - 20 pts @ 3/1

Can't pick a winner myself so going to try him

Denners wrote: »
    No that would be my limit though. I presume that is what he was initially marked up at on PP and I wouldn't see much of a change throughout tomorrow. He has moved to 1.47 on Betfair so I will be putting 200 pts on now just incase the odds come in more. My initial plan was I'd take him up until 1.4 (2/5). By Saturday night he will almost certainly be hitting the high 1.3's but I wouldn't expect much of a move on PP tomorrow, so you have time to think about it anyway. Usually I would never take a fight bet on until after the weigh in, but he is moving back up to his original weight class so I'm not worried.

I was expecting him @ 1/4 but I would be shortening my bet if he went under 2/5. Still value to be had at 2/5

:eek: hes now gone to 4/9,,,why?????

thanks i have at present 260 in my pp account and should be getting another 260 by around 5.30 tomo if sporting fingal win. 520 on at 4/9 is 231 profit,
    ive read a few previews about the fight aswell and although i dont no much about the fighters i say i will lump on him alri...

coughlan08 wrote: »
    :eek: hes now gone to 4/9,,,why?????

thanks i have at present 260 in my pp account and should be getting another 260 by around 5.30 tomo if sporting fingal win. 520 on at 4/9 is 231 profit,
    ive read a few previews about the fight aswell and although i dont no much about the fighters i say i will lump on him alri...

Its not really like a horse where a drift in the odds can be worrying, the more this fella drifts the better ;). He went back to 1.51 on Betfair, put 70 down and just as I went to place another 130 there, boom, in to 1.46. This could be the easiest bet I ever win, I still have to get another 130/180 pts placed and I will prob go with a 50 pts multiple aswell depending on weigh - ins tonight.

You can go into the UFC forum if you want and at the very top they will have all the fights, click on the Sanchez v Hathaway one and you will see people's opinions. I haven't looked yet but they will probably be 90% favour of Diego.

When there is big money on something you start to doubt it somewhat, but if I had €20 on him I would actually be laughing at how easy it is to make €10.

Sanchez will win this fight, barring a miracle for Hathaway.

ok well that post has signed,sealed and delivered so to speak,hence im going to lump my balance on him, whatever that maybe by tomorrow at around 6,
    i will let ya know the stake tomo,just for the sake of it.
    i really do hope he wins for both our sakes.;)
    now should i double him up with another sertain??mmm i duno i think im only being greedy,:p

• Advertisement

coughlan08 wrote: »
    ok well that post has signed,sealed and delivered so to speak,hence im going to lump my balance on him, whatever that maybe by tomorrow at around 6,
    i will let ya know the stake tomo,just for the sake of it.
    i really do hope he wins for both our sakes.;)
    now should i double him up with another sertain??mmm i duno i think im only being greedy,:p

Just had a look at the UFC forum (full of diehard fans), out of 32 predictions on the fight, 3 went for Hathaway, 2 are definately English, and probably the 3rd. I do have another but I wouldn't be putting huge money on a multiple as a 1/7 fav cost me €100 before, so only €50 or that on the multiple.

Michael Bisping is the next certainty, his opponant is genuinely scared, and I will prob be doubling him up with Sanchez and a few soccer teams.
    Weigh-ins were completed and Sanchez made weight on first ask so thats a positive but was never going to be an issue anyway. Bisping is 1.59 on Betfair, you would want at least 1/2 or 4/7 for him with PP. I wouldn't be putting your bank on the multiple though because even though both should win easy there is a greater risk factor

ok thanks mate will consider but i think i might have something else lined up for a double, not sure yet though so will let ya know.

by the way hes 8/15 so not bad considering..

by the way if things go to plan i have a serious bet for ya,
    now it is completly out of my regular betting as this bet is a once a year thing,literally, but will share it with ya if things run smoothly,its being backed in from 9/4 which i have a 100 on, to 3/2,,:eek:
    dont worry the "event" isnt on til the start of june so hold tough,:p

Make or break time today! Lets hope everything goes to plan anyway!:rolleyes: I could end up like Ireland in the Eurovision if this goes wrong :o. Pray for me lads! :pac:

Horse Racing
    Flat

Gene Autry, 15:20 Newmarket
    - 10 pts e/w @ 9/1 (Bet365)

UFC

Diego Sanchez to Win
    - 400 pts @ 1.48 (Betfair, can be got at 1/2 on Bet365)

Soccer

Spain, England, Millwall or the Draw, Serbia or the Draw
    - 67.64 pts @ 1.85 (Betfair)

UFC and Soccer

Diego Sanchez, Efrain Escudero, Michael Bisping, Spain, England
    - 50 pts returns 206.40 pts (Boylesports)

Current Bank: 0 pts
    Current Exposure: 537.64 pts *

* 270 pts were deposited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Thinking of putting 40% of my bank on Sachez @ 1/2 after reading here and the UFC forums. Seems to me that Hathaway isn't ready for this level. What time is the fight on?

well the moment has arrived,
    well denners my sporting fingal bet came in so its now all down to the fight,,,cant wait but am ****ting it...:rolleyes:

heres the screenshot of the sporting fingal win which brought in that double.

€300 on sanchez and sporting fingal double,returns €700
    will post screenshot of it "when it wins":D

best of luck
    cmon:D

I'm getting the jitters abit myself Coughlan, he should win and is by far a better fighter than Hathaway but still abit nervous. I might have another multiple to come through and if England and Sanchez win I might throw a bit on Bisping.

Skeleton, the main event starts at 3 am and I think Sanchez is the second fight so around 3:45 if he is. He could be on first and that would start at 3:10. I've already told Coughlan that Diego has looked in better shape for previous fights, but I'm not sure how big a factor that will be, still confident.

Lets hope he doesn't **** up for all our sakes, looking forward to it now :rolleyes:

(EDIT) Sanchez is the 1st fight on the main card so around 3:10, there is a sopcast link in the MMA section in the last or second last page of the UFC 114 thread if anyone needs one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Going to put 40% of my bank on. If he loses I'm even for the day but here's hoping :D

Things didn't go to plan, hometime for me I think.

Thanks to everybody for your tips on the logs they were greatly appreciated and I hope you all make alot of money for yourselfs. ;)

All the best,
    Denners

I just came for a wander to see what this place was like, gobsmacked at the whole Coughlan08 issue.

Seems that a lot of the genuinety of the forum has gone, I hope that the regulars from the football tips thread that are absent are still making some coin for themselves.

Good luck to everyone in the challenges/logs forum, it was always a great place. Nice to see Pyro and a few others are still around, hopefully horses like Cygnet are not enticing anyone ;)

All the best, I might make a return someday

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

:eek: Always wondered where you got to mate.

Cygnet is actually making out to be a potentially decent hurdler. I hate that horse!

Hope you stick around. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement