Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

619c quitlog

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patricia42256

619C wrote: »
    Hi
    I have been a smoker now for 35 years. I have smoked cigarettes most of the time, sometimes cigars and at the moment 'roll your own' tobacco.
    The RYO tobacco is powerful stuff - lots of coughing and wheezing and so on.
    I visited the doctor last month and requested an XRay at the local hospital because I know that I have damaged my right lung.
    Yes I know people say you cant feel damage in your lung but I can.
    Smoking is affecting all of my life. I really want to quit.
    I have tried the cold turkey method and was able to stay off them for a few days at a time but not long term.
    I get a rash from the patches and the chewing gum damaged one of my teeth.
    Last year I read about electronic cigarettes.
    I got a few of them to try out. I was doing very well but the batteries and vapourisers kept going faulty. I was puffing away like mad to make up for the loss of cigarettes. So as a result of other problems and the battery situation I went back on the cigarettes once again.
    Today I have ordered a Screwdriver MK1 from Trog.
    I will keep you posted...

I also smoked for 35 yrs. I quit cold turkey and was happy to do it. The thing some don't realize is the habit or addiction is all in your mind.I got a red book from my local health department and read it through about 3 times over the course of a year.I was able to put cigs. down and never smoke again. Still smoke free after 4 yrs almost 5.Not sorry either.I even kept a pack in my freezer for years. Finally got rid of them. I was coughing all the time and cigs controled my life long enough. But the trick is to convince your self to quit in your mind .Your mind has to say cigs are bad they have nothing that I want.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

Hi patricia42256,
    Yes you are 100% hitting the nail on the head there when you say that you convince your mind that cigs have no benefit whatsoever for you.
    That then is the beginning of freedom from those bloody things...

Hi,
    Still off them and delighted to be so.
    Met an old friend yesterday - she offered me a cig - to which I politely refused.
    Even that made me feel good - to be able to refuse an offered cigarette.
    Jeez I hope I dont become very Anti-smoking - I used to hate that carry on when I was a smoker!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Well done 619C, glad things going well. Been a while since I was on here, still off them here myself, 6 weeks now or so now still on the ecig.

Had an intense craving there about 2 weeks ago where my brain was telling me to cut the crap (the ecig!) and have a real cig "a mans cig" :) It was so much that I was putting on my jacket to go down the shop and I suddenly snapped out of my trance and thought wtf am I doing? Needless to say the craving ended like that but I was a bit perplexed as it was very intense. I would say it was definitely the worse craving I had so far as tbh I didnt have too many cravings with the ecig. Things grand again now no real cravings, getting a little I won't say 'fed up' with the ecig but find I'm using it less and less and not craving a cig amazingly. Maybe its just the initial novelty has worn off now and I only use it when I really want to rather than the first few weeks of intense use. I hope thats a good thing.

Anyway glad to hear things going well, keep it up....also any luck with finding a good flavour that you like? My favourite flavours keep changing, at the moment I really like the flavourart mix your own flavours maxboro and turk%usa blend, I would say they are an acquired taste....didnt like them at first but they grew on me....so much so that my 'premixed' flavours all taste too sweet now.

Keep us posted!

Hi cougar1,
    Its really great to hear that you are still off them for over 6 weeks - that is just great - keep it up - its not worth it now to even think about smoking those filthy smelly things again!
    So am I - Over 3 weeks now and not looking back at all.
    The odd crave - sure maybe but I quickly dismiss it and its gone as soon as that.
    The ecig is great for me.
    I did get three bottles of Vanilla but the juice in them is not great.
    I got the 'diy' juice kit from TW in the UK
    I only have three flavours so far and more next pay day.
    Banana, Nut and 'Diablo Loco'.
    The video is here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2PXQaI2i4k

I am using an SD MK1 and its fine - I did get a few extra atomisers and batteries

I am cutting down now on the nicotine level all the time and just vaping away.

The odd time if I do get a longing for an analogue - I vape a high strength nicotine vape and I am back ok again.

So let me know how you are doing?

• Advertisement

Well still here and still off them!
    Nearly 5 weeks now and still going strong.
    Now and then I do get a craving but the ecig helps a LOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

That's great, five weeks is brilliant. When are you planning to stop using the e-cig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Five weeks is fantastic! Well done :)

Thanks guys for your support.
    Well I dont know if and when I can/will give up the ecig.
    I know that at present I am still getting cravings for tobacco now and then and the only way to remove them for me is to use the ecig.
    I am going to order another batch of juice and this time it will be normal and low strength nicotine so hopefully I will get going on that and not need the higher strength stuff.

I am happy to pass them by now when they are 'out the back' smoking at workplaces.
    I find I can concentrate more on my job without the constant niggling to go out and have a cig.

So will post again during the week.
    'I am happy with my progress' - its the longest that I have ever been off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Hi 619c, how are things going?

Just started on the e-cig myself, 3 days off the analogues now, yay!! Thought I was going mad as I still get cravings for a real cig and everyone was saying how they switched from analogues to vaping with no problems at all so thank you for putting my mind at rest.

Keep us updated on how your finding them :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement