Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 - A Complete Joke

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Mort5000 wrote: »
    You clearly haven't experienced O2's "service".

I have, and I agree with rc_irl's post. Taking a poor customer service experience personally is not going to get you anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

jor el wrote: »
    I have, and I agree with rc_irl's post. Taking a poor customer service experience personally is not going to get you anywhere.

I don't really get how you think that it is not a personal experience.

Should we smile and politely tut to get a better response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

rc_irl wrote: »
    A TD? I must admit that this seems a bit melodramatic. I would be embarressed to address an issue of poor customer service to a TD.
    "Melodramatic" It could be seen as that if it were a one off experience. The real fact is that there is a big gap in consumer protection here and O2 are cashing in with sensational figures. 1000's of Irish consumers are being victimised here and that certainly is a job for a TD to fix. But you have to tell them about it and provide them with the information. Do nothing and you can be sure nothing will be done about it.
    You seem to have also given O2 it's own character traits as if it is it's own person, rather than a corporation. In other words, you seem to have a personal agenda against O2 as is evident from many of your posts regarding O2, and that agenda should not be imposed on others looking for clear, objective and good consumer advice.
    I have a social agenda so that you, your granny and the fella that owns the dog down the road don't get victimised or at the very least become frustrated by the bs service this company puts out. If there is a personal agenda it is this - I don't want to live in a country where people are depressed and pissed off and worried about money because companies like O2 are legally allowed to behave so disgracefully.

Oh yes, yes I have. I would be more than happy to document some of them, if you wish. However, there's a responsible way to handle things, and there's a way to fly off the handle :)
    So why don't you give us a demonstration. Start your own thread and show us all how to responsibly be sickened by O2.
    Same for you. Start your own thread outlining your complaint against O2 and how that leads to deleting other people's posts about O2.

Look they're famous for it!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/pricewatch/2010/0510/1224270042034.html?via=mr
    (I wonder how did that happen if nobody said anything?)

GTG Peace Out!

Bosshogg wrote: »
    1000's of Irish consumers are being victimised here and that certainly is a job for a TD to fix.

OK, and you've spoken to these 1000s of customers then? If you're going to make up figures to back up your misguided opinion, why not make it a bit more catchy? Why not millions, or billions, of Irish customers are being victimised?
    I don't want to live in a country where people are depressed and pissed off and worried about money because companies like O2 are legally allowed to behave so disgracefully.

I don't want to live in a country where people blindly sign contracts without reading or understanding them, and without understanding the consequences of not doing this. You can blame O2 all you like, but you went into this with your eyes closed, and you didn't care about what would happen when you ignored the terms of the contract you signed up to.
    Same for you. Start your own thread outlining your complaint against O2

I've said all I want to on it, and just because you like to use every possible opportunity to air your gripe with O2, doesn't mean everyone else wants to as well. Unlike you, I was willing to engage with O2, and the issue was resolved. You refused offers of help from a representative of O2 on these forums, and I don't understand why you're still going on about this since you clearly don't want it to be resolved.
    and how that leads to deleting other people's posts about O2.
    Decisions of moderation are not up for discussion on any thread in any forum, bar Helpdesk. I'm sure you've been warned about this before, but if not here it is; don't do this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

"Melodramatic" It could be seen as that if it were a one off experience. The real fact is that there is a big gap in consumer protection here and O2 are cashing in with sensational figures. 1000's of Irish consumers are being victimised here and that certainly is a job for a TD to fix. But you have to tell them about it and provide them with the information. Do nothing and you can be sure nothing will be done about it.

I have told "them" about it, when it was required to do so. "Them" being the Commission for Communications Regulation, or the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland, or the Data Protection Commissioner, not a TD.

I have a social agenda so that you, your granny and the fella that owns the dog down the road don't get victimised or at the very least become frustrated by the bs service this company puts out. If there is a personal agenda it is this - I don't want to live in a country where people are depressed and pissed off and worried about money because companies like O2 are legally allowed to behave so disgracefully.

I admire that. I really do. I also completely understand your frustration with O2. I think most people reading your complaints do but you do not seem to be doing yourself or your agenda any favors by the manner you address your grievances.

Also, how can you be sure that every single customer of O2 is not happy with the service? You mention 1000's of Irish customers are being victimised by O2, but are you sure you are not speaking out of turn? My granny is happy with her service, as a matter of fact. She loves her iPhone.

So why don't you give us a demonstration. Start your own thread and show us all how to responsibly be sickened by O2.
    Same for you. Start your own thread outlining your complaint against O2 and how that leads to deleting other people's posts about O2.

I don't have an existing complaint about O2. The reason? Each issue I have had has been handled. In some of the issues, I had to contact the Commission for Communications Regulation and indeed the Data Protection Commissioner. I outlined the issue with the facts of the matter to the correct people and organizations and it was addressed. That's how someone gets heard, not ranting and raving to anyone that will listen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

You refused offers of help from a representative of O2 on these forums, and I don't understand why you're still going on about this since you clearly don't want it to be resolved.
    This sort of comment boggles my mind that you just come out with these bizarre statements that are completely wrong! I think rc_irl was asking the wrong person about "personal agendas".:rolleyes:
    I also completely understand your frustration with O2. I think most people reading your complaints do but you do not seem to be doing yourself or your agenda any favors by the manner you address your grievances.
    I tried being nice and that acheived nothing.;)

I don't have an existing complaint about O2. The reason? Each issue I have had has been handled. In some of the issues, I had to contact the Commission for Communications Regulation and indeed the Data Protection Commissioner. I outlined the issue with the facts of the matter to the correct people and organizations and it was addressed. That's how someone gets heard, not ranting and raving to anyone that will listen.
    Comreg seems like a lot of effort on your behalf to get anything done however if that's what it takes then shame on O2. Good that Comreg could help there for your particular issue but when they have an exploit in the law it's not so simple. I think what your comment suggests is that O2 are trying many ways to screw people and only when people like you take action does it get stopped. Think of the many people that take it on the chin and do nothing more.
    Comreg can only enforce the laws that a TD puts in place. For Shock Billing we need the law/regulations changed/updated, thus we need a TD. A TD will take more action sooner if more people petition the case. When I have full confidence in a certain political assistance I'll let people know where to focus their complaints.

Just put "o2 bill" into google and a few variations and as you start drilling you'll see staggering numbers going back years about people getting their pockets raided by O2.

http://www.p45.net/boards/showthread.php?t=99435
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055453551
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-265585.html

I'm not going to post 1000 links just to prove a point but the dates and distances involved show that it's rampant. The earliest I have in my list is a couple in 2006.

Sorry to the OP for thread hi-jacking if you should feel that way but everytime I post my devoted fans/stalkers come to challenge my posts.

This sort of comment boggles my mind that you just come out with these bizarre statements that are completely wrong! I think rc_irl was asking the wrong person about "personal agendas".:rolleyes:

Since you've apparently forgotten, here's the link to where you refused help from an official O2 representative, on these forums, as I said. Subsequent replies by that representative were ignored by you. So you can stop accusing me of lying about you now.

Everyone knows you were charged over €1000 for 3 months over-usage on O2's mobile broadband. My only agenda is to make sure people see this from more than your extremely one sided view. I will continue to correct every false statement you make here about O2 and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right, given the previous thread was closed in Rip Off Ireland, and this one is circling the toilet in the exact same manner, I am closing this thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement