Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 to 50k

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Denners

I wasn't going to go near the horses today but I really like Gene Autry now you've brought that race to my attention. Left it a little late last time but I would think Hughes has a serious chance on her today, goodluck with your bets

(EDIT) Quite a big field actually but I will be having an e/w at those odds

(EDIT) Joint Fav @ 9/1 is fairly big, just noticed Hughes isn't on board but definately worth an e/w at 9/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Amigomenor

Last time out Gene Autry let the leader get away from him and when he did go to close him down he was hampered and lost his momentum. The winner of that race Madam Macie could be listed / Group 3 class and is very well regarded by her trainer.
    Today Gene Autry will be well suited by the fast pace, has a great racing weight and a very capable jockey on board, has a bit to find on ratings (about 6lbs) but with the fast pase assured that is something I can overlook.

Looking forward now to watching Judd Street go in at 2!

Happy with the 3rd there ! All placed means big return.

Unplaced one good emperor. This run is getting frustrating.

14/1 winner in Summer Dancer with 2 to run! Might get a return after all!

• Advertisement

No return after the last 2 were unplaced, gene Autry was racing in the middle of nowhere and never really had a chance from the middle of the course. Mia's Boy ran dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Ah! I know how it feels!

Think of how Frank Sinatra would summise this run of fortune you find yourself in....

"That's life! Thats life! Thats what all the people say...
    Flying high in April - Shot down in May."

Hope it comes good sooner than later for you

Bank 308. Today going for a €1 EW Lucky 15

4.05 Newmarket- Run for the Hills- ran well last time out at Goodwood

5.15 Newmarket- Basle, won well last time and stable in form.

2.40 Leopardstown - Desert Romance - consistent with a good jockey on board.

2.05 Leopardstown - Dinah Doll - should appreciate the drop back to 1m and off a good racing weight.

Break even on the day so that's that the start of the recovery!

€1 EW Lucky 15 -

4.20 Goodwood - Light from Mars
    4.55 Goodwood - Second to Nun
    3.0c Redcar - Swain's Quest
    4.10 Redcar - Follow the Flag.

• Advertisement

1EW Lucky 15

1.40 Epsom - Ordnance Row
    2.10 Epsom - Vitznau
    3.25 Epsom - Victoria Sponge
    4.05 Epsom - Timepiece

Balance is now 280. Not going vey well at all.

2 tips for tomorrow

3.15 Epsom- Indian Trial- Won the race last year, good draw, apprentice taking 5lbs off his back.

4.0c Epsom- Workforce- Terrible Derby but this horse should improve for his debut and has the most scope.

20PTS EW Single both and 10pts EW Double.

Will have less than 40% of the original bank left if these 2 bust out however as always I am hopeful!

Take the best prices available as they will be guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

What happened to no more than 10% of bank staked in a day? Not that i'm too picky ;)

Good luck, I've Workforce backed at 14s so hopefully we'll both have a good day!

I just disregarded the 10% of bank theory. I have had so many losers lately the bad run has to end soon!

Regardless of how these 2 get on I will alter the strategy as the current one one was not working. I had 285 in the bank from the intial 500 after starting this thread a good number of weeks back. Prior to that I had a great run at both Cheltenham and Aintree where at Cheltenham I showed a profit of just over 1k.

I really fancy India Trial in the sprint, he won very well last year after missing the start and he should be close again tomorrow. Workforce must be a good horse for Stoute to run him, that is good enough for me to select him.

Suggestions for a new strategy are welcome.

Winner in the Derby gets the bank back up to €400. Disappointed Indian Trail could not do the double but that is the way I have been running lately.

Still thinking about a new strategy to apply.

Bank 400 after Workforce last week.

This week .50c EW Lucky 63 (stake 63), some good handicaps on offer so looking to bag the ew 1/4 odds placing.

2.40 General Ellott- was a good horse (listed class) 18 months back, Paul Cole still must belive in him owise he would have moved him on.

3.15 York Midnight Martini- extra furlong should help here and trainer loves winning at York.

2.55 Sandown Autumn Blades- In great form this year and expect another solid run.

3.20 Bath Touch od Style- running very well since change in stable and this is not a strong race.

5.25 York Green Park- Good draw and running reasonable this season. Was running on last time when hampered.

5.15 Sandown Hindu Kush- On past form he would be a very short price. Shall take a chance that he will have an easy lead today.

Bank 342 . Kept the powder dry all week and did a fair bit of work last night on the selections for today.

At this point I really need to turn it around. Bets will be as follows.

20*1€ ew trebles 1ew acc (stake 42).

2.30 Ascot Fanny May- won first time up from a stable not used to producing juvenile wiinners
    305 Ascot Crowded House - hope he rediscovers his form of last year.
    3.50 Ascot High Standing - Very impressed he won last time out over 5f, think this horse is going to be a top 6f sprinter
    4.25 Ascot Johanees - Won well 2 runs back at York, might have ran too soon afterwards so willing to forgive.
    5.0c Ascot Drill Sergeant - Was a good stayer last year and the handicapper has relented on him somewhat.
    5.30 Ascot Balkan Knight -This is a weaker race than he usually runs in and hopefully this old timer can turn back the clock

Also suggesting a €1 ew lucky 15
    3.20 Newmarket -Baylini - due a win and the trip is about right.
    3.30 Ayr- Lochiel - Down in the weights and should run well.
    2.55 Redcar - Prince Andjo- Good way donw in the weights and despite the bad form figures is up to wining a poor race.
    2.45 Newmarket - Rough Rock- 33/1 is too big for this horse who has already won a couple this season.

Bank will be done to 270 if there is no joy today however as always I am confident.

Look to get a bookie who does 1/4 odds on all places in handicaps. Als look for bookies who pay 3/4 times odds on Lucky 15's.
    Good luck me!

Cant buy a winner!

Back in action today after being unable to post selections.
    Bank stands at 275.

Todays Selections

20*€1 ew trebles, 1ew acc

2.35 Sandown- Moynahan- always finds trouble and was badly hampered last time, before that won with a bit in hand. Like the booking of Tom Queally on this fella and 20/1 a little big especially at a course that suits stayers.

2.50 Haydock - Champagnelifestyle - Ran a good race in the Cheshire Oaks and I do not believe she ran her race last time out. I think this horse could be the dark horse in the line up and definately expect a first 3 finish.

3.25 Haydock - Spiritisneeded- Course winner some runs back although has been disappointing since, hope he may get an easy lead here and the drop back in trip may help his cause.

3.15 Beverly - Shotley Mac- Course winner and down a few pounds in the weights. I though he ran a reasonable race last time out at Carlisle and I am happy with his draw here in 5. Like teh fact that Fran Norton is on him as he nursed him home the last day after his chance had gone.

4.50 Sandown - Dupicity- seems to have lost him way and does not appear as if the trainer knows what this fella's correct distance is. Is running off a good mark here and if he stays (which he looks to me like being capable of) i think he could be a little big at 14/1.

5.45 Haydock- Oh so Saucy - Definitely a hold up horse , definitely the correct jockey on board and at 16/1 in a weak race with this fella being the trainers only runner of the day he will do for me.

I am feeling very confident of these 6 today and have a good feeling that it could be a very exciting day. Check back in later.

Oh so Saucy is a n/r so insert Timber Treasure in the 5.45 Haydock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

FYI 3.15 Beverly - Shotley Mac is a Non runner.....!

Might chance a small accum all the same. Best wishes

Advertisement