Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand-Bankok and the southern islands-Vacines???

Options
  • 01-05-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

myself and my mate are going to Thailand in 3 weeks. We are flying to Bankok-and going straight to Kopanang and Phuket and Phi Phi. For the last 2 days we're flying back to Bankok. One person has told me that there is no need for any injections for where I'm going - however alot of people have said the opposite.

What would be the general consensus?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 FDuff

you may want to check out:
    http://www.travelhealth.ie/Countries/Thailand.php

these are not mandatory vaccines, but recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Ask your GP for advice. I would ask the question why would you not get them?... apart from the cost. Suppose it depends on how risk adverse you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

if you were heading up north you would defo need them.

it is up to you really but i say you can never put a cost on your health

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

I was in Bangkok, Chiang Mai (up North) and Koh Samui. If I was going again I wouldn't bother.

They reckon as you get close to Laos and in rural parts of the North there is defo a need

Advertisement