Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KETAS review? Kenya Tanzania Safari

Options
  • 01-05-2010 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hi,

we're planning to spend 2wks this summer traveling between Kenya and Tanzania. during our search we came across KETAS, Kenya Tanzania Adventure Safari. They got back to us with a pretty good package but I just couldn't find any review online about that company.

They have been in the business for the last 8 yrs, so that's why I'm a bit surprised not finding any review on them...

Kenya/Tanzania trips are very, very pricey for Africa, and I want to make sure our money goes into a proper business and not some sort of scam.

They're part of the ATTA grp.
    http://www.adventuretravelnews.com/ketas-safaris

so if anyone has any input on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I dont have any info on the company but did a safari in Tanzania (Ngorogoro crater) last year and its great

• Registered Users Posts: 2 acjeffery

Please could you let me know if you used KETAS for your safari? i am in Nairobi this week and have provisionally booked a 2 day trip with them next weekend. I have had regular correspondence with them but there have been a few inconsistencies that are making me worry. I would be grateful if you can either allay my fears or can let me know that I really should look for an alternative - particularly important as I am travelling by myself. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 isacyc

hello could somebody tell me how did Ketas Safari in Tanzania worked for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 acjeffery

Hi,

I used Ketas Safaris for a 2 day trip to Amboseli and a day trip in Nairobi last March (2011). Despite my concerns before I travelled, they were excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. The organisation and the quality of the accommodation and arrangements made were superb. Correspondence was a bit erratic but overall I recommend them wholeheartedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

what prices are you being quoted?
    i found some of the overland tours very cheap , all your using is the transport , in the campsites there is always an option to upgrade to a beach hut etc.

theres loads of them

http://www.africantrails.co.uk/

• Advertisement
Advertisement