Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

setting up xbox sound through pc

• 01-05-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I just got a VGA cable to play on my dell monitor. There is no sound coming out though :/ I have the red and white cables with the adaptor plugged into the rear mic jack, but my computer seems to read this jack as "not plugged in", even though there is? even when xbox is on. Is there any way to get sound working? Wont be able to get a female-female adaptor til tuesday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You could buy cheap speaker set from power city, if it uses 3.5mm, get 2 rca to 3.5mm connectors 3 euro.OR buy, borrow set of pc speakers,20 euro approx.SO get 2 rca female to 2 3.5mm female connectors,maplins/pcworld or powercity.
    OR plug the 2 rcas into a hifi /radio most have rca in red white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what sound card / os are you using? You should be plug in through the line-in and not the mic port. Also there may be an option you need to enable in your sound card proberties called - line in monitoring or similar so you can hear what is played through it on the speakers.

Used to use this myself until I got separate speakers, the delay introduced by going through the pc for sound made games like rockband and guitar hero impossible to play.

Advertisement