Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARI Referral

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I'm officially in the TWW now myself. How far along are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

TWW?

Can we please use full words.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭May79

I'm officially in the TWW now myself. How far along are you?

The second week of it now. Though i'm really at odds. I'm not as sore now as i was last week so i'm confused again!! Wait and see :)

May79 wrote: »
    The second week of it now. Though i'm really at odds. I'm not as sore now as i was last week so i'm confused again!! Wait and see :)

would you consider testing early, or do you normally wait until you're late? - I can never hold out that long.....! :)

Well..... I was so despondant and down this morning i thought "I wonder"... I did a test, which is just a cheapy strip thing you dip in a jar, (I bought a few in bulk cheap of the internet at the same time as the opks) anyway...two lines. I nearly fell over. So i drank tea, OJ and anything else i could find in the fridge and did another one. two lines again. Going to invest in a clear blue or some of them big brand yokes to see if i am dreaming or if i might be you know what..... I don't dare hope. In work now and cannot concentrate on a thing. (CD31 but i'm still not sure what my cycle is like - I would've waited and waited normally, i still have pains at r ovary which to me indicates af on route so i haven't a clue) :confused: :eek: :o

• Advertisement

Well..... I was so despondant and down this morning i thought "I wonder"... I did a test, which is just a cheapy strip thing you dip in a jar, (I bought a few in bulk cheap of the internet at the same time as the opks) anyway...two lines. I nearly fell over. So i drank tea, OJ and anything else i could find in the fridge and did another one. two lines again. Going to invest in a clear blue or some of them big brand yokes to see if i am dreaming or if i might be you know what..... I don't dare hope. In work now and cannot concentrate on a thing. (CD31 but i'm still not sure what my cycle is like - I would've waited and waited normally, i still have pains at r ovary which to me indicates af on route so i haven't a clue) :confused: :eek: :o

Oh My God!!!!! Brilliant, congratulations :D:D:D

Get a First Response test or a Clear Blue Digi, DON'T get anything with blue dyd lines, they're notorious for evap lines. Pink all the way!!

Got clear blue digi. Said 1-2 weeks!

Only second month on clomid, strong stuff. That's us trying since Jan 2009. Will have to wait now and see if it holds tight. I bought extra tests. I'll be doing one a day for weeks i know rightly. I don't go back to rotunda until 18th August. So many questions i want to ask him...:eek:

You just wait to get going on clomid....... You won't know yourself. I have pcos too.

Got clear blue digi. Said 1-2 weeks!

Only second month on clomid, strong stuff. That's us trying since Jan 2009. Will have to wait now and see if it holds tight. I bought extra tests. I'll be doing one a day for weeks i know rightly. I don't go back to rotunda until 18th August. So many questions i want to ask him...:eek:

You just wait to get going on clomid....... You won't know yourself. I have pcos too.

Aw May79 that is just brill. Have a happy and healthy 9 months! (((hugs)))

I am back in HARI in the morn for some blood tests. Am 3 days past ovulation now. It's going to be a looooong couple of weeks, but even if I'm not successful at least I have Clomid to look forward too!:p

Are you going to request an early scan to see if there's more than one foetus? Oh how exciting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I've ben following this thread out fo interest. My heart goes out to you May and Detective for all the months of trying!

It looks like its paying off for you now May! Congratulations :D Hoping you have a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Detective: I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. You'll get there in the end and it'll be worth the wait :)

thanks Crazy ;)

cannot wait to get pregnant; hope it happens soon, this wait has been too long

• Advertisement

Thanks Carzy - Early days. :eek: - Really nervous now. Haven't a clue what to do next!!!!

Detective - I have no idea what to do now. I was thinking i might just stick with home tests until i get back to my doctor? I have another digi clear blue for the morning (strongest hormone in urine first thing?) I didn't consider there might be more than one..... OMG as they say!!!

I really really did not expect this. Anything i have been doing is off the back of the advice on these forums - you in particular. Going to google all night now. You are 3 days past O now? We were busy every single day if you know what i mean and for days prior to and well past the so called O stage. Just in case. I hope it works ok fir you. With Hari you know you are in good hands.... :-)

Doc says negative..... NOW i am confused!!!

Doc says negative..... NOW i am confused!!!

:eek:

doc tests can be crap. Do you know if they did a qualitative (literally confirming if you are +/-) or quantitative test (beta score tests)? If the latter the beta number may not be high enough for them to formally confirm the pregnancy.

Digi's do NOT lie. you ARE pregnant. Have you got any more tests yourself?

I've heard of this happening before.

I don't know what any of those things mean detective.... God i am so bad at this stuff :mad:.....

I know it was a urine test - much like the type we do at home - into a jar etc etc. He only looked on it for a minute - there was def only ONE line :-(I'm really lost) - I have more tests here - the digi type and the dip ones. Was going to try and wait until after the weekend to test again. If i'm not and af doesn't arrive i need to get more provera because af is late if i can rely on last months cycle (I can't compare to any other) I wish i knew for certain one way or the other - I thought i did know!!!

I am going to get the letters confirming progesterone levels on both cd21 for the past 2 months i think. I won't know what i'm reading but hey i can surf the net right!!! :P

thanks Crazy ;)

cannot wait to get pregnant; hope it happens soon, this wait has been too long

Can i just say detective - i hope it works for you asap. You fully deserve it more than anyone. You have so much knowledge. I know i don't know you but you have been a total tower of strenght and i appreciate every wee word you say. You are so unbelieveably helpful and a great boards buddy x x x x :)

Was it a GP urine pregnancy test? In which case it could well come up as being negative. In my experience I went to the Gp too early and had to go back a week later for them to be able to confirm the pregnancy. The tests they use aren't nearly as sensitive as clearblue or first response.

Do another test in the morning using the very first wee! It'll have the highest levels of HCG in. Do multiple tests if you have to but make sure you collect the first wee and just use this sample.

You really shouldn't get a false positive unless you are taking any medications that may contain HCG??

Was it a GP urine pregnancy test? In which case it could well come up as being negative. In my experience I went to the Gp too early and had to go back a week later for them to be able to confirm the pregnancy. The tests they use aren't nearly as sensitive as clearblue or first response.

Do another test in the morning using the very first wee! It'll have the highest levels of HCG in. Do multiple tests if you have to but make sure you collect the first wee and just use this sample.

You really shouldn't get a false positive unless you are taking any medications that may contain HCG??

I hope i was too early.... It was a wee test yes and it was at 2.30pm. I was taking clomid would that affect it? What else is there? I'm not up to speed on this stuff at all. I'm so so bad.:confused:

I don't know what any of those things mean detective.... God i am so bad at this stuff :mad:.....

I'm sorry - using jargon as usual....

a quantitative test is just YES/NO, i.e. to just verify scientifically if you are pg or not, i.e. if the pregnancy hormone HCG is present (or not), black or white. Levels of the hormone or other related info doesn't matter, just that it is present.

Qualitative on the other hand is about look at all the data and what story it tells collectively.. e.g. if on top of the pg test he did a progesterone test, as well as a beta test, that is a collection of data with a story to tell.

sorry probably making even less sense now......

The fact that he read the test and discarded it after a minute is a joke. It can take up to five mins for an early positive to fully appear, and even then you have to squint to see it....

As Crazy pointed out the only way you would get a false positive on a digi is if you were on a type fertility treatment that involves you being injected with HCG (IntraUterine Insemination requires this I think). Clomid would not create HCG in your body.

You ARE pregnant! It even said 1-2 weeks, there's no doubting it. I say test again with a digi if it gives you peace of mind ;)

Can i just say detective - i hope it works for you asap. You fully deserve it more than anyone. You have so much knowledge. I know i don't know you but you have been a total tower of strenght and i appreciate every wee word you say. You are so unbelieveably helpful and a great boards buddy x x x x :)

Aw that's very sweet and lovely of you to say so :o

Am only passing on info that others have told me; am far from an expert. I find this whole TTC business immensely intriguing, even if I can come across somewhat neurotic.

the fertility doc laughed at me the other day when he saw all my charts (even though he had a good leaf through them). I brought along graphs and bar charts and everything (I didn't create them, just printed them off from Fertility Friend). He asked me my profession and I said banker, and he said, "put away the charts and the mathematics, you only need this fine man here to get you pregnant". I was mortified, didn't help that OH was nodding knowingly in agreement.......

Well i mean it detective.

I hope the doc was just flippant and he's not up to speed with all this girly stuff (much like myself :D) - and it cost me €50 for the priviledge...

I will do another digi but i think i'm going to wait until like sunday morning or something if i can contain myself. Feel so stupid now hoestly.

I appreciate all your knowledge. All your charting is possibly what is getting you through this. The doc in hari is probably freaking out that he can't bamboozle you with fact and figures - you're going to make him earn his money!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

Clomid would not create a false positive. If you think you can wait until Sunday to do another test fair play to you! I'd be doing them everyday!

Yeah i am going to try - Whether i manage it or not is a totally other thing!!! Fingers crossed and all that!

Clomid would not create a false positive. If you think you can wait until Sunday to do another test fair play to you! I'd be doing them everyday!

me too!

Feel so stupid now hoestly.

Seriously don't think that. Tests are created to show early results, so it was not stupid to be testing. Testing early does cause undue stress though, that's for sure ;)

Agreed ;)

Ok i buckled ;) - I did one again this morning with undiluted wee (TMI) - with cheapy 2 line job. (Am still going to keep my digi clear blue one for sunday!!!)
    Got two definite lines. darker than they were the first day i did them and the same test i used before clear blue digi... Still says positive... My goodness i'm wrecked thinking about it. Would low progesterone be a problem now? What figure is low? so much conflicting information - Sme say more than 10 is good, some say it needs to be up in the 30's.

Still have had 5 positives and one negative!

Ok May heres what you do... Go to the bathroom, open the medicine cabinet, and take 1 chill pill :)

You're pregnant so start enjoying it!!

The stupid doctor should've said to you that it was probably too early to confirm the pregnancy on the surgery test, and that you should return to the doctors in a week and bring with you your first sample of that day and they would try to confirm the pregnancy then.

If I were you I would make another appointment for a weeks time, request a female doctor as they have more understanding about these things are are more sensitive to 'women things!'. Pop into your local chemist or even into the doctors before then to collect a sample pot.

Have you been told before that you have low progesterone? If not then why would you worry about it now?

I can't believe the doctor has filled you with so much doubt! Take comfort in all the positive tests that you are getting and try to relax. The next 3 months are going to be stressful enough, so try not to start looking for things to worry about. Pregnant until proven otherwise as my husband always said!

Oh and another thing, Google is no longer your friend! Too much out there to scare you!

Find one good baby/pregnancy site and stick to it! I found Babycentre.co.uk to be brilliant throughout my pregnancy. So much information in one place :)

Ok May heres what you do... Go to the bathroom, open the medicine cabinet, and take 1 chill pill :)
    Have you been told before that you have low progesterone? If not then why would you worry about it now?QUOTE]

Hi there----chill pill it is!

Yeah i have pcos and so low progesterone. It's a realatively new diagnosis so i am still learning.

I agree-google has the head wrecked. Will try that site you recommended thank you very much.

Goingt o go and go mad for the weekend (sans alcohol:D)

Thanks Mrs :D

• Advertisement

don't worry about low progesterone, it's really hard for doctors to measure anyway (as it fluctuates) so a low reading is not necessarily a low reading. What's brilliant is that your tests are getting darker, that's a really positive sign (pun intended!).

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!

Advertisement