Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan Tribute Song

• 01-05-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

This is a tribute to the late and great RTE presenter - Gerry Ryan.
    Sometimes the only way to convey an emotion is to put it in song.
    I wrote this song late last night to express the sadness of such a huge loss but also to remember the happy times.
    Rest in Peace, you will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXKUaaIUbc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mattyhislop

Hi Cormac

Fair play on that song, it's brilliant.

I'll really miss Gerry aswell. I like so many others have grown up with him. He was always there, a constant and now that he's gone, it doesn't feel real. I loved his common touch where he could connect with anybody. I loved that he was an extremely clever man but was not afraid to play the fool! He never let a small minority of begrudgers crush his spirit, he was a real free spirit and full of fun. He really was a man of the people and it's such a big loss for Ireland.

RIP Gerry and my thoughts are with his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 darrens13

Hi, loved your song well done, a nice tribute to a great man, can't believe he's gone, RIP Gerry, my wife and i loved listen to him,won't be the same with out him. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Fair play Cormac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Where did you record that Cormac? Do you have a set up at home? How did you eliminate the muffling that comes with audio recording?

Thanks.

Advertisement