Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on seniority

Options
  • 01-05-2010 12:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, I noticed when reading the COD forum charter that an Admin is one of the mods, and he says if there's an issue with his(or the other mod from the forum) moderating, take it to a cmod, but as he's an admin doesnt he outrank the cmod?

Cheers
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If a Chief Superintendent is pulled in for speeding by a traffic cop he can still be given a ticket or a talking to. Same thing really applies I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers Magnolia!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The way I look at it is that in the forums I mod, I am just that - a mod. If there are any issues to be escalated, they go to the CMod, then onto a different Admin if needed.

Likewise with Education - if any issues are to be escalated to me, I advise in my CMod capacity, not Admin capacity. Again, if it needs to go higher, I direct it to another Admin for independent review.

So it really depends in what capacity the person is acting in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd doubt it would come up as an issue too often, but I'd imagine if an admin was found to be acting in a petty or wrong fashion as a mod they would get a somewhat harsher tongue lashing (in private obv) from their peers than a mod doing the same would do, although the public result would be the same, whether that be a reversal of a decision or admission of guilt, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just a quick question, I noticed when reading the COD forum charter that an Admin is one of the mods, and he says if there's an issue with his(or the other mod from the forum) moderating, take it to a cmod, but as he's an admin doesnt he outrank the cmod?

Cheers

Good question helimachopter! That would be me :) I'm in a slightly unusual situation however in that I mod the COD forum, CMod the Games category and am an Admin. :o

However, in this instance if you ever have a problem with my modding on COD (or other forums) you contact the relevant CMod. As I am a Games CMod you would contact the other Games CMod, Silverfish to complain about me :) Silverfish will then decide what to do about me and either pat me on the back or give me a kick in the arse as appropriate.

Basically, in my opinion, it boils down to 'don't use Admin status in your own forums'. If there is an issue requiring an Admin just ask another Admin to take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

r3nu4l wrote: »
    However, in this instance if you ever have a problem with my modding on COD (or other forums) you contact the relevant CMod. As I am a Games CMod you would contact the other Games CMod, Silverfish to complain about me :) Silverfish will then decide what to do about me and either pat me on the back or give me a kick in the arse as appropriate.

Basically, in my opinion, it boils down to 'don't use Admin status in your own forums'. If there is an issue requiring an Admin just ask another Admin to take a look.
    Just to clarify I dont have a problem with your modding, just a question that popped into my head when i read the forum rules (out of boredom :))

Thanks for your view r3nu4l :)

No problem at all, I just wanted to clarify the position for everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Good question helimachopter! That would be me :) I'm in a slightly unusual situation however in that I mod the COD forum, CMod the Games category and am an Admin. :o

Silverfish is of course, also an Admin. Just to confuse you further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So let me get this straight, r3nu4l is a regular user, a mod, a Cmod, and an Admin?

Is that you god?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Tallon wrote: »
    Is that you god?
    Nah, God got banned years ago. :D

His last post means we're all fooked! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Is that you god?
    You called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

smashey wrote: »
    You called?

I said God, not buddha :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I said God, not buddha :p

Okay okay I'm here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's not the size of your Mod list that counts, it's how close your name is to God that gets you the action.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When people become Admins we used to have them drop all forums and replace them as CMod. These days we replace them as Cmod (when we can find replacements...its a knock on effect you know!).... but if they have a particular gra for a forum we let them keep it, at least for a while :)

R3D4 has only just joined Admins and so its still being worked through.

DeV.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gordon wrote: »
    It's not the size of your Mod list that counts, it's how close your name is to God that gets you the action.

God... and L Ron Hubbard.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boardsentology..... has a nice ring to it... no?

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    R3D4 has only just joined Admins and so its still being worked through.

DeV.
    ha ha :) Well I've found my replacement as CMod of Science, in none other than DrIndy :) I'm working with Silverfish on Games atm.

Hmm, I am a registered user, mod, CMod and Admin you say? Any jobs going at boards.ie? That way I could continue to collect the whole set of user titles...although I'll try to avoid the 'Banned' one if possible :pac:

Advertisement