Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money deposited into wrong account.

Options
  • 01-05-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just a quick question, im in a new job and i only got paid yesterday for the first time. Due to my own fault i gave my loan account number to my employer by accident instead of my current account number. At the moment my loan account is frozen just till i get some other things sorted out. My question is whether or not i could transfer the money out of my loan account and into my current account as i really need it.

I know i cant do it online and ill most likely need to my branch but they dont take calls over the weekend so i cant even ask till Monday. Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

nothing you can do till tues ...its a bank holiday weekend.

only thing I could suggest is borrowing from family/friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Ah no ill cope till the banks open its just i wanted to know if it could be sorted.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How do you mean 'frozen'? Do you mean you're on a payment break or you're in arrears? If it's arrears, and they amount to more than the salary payment, then I can't see them letting you take it out.

I'm afraid you're stuck until tuesday, give them a call first thing and see if there's anything they can do for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I highly doubt you can take back money you've paid off a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

My loans isn't in arrears i just wasnt working for a while so it got frozen for two months. I don't really mind if i cant get the money put into my current account but it would be very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

So its not really frozen you just have just taken a payment break/holiday.
    The money will be deposited in the account in this case.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you've made an overpayment into your loan, then it shouldn't be a problem getting it back out. I've seen a few customers do it by mistake with online banking, and it's never been a problem taking it back out. You have to go to a branch to do it though.

Advertisement