Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels nearby Morrison Hotel

Options
  • 01-05-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im looking for a hotel nearby the Morrison hotel. My overnight allowance for work will not stretch to that hotel and the office is just around the corner(just started).

What would be a good corporate style hotel nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eddieham

ask the guys in Algie's, they have accounts all round town and should be able to get you a decent rate somewhere near to Strand st. ;)
    If not the following are within walking, Maldron Hotel (€89) and Jurys Inn Parnell st.
    Maldron has great reviews on tripadvisor and have two nearby; Smithfield and Parnell st
    Best of luck with Algies, great company to work for

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Although Im sure the employer will have an account somewhere its always best to try to secure something I feel might be good or even better value.

The Maldron is actually a good suggestion, good location. I stayed there many times when I was designing the Fresh deli.

Not sure if it still applies but there used to be an unwritten rule to stay in account hotels whenever possible, but back then we used to book hotels for new employees and visitors from Glasgow in advance, so things have obviously changed.

If I would be so bold, Who are you?

Did you work for Algies?

When?

Why are you not working there anymore?

Worked for them many years back, in fact I was the first employee in Ireland, when they first set up here.
    Worked for them for over 3 years and always found them to be an excellent employer. Was offered a better position with a rival and went for that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

I flew over to meet them during the week and was extremely impressed by the staff and the head office, factory, refurb etc and was thrilled when I was offered the position.

Im just organising my training time with them , investigating a good quality hotel nearby but if they have a specific hotel/rate to offer then so be it.

Everything I hear about them is brilliant and Mr JS is a nice guy.

Advertisement