Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access mobile boards (m.boards.ie) on my n900

Options
  • 01-05-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭

anyone else not able to access mobile boards today? I can access ordinary boards but not mobile version - it says "microb cannot access the server at m.boards.ie"

anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just tried it there now and I have no problems (I am not in Ireland, btw, so different DNS servers etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Just tried it there now and I have no problems (I am not in Ireland, btw, so different DNS servers etc.).
    I just tried there and it works fine on my n900. in dublin btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

No problems here, Eircom or VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi
    Thanks for replies.

I've discovered what the problem was - but I can't explain it - maybe you's can!

All the shortcuts on my N900 (actually now that I think of it on my pc too) for the mobile boards were in the format

http://www.m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1121

and these all worked until a day or so ago.

Getting rid of the "www" in the address solves the problem. But, as these were shortcuts I know they used to work :confused:
    And given that they were shortcuts they were created automatically...

Can no-one explain why this change occurred - has it not happened to other people with shortcuts to the mobile version? i.e. the problem with a "www" in the shortcut?

• Advertisement

Purely out of curiousity as I have changed all my shortcuts so problem gone - but does no-one know why this happened?
    Hi
    Thanks for replies.

I've discovered what the problem was - but I can't explain it - maybe you's can!

All the shortcuts on my N900 (actually now that I think of it on my pc too) for the mobile boards were in the format

http://www.m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1121

and these all worked until a day or so ago.

Getting rid of the "www" in the address solves the problem. But, as these were shortcuts I know they used to work :confused:
    And given that they were shortcuts they were created automatically...

Advertisement