Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aistes

Options
  • 01-05-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

So what's everyone preparing for the HL Irish Aiste this year ? I have one done on Daoine oga, Ghaeilge and gearcheim slainte

Has anyone an essay prepared on the Culu, Bochtannas or gearcheim airgeadais, if so could they post it here or PM me thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    So what's everyone preparing for the HL Irish Aiste this year ? I have one done on Daoine oga, Ghaeilge and gearcheim slainte

Has anyone an essay prepared on the Culu, Bochtannas or gearcheim airgeadais, if so could they post it here or PM me thanks :)

Why should someone post up an essay that they worked hard on and did for themselves? Make up your own essay and stop trying to plagiarise other people's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Why should someone post up an essay that they worked hard on and did for themselves? Make up your own essay and stop trying to plagiarise other people's work.

Calm down there mate... I was only asking what other people had prepared and I'm of course willing to post any of mine up if people post theirs, its called sharing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Calm down there mate... I was only asking what other people had prepared and I'm of course willing to post any of mine up if people post theirs, its called sharing

It's also called plagiarism.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Tbh, you won't get anything here, many people will have payed good money to grind teachers for their essays, so won't post them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

It's also called plagiarism.

Who gives a f*ck.
    As long as it helps get a better grade in the LC it doesnt matter. Its an essay not a book he's looking to share

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Why should anyone help anyone else? Let's make the LC as competitive as possible so we all hate each other. Get off your high horse give some constructive help/criticism rather than just bs'ing. You're not Dr Cox ffs.

There's nowt wrong with sharing ideas, but I agree that you shouldn't be directly using other students' work. That, as Mayoegian has said, is plagiarism.

OP, if you have a look at Dréimire, there's a few good sample essays and comprehensions which contains some very useful structures and vocab. I find it very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Why should anyone help anyone else? Let's make the LC as competitive as possible so we all hate each other. Get off your high horse give some constructive help/criticism rather than just bs'ing. You're not Dr Cox ffs.

There's nowt wrong with sharing ideas, but I agree that you shouldn't be directly using other students' work. That, as Mayoegian has said, is plagiarism.

OP, if you have a look at Dréimire, there's a few good sample essays and comprehensions which contains some very useful structures and vocab. I find it very helpful.

Yeah Dréimire is really good! Try to get your hands on it if you don't have it - it has essays on everything if you're bothered to read it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Wow, never heard people being so ignorant over nothing, seriously peps :cool: Dremiere's probably the best. here's a link to a short essay i got last year in school on fabanna na daoine óga. hope its of help. pm if you want other ones. :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1001&pictureid=4888

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Some people need to relax...

Foinse has some good essays - they did a great one on drugs , the health system... then about two weeks ago they did one about young people not having any respect for policticans anymore..

In the Examcraft thing there was also on on the scandals in the Church - I really doubt that could come up though? Its such a touchy subject I don't think it would really come up?

So far we've done Drugai , Alcol , An Coras Oideachais , Global Warming.. And thats really it !

Any tips on what else we should have prepared?

I have about 5 or 6 essays that I could send to you if u want..
    They are not my own work but the Irish is perfect in them
    I use them to take stuff out and put in other essays..
    I have Baol agus Bagairt i Saol an Lae Inniu , Bochtanas.Ciníochas ,Coiriúlacht Fadhbanna an Duine Óig in Éirinn Fadhb na nDrugaí... they are all over an A4 Page so theres tonnes of stuff you could use!

Pm me if ur interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

PARARORY wrote: »

I have about 5 or 6 essays that I could send to you if u want..
    They are not my own work but the Irish is perfect in them
    I use them to take stuff out and put in other essays..
    I have Baol agus Bagairt i Saol an Lae Inniu , Bochtanas.Ciníochas ,Coiriúlacht Fadhbanna an Duine Óig in Éirinn Fadhb na nDrugaí... they are all over an A4 Page so theres tonnes of stuff you could use!

Pm me if ur interested...

Hey PARARORY I would be highly interested!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Wow, never heard people being so ignorant over nothing, seriously peps :cool: Dremiere's probably the best. here's a link to a short essay i got last year in school on fabanna na daoine óga. hope its of help. pm if you want other ones. :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=1001&pictureid=4888

Thanks mate, finally someone who speaks sense ! Really don't see why some people get so angry over things like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ilovethecraic

just woundering where would ya get a dreimere>> like is there a website?? :( im soo F***ed.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Thanks mate, finally someone who speaks sense ! Really don't see why some people get so angry over things like this

Exactly!

Its one of the most infuriating things to see people get on the high horse about the Leaving. Frankly, who cares if people help each other out with essays? What difference does it make? If people are in trouble then why not lend a helping hand. People don't obviously feel comfortable writing their own essays and thus are looking for a template/structure to work from. I've helped out many people with one of my strongest subjects, and I continue to do so.

"Its plageurism!"

Stop acting like we are trying to get the Pulitzer prize. Its the leaving cert. If you don't want to help then don't bother coming on to the thread.

Advertisement