Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are there any good snowboarding games on 360?

• 01-05-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Are there any good snowboarding games on 360?

I just saw some clips of 1080 on the N64 and it has got me wanting a good snowboarding title.

Is there one on 360 that isn't rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Only one that comes to mind is Shaun White. Be even so, that lacks by comparison to the day of Cool Boarders on PS1.
    Good soundtrack though, and it's fun throwing snowballs at other people while they trying a 720!

It could greatly be improved with a co-op mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

looked at a review on Gamespot. Got 5 out of 10. Surely theres something better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Amped 3 was meant to be good. It was a launch title, so it might be hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I really liked Amped 3, the story mode was alot of fun I thought. Shaun White wasnt too bad either. Of the 2 I'd go with Amped 3 though.

Stoked is another snowboarding game, haven't played it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Amped 3, wow, that takes me back...

I got that in December 2005, it was great fun then, completed the story mode. Its more on the fun and ficticious side but its good craic.

I saw it in HMV recently I think, it was €15 wherever it was. Could probably pick it up for nothing on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only snowboarding game I ever loved was SSX, really wish that would revamp that one for 360 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shaun White isn't great. Amped 3 is much better but not as realistic as SW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

calex71 wrote: »
    Only snowboarding game I ever loved was SSX, really wish that would revamp that one for 360 :(

Too right! i'm amazed they haven't brought one out for the 360 yet (it being EA and all)

Of the ones that are out, Amped 3 is probably the best. Shaun White & Stoked are both pretty mediocre imo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Was just thinking the same recently as I saw a new one out in Game. Problem is, that while I adored SSX Tricky, I wasnt a fan of the next one terrifically and I have played a few boarding games which truely sucked.... so I am reticent to buy another without a good review. Its amazing that they didnt even release a fix for SSX Tricky for the 360....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Have they even released any good ones on the ps3? or have they just abandoned this genre for the next gen consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Amped 3 still stands up as a really fun game. The graphics haven't aged terribly either.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually I found "Pure" to be the closest thing to a snowboarding game (its a quad biking game with huge stunts). It strongly reminded me of SSX Tricky, so if thats your thing then pick up a copy of it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I adored SSX Tricky on the Gamecube back in the day.
    I loved it for the OTT stunts and sense of fun, and along with 1080 Avalanche for slightly more realistic boarding, everything seemed covered.

If there was anything that matched either of those games now, I'd snap it up!

Damo, grab a copy of Pure or I can loan you mine, its just what you are looking for I think.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Cool Boarders on PS1.

Wow, I haven't thought about that game in a long time. I got that with the original Tomb Raider back in 1997.

On the 360 snowboarding side, I've only played Amped 3. It's quite mad, but good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I just play 1080 on an N64 emulator, using a 360 controller, by the sounds of things there's no major alternative Im missin out on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DeVore wrote: »
    Damo, grab a copy of Pure or I can loan you mine, its just what you are looking for I think.

DeV.

Seconded. It may not have snowboards in it, but the stunt system will feel instantly familiar to fans of snowboarding games... Well worth checking out!

Advertisement