Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series 5, Episode 5 - "Flesh and Stone"

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is he 'avin a laff? Are you 'avin a Laff?
    He told Amy that he never gets involved, he just observes. Then he went straight outside and got involved. It was a form of sarcasm I suppose. We all know he gets involved everywhere he goes.

Yeah that was my take on it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Master wrote: »
    Still hate this forum..

But I must say although the time cracks story/arc seems to resolving itself this episode revealed a huge clue to the series finale

LOL. Looks like the Master likes amy's crack
    Stark wrote: »
    Yeah that was my take on it.

Me too, I actually laughed when I watched it, it was like a good non telegraphed funny moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Still hate this forum..

Im sorry. I'm so so sorry.

It's ok, I forgive you.

Ect.
    I like your crack

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im sorry. I'm so so sorry.

It's ok, I forgive you.

Ect.
    I like your crack

I know.

He could be so beautiful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

something that always bothers me about post 2005 who is how people in the far future are wearing clothes that are modern - like the combat fatigues the priests were wearing.

this also presents a problem to me in Utopia. Ok, RTD did magic away the fact that humans in the year umpteen billion have not evolved one bit (by saying how we had but just decided to go back to the form we were in these days) - but how they were all using twentieth century lorries was not accounted for.

now i am not calling for the silly outfits of yesteryear, but a little imagination.... they could have worn anything but what they did wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

Still hate this forum..

But I must say although the time cracks story/arc seems to resolving itself this episode revealed a huge clue to the series finale
    The last episode of the series is also due to air on the 26/06/2010 the date of the big explosion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Before this episode thread disappears can anyone answer me this....

Why Were the Angels collecting bodies? The Doctor wondered why the Angels were killing people and not displacing them in time. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

GSPfan wrote: »
    Before this episode thread disappears can anyone answer me this....

Why Were the Angels collecting bodies? The Doctor wondered why the Angels were killing people and not displacing them in time. :confused:

I presumed they snapped the necks of the three priests to simply gain voices to, first, lure off the other two priests and then after that to communicate with the Doctor. I'm just guessing though. It wasn't very clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yeah I'm not sure what was goin on with that. Thought I had missed something. Maybe it was just to get their voices so they could lure them all to their death. It adds a good aspect to them when they return in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I think that it was demonstrating their cruel nature, they didn't need to kill for the time energy, but they were doing it anyway, "for fun"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 death the kidd

it's just a theory of mine but I think in the episode 'Blink' it said that the angels are assassins but in this case they weren't on a mission but trying to remove the threat of the Doctor and the others so they allowed themselves to have a bit of cruel fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Gah, because I didn't realise I wasn't going to be back in Ireland until Sunday (I was in flippin' Bermuda!), I now have two episodes to catch up on - very exciting all the same. I have avoided reading any of this thread or the other one, so just going to plonk in front of a sofa this evening / tomorrow afternoon (yay, extra day off) and veg :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

heehee, reasons why I love Moffat & Matt Smith so far?
    "I made him say 'comfy chairs'"
    "Get a life Bob ... oops. Sorry again"
    :D

It's a shame that the budget has dipped so much: the death of Octavian was somewhat lessened by the fact the Doctor escaped through a washing machine door

I thought the conclusion was pretty strong & didn't let up the pace of the first part, and it certainly threw out a few new morsels to consider. Unless it's the old bait-and-switch, I presume that the Doctor is who River's meant to kill? I'm also guessing that it was the Doctor that was involved in the explosion that's causing the crack, though I'm still not exactly sure where Amy fits into this

Advertisement