Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immature Sister Threatens Me.

Options
  • 01-05-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

This might not be the right place to post this, but recently my sister who is almost 19 threw a major wobbly, and in not getting what she wanted from it she threatened to call Social Services on me. I am living in my own house, subsidised with rent allowance with my 2 year old daughter. The father plays no part in her life and I do not share the house with anyone else.

I am not concerned about a social worker turning up on my doorstep as I have nothing to hide (considering I already had a recent visit to check the condition of my accomodation). I am curious, however, to know if there are any penalties to her for alerting them to me falsely. She has done this before, but it backfired on her as the social later visited her and found her living with her boyfriend while claiming Single Parent Benefit and rent allowance for herself and her son.

Basically I am wondering is there any repercussions for her for, yet again, wasting a social worker's time.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Don't waste your energy. legal steps of slander and such would just drain your energy and take up time. My advice is to keep your distance from your sister and look after your child as best you can. Let the social workers deal with it.

Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do is not to react at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭carrot_flowers

axel rose wrote: »
    Don't waste your energy. legal steps of slander and such would just drain your energy and take up time. My advice is to keep your distance from your sister and look after your child as best you can. Let the social workers deal with it.

Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do is not to react at all.

Amen to that, I completely agree. It will probably hurt her more if she doesn't get the angry, upset response that she wants in doing these things to hurt you deliberately, and hopefully she will get the message that she can't bother you.

Advertisement