Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL equipment

Options
  • 01-05-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

I moved house in October of last year. I was a customer of NTL but as they did not supply the area of my new house I cancelled my contract. I paid up as required so I have not been a customer since the beginning of December. The problem is that noone has come to collect the equipment. Instead, they keep sending me bills for €200 for not returning the equipment. As well as letters threatening to hand a debt over to a debt collector. I have phoned them at least 4 times and given them my new address and made arrangements to have the equipment picked up but they have not kept the appointments. How long am I expected to keep this box of equipment? Is there anything I can do to stop them sending letters and texts. I have asked them to stop but they told me that as long as I have the equipment they will keep doing it. After 4 months it's getting very annoying.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Contact a solicitor and get him (or her) to send a letter to them threatening to take them to court for harassment.

I think you'll find that will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Send them an email or letter stating that if they have not collected the equipment within 7 days you are disposing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

k_mac wrote: »
    I moved house in October of last year. I was a customer of NTL but as they did not supply the area of my new house I cancelled my contract. I paid up as required so I have not been a customer since the beginning of December. The problem is that noone has come to collect the equipment. Instead, they keep sending me bills for €200 for not returning the equipment. As well as letters threatening to hand a debt over to a debt collector. I have phoned them at least 4 times and given them my new address and made arrangements to have the equipment picked up but they have not kept the appointments. How long am I expected to keep this box of equipment? Is there anything I can do to stop them sending letters and texts. I have asked them to stop but they told me that as long as I have the equipment they will keep doing it. After 4 months it's getting very annoying.

I had the same problem last year, sent them an email (cc'ed to every single address I could find of the UPC site).

In email I informed them "... a storage charge of €15 per unit per day, payable upon collection. I will also change €5 per minute for any phone calls or emails i have to make to resolved this issue."

I also added "Any further threats in relation to this fradulent change will result in legal action against you."

They called out the next day to collect the equipment.

I had also detailed all my phone calls in re relation to this matter...

Advertisement