Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riis losing battle with time to find new sponsors

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/holczer-says-time-running-out-for-riis-sponsor-search

I'd like to see Riis out of the sport given his tarnished racing career due to performance enhancing drugs

Mr 60% and a bank sponsoring his team :rolleyes:

Seems somewhat appropriate.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Is the financial crisis influencing Saxo's decision to pull out of the sport?

The good publicity from the wins at Paris-Roubaix alone are worth their weight in gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

If that was applied across the board, who'd be left in cycling?

At least he admitted it? I have a certain amount of respect as well for Frei with the BMC team who diddn't come out with some bull when he failed last week.
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

So you think someone who admitted winning the TDF on dope, and now manages some of the world's top riders is a good thing for the sport?? Eh - I don't.

I could ramble on about others but this thread is about Riis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

I have more time for people like Riis, who have come out as said they doped to win, like Zabel sprint coach to Cavendish or rolf Aldag , than people like pharmstrong who insist there is no drug problem in cycling.
    Riis is the only one who has been stricken from the record books.

But cycling would benefit from more people being honest like him.

What Ex racing manager do you think didn't dope? Vaughters??? seems like he did, but he's good for cycling
    Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

BryanL wrote: »
    I have more time for people like Riis, who have come out as said they doped to win, like Zabel sprint coach to Cavendish or rolf Aldag , than people like pharmstrong who insist there is no drug problem in cycling.
    Riis is the only one who has been stricken from the record books.

But cycling would benefit from more people being honest like him.

What Ex racing manager do you think didn't dope? Vaughters??? seems like he did, but he's good for cycling
    Bryan

Cycling would indeed benefit from more people being honest like him - but pursuits of such admissions are difficult and up heave history. Sure for all you know - ex-dopers who now procrastinate may still be bold boys. Id they cheater once ....

Anyway, why would cycling benefit by such exposures and what exactly would it achieve for today's and future riders?

Surely it would be more beneficial and I would rather see collective energy concentrated on the sports current problems.

Regarding ex managers that didn’t dope, I aint here to answer pop quizzes, I merely expressed an opinion on Riis, if you into such trivialities maybe become a anti-doping crusading journalist or something.

Advertisement