Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colouring Pencils for DCG

Options
  • 01-05-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Can you use colouring pencils in the DCG exam? I think it would be alot handier and easier to see/differentiate between different things. Is there a specific kind of colouring pencils you should get? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Not sure if you can or not, i've never heard of anyone doing it but I can see where it would be handy, especially in interpenetration:mad:, just have to label things perfectly i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

You can. You can also use pens of different colour etc. Handy for the dihedral angle questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

You can ya aslong as you don't colour in very heavily so you can't make out all the hidden detail.Just bring 2-3 different colours and shade lightly and this should make your work much more appealing which might net you a few marks that would've on the other hand be lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Do none of ye use fineliners? Nearly everyone in my class uses them, perfect for planes/interpenetrations questions. There a type of fine pointed inked pens, and most of the colours are pretty bright. You can buy a pack of them for around €10 I think. They're deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Reillyman wrote: »
    Do none of ye use fineliners? Nearly everyone in my class uses them, perfect for planes/interpenetrations questions. There a type of fine pointed inked pens, and most of the colours are pretty bright. You can buy a pack of them for around €10 I think. They're deadly.

Nobody in my class uses fineliners but I can see where they would come in handy, but what if you needed to change a line or rub out part of a line for something like interpenetration?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Yeah, fine liners are what I meant by pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks guys, I'll try and pick up a pack this week:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Rich1691 wrote: »
    what if you needed to change a line or rub out part of a line for something like interpenetration?

Just be 100% that it's right before ya use them! If you made a mistake im sure the corrector will understand though, I doubt you'd lose much marks, if any.

Advertisement