Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babes In Arms - Lighthouse Cinema

Options
  • 01-05-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

The Lighthouse Cinema has a fortnightly baby-friendly screenings of classic movies.

The events are called Babes In Arms.

Next Wednesday, May 5 it continues with a screening of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at 11.00am.

gentsb53.gif

Baby-friendly means that lights will be a little higher and sound a little lower than usual, and you'll be able to watch a film in peace, knowing that if your little ones cry, well no one will mind!

Now, I have always wanted to see this movie on the big screen but unfortunately I don't have a baby.

What I was hoping for is that someone would lend me theirs for Wednesday morning?

I can pick it up at say 10am and should have it back for 1ish, all going well.

I am not great with kids now but, I'm sure if you warm up a bottle or something, I should be grand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Cool idea. Timing's not great for me but it seems like a good idea none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Dundrum cinema do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The Lighthouse Cinema has a fortnightly baby-friendly screenings of classic movies.

The events are called Babes In Arms.

Next Wednesday, May 5 it continues with a screening of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at 11.00am.

gentsb53.gif

Baby-friendly means that lights will be a little higher and sound a little lower than usual, and you'll be able to watch a film in peace, knowing that if your little ones cry, well no one will mind!

Now, I have always wanted to see this movie on the big screen but unfortunately I don't have a baby.

What I was hoping for is that someone would lend me theirs for the morning?

I can pick it up at say 10am and should have it back for 1ish, all going well.

I am not great with kids now but, I'm sure if you warm up a bottle or something, I should be grand.

Also, I don't have a baby car seat, would a back pack do?

Thanks in advance.

Pete ;)

Haha brilliant, rent a baby. If I had one to lend you I probably would. Are they showing 'The hand that rocks the cradle' anytime soon;).

Ps beside the jokiness. That is the kind of thinking outside the box stuff that this country needs. What a great idea for parents in this respect. I have seen a few independant cinemas opening up recently as well, it is all good. That Celtic tiger ****e is behind us now hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ps beside the jokiness. That is the kind of thinking outside the box stuff that this country needs. What a great idea for parents in this respect. I have seen a few independant cinemas opening up recently as well, it is all good. That Celtic tiger ****e is behind us now hopefully.

Movies@Swords have done them also.

I know cause I accidentally went to one once :p

There were only three women with babies and they slept throughout so it was grand.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Movies@Swords have done them also.

I know cause I accidentally went to one once :p

There were only three women with babies and they slept throughout so it was grand.

The mothers or the babies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

when i read this my first thought was "but sure the babies wouldnt be able to follow the film"

jaysus

i can be a bit slow sometimes!

haha, that was my same reaction as well. But it dawned on me slowly as well.

Cinema seems to be opening up a bit more since the economy went down. People seem to appreciate it a bit more. In cork a couple of independant places have opened up and they look interesting.

I have been saying to freinds for ages that there is a market for older movies and independant cinemas. The idea of having one that actually caters for parents with small kids is innovative. I hope this idea grows, it is very interesting. Plus it could lead to more ventures that combine parents and children of a very young age to be able to just get out and do stuff that they wouldn't normally be able to do.

Advertisement