Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Androgyny Advice

Options
  • 01-05-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Basically, I'm a bio male who wants to look more androgynous then I currently do, which is not very. A lot of places on the internet offer tips like using make up and buying more gender neutral clothing, but they rarely go into any detail like how to actually apply make up or what constitutes gender neutral.

Any tips, advice comments, anything you guys can pass on would be much a appricated.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Make sure your eyebrows arent too bushy or anything. Trim and pluck them to a line like this

04-07-androgyny.JPG

Make up tutorials on youtube can show you how to put on make up. I would start with a liquid foundation and a sponge (can buy the sponges in boots or penneys) that way it wont clump or smear

Gender neutral is usually a nude colour of makeup that just covers blemishes and generally smoothes out features, then a small amount of light mascara.

Eyeliner is used too sometimes...but then youre really just getting into the emo scene.

Try get a midlength hairstyle so you can experiment with it

4410-Art-of-Hair.jpg

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Pandoras Twist, you might want to check your post again..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pandoras Twist, I'm not sure if that was an accidental photo post or on purpose, but F&A is no place for those kind of images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Eyebrows and hair are a good place to start. If you can get your eyebrows waxed the first time, that would really help. Eyebrows are a total give away.
    Hair that isn't too long is good. Layers look nice and can be really flattering to your face. They can make your face look softer and more feminine. I think this is a good style
    2007-men-brunette.jpg

I think layering works really well with tops. I'm trying to find a nice example. I think a lot of American Apparel stuff is gender neutral.
    Scarves are also your friend for hiding your adams apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

What did I post?

The photos I linked are the ones showing up now of 2 guys.

*sorry for whatever it was*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I forgot to say this in my previous post, but I forgot. Don't wear skinny jeans!! They're very feminine but only a a woman. Bio guys don't have the hips/ass to pull them off. Like if you were looking at someone wearing skinny jeans from behind, you'd never be confused about gender as guys and girls fill them out so differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just have to say that this all depends on your build.

Imo androgyny is nearly impossible if you have broad shoulders / a square or chiselled jaw.

If you have the build, eyebrows are the first port of call. I think eyes contain a lot of someone's gender, so look into shadows and mascara.

Keep make up very neutral, and I think a messy chin length hairstyle is the perfect mid point.

Advertisement