Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Battery Replacement

• 01-05-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

The Mrs brought her Guess watch to a shop in the Ardkeen Stores Complex, bit of a nic nac shop near the clothes cleaners, to have the battery replaced, it looks like they opened it with a hammer and chisel. The back is scratched and there was a very rough edge around the cover where it was opened. I took it back today and he is sending it away to have it polished. Apparently he changes about 5000 batteries a year but this was "THE MOST DIFFICULT" he has ever had to deal with. He is now getting the back polished to see if the repair is satisfactory. One of the annoying things is that there was no mention of the damage or the problem when the watch was collected. I suppose one should go to a jewellers to have jobs like this done at least they might know what they are doing.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Without sending rude, and forgive me because it does come across like this but I cant think of any other way of phrasing it, but whats the point of your topic?! Are you looking for advise or just telling a story? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

flan59 wrote: »
    The Mrs brought her Guess watch to a shop in the Ardkeen Stores Complex, bit of a nic nac shop near the clothes cleaners, to have the battery replaced, it looks like they opened it with a hammer and chisel. The back is scratched and there was a very rough edge around the cover where it was opened. I took it back today and he is sending it away to have it polished. Apparently he changes about 5000 batteries a year but this was "THE MOST DIFFICULT" he has ever had to deal with. He is now getting the back polished to see if the repair is satisfactory. One of the annoying things is that there was no mention of the damage or the problem when the watch was collected. I suppose one should go to a jewellers to have jobs like this done at least they might know what they are doing.
    A lot of these designer watch brands are notorious difficult to get the backs off as compared to your mainstream brands like seiko,citizen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big J

I had the batteries changed in two fob watches in that shop last year. The guy was a bit uncertain about one of them and warned it might get damaged but he did a perfectly OK job on both in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Watch Repair city sq,excellent service over many years,on the spot battery replacement reasonable rate's.
    Lynchwood

Advertisement