Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting a Sony Ericsson C902 or C510! Any help?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 8:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

What features are important to you in a phone?
    I text alot, and would like a decent camera, at least 3mps, with good video also, as I like to take pictures and videos often. Also a decent internal memory is helpful. Another is a good battery. I have a LG viewty now, and have to charge it every other day and its pretty annoying, also the battery drains super quick when videoing. Would like it to have maybe if it can be got for free, a msn/facebook type of integration, but its not neccessary.
    Has to have bluetooth and be able to use a memory card. Would like it to have egde or 3G.

Form factor
    Dont like flip phones or sliders, but if the slider phone is good ill consider. Trying to get away from touch screens as I have a iTouch, and that has a good touch screen, and every phone I use seems to have a poor touch screen in comparison. So a standard type phone is what im after.

Internet
    Not particularly important as i have my laptop and itouch so don't need my phone's internet that much, but as said, a type of msn/instant messaging/facebook/twitter integration would be helpful, if it can be used for free, the better.

Operator - Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free
    Currently on Meteor PAYG but have no problem switching networks. Considering moving back to o2 anyways. Unlocked would be helpful though.

Price range
    €100 is about the top I can go. Dont care for it being new, as long as it works perfectly and is in good condition, I dont mind. Would prefer it to have the box and accessories though.

Thoughts or recommendations? Would like to go back to a sony erriccson phone. But dont mind other brands such as nokia and samsung.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would you stretch for €169 for the E63?

E63

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Nah man, its too much, plus I dont think id like a qwerty keyboard phone like that, maybe a slide out one would be different though. But its got a poor camera for what im after also. Thanks anyway. Any other ideas? Even just the name of the phone is helpful, as I can search ebay/adverts for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well I had the C902 and it has a great camera and battery life but for internet/facebook/im it's totally useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

I have the C902 now, its a good phone with the camera and basic use but after a while it just slows down and freezes sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 obscurething

I have had a c902 for the last year - really like this phone. The camera is excellent with 5mp and takes really clear good quality photos - as good as my sonycyber shot camera (which is a few year old now) and short videos. It has several different modes and flash.

It is fairly robust and has a nice big screen which is good for the Internet (facebook, twitter, email, boards, news headlines etc.). I like the menu layouts, bookmarks and the radio (headphone or on speaker). And it is not too big.

In saying all that after a year or so of faily heavy use, it does as mentioned already freeze the odd time and turn itself off and also the top buttons are getting a little loose - so would be a bit wary of buying a pre-used one. Battery life is good but not great.

Was due an upgrage and was looking for a newer model of this but nothing from SE with as good a camera and VF said nothing coming up - so ended up going for an iphone (free on upgrade) - just arrived, haven't taken out of box yet - will miss my c902...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

had a c902 for a year up until recently when it fell into a puddle, miss the phone so much, brilliant phone, the camera is better than my w995 now (w995 has 8.1 MP)
    i'm looking into getting my c902 fixed as i miss it quite a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I didn't like the buttons on the C510 or the C902. Theres a new one called the SE Elm which looks like it has better buttons and better spec. Check that out on the web. I've seen it in the O2 shops but dunno the price. Just over the 100 I think.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_elm-review-466.php

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

I had a C902 before. I loved it. quite robust too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

BostonB wrote: »
    I didn't like the buttons on the C510 or the C902. Theres a new one called the SE Elm which looks like it has better buttons and better spec. Check that out on the web. I've seen it in the O2 shops but dunno the price. Just over the 100 I think.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_elm-review-466.php
    Really?? Can anyone confirm this? Ive been having a look around online and have come across the Nokia n95 and LG Secret which look good for me. BUt id be interested in the Elm if its just over 100.

Anyone used/have the N95 or Secret? Thoughts on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LockeTribal

Just to let you know, I've seen the Sony Ericsson Elm in an O2 store for €169, so quite a bit over €100. In saying that it's not shown up on the online store yet so it might be a bit less if you wait til June.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Digitalism wrote: »
    Really?? Can anyone confirm this? Ive been having a look around online and have come across the Nokia n95 and LG Secret which look good for me. BUt id be interested in the Elm if its just over 100.

Anyone used/have the N95 or Secret? Thoughts on them?

N95 is a great phone but a little bulky for my liking. You could get it second hand quite cheaply now I imagine.

Advertisement