Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May Meetup Mayhem!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

They have Tiger on tap so they will always get a +1 from me :D

absolutely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Drank lots Tiger in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Drank lots Tiger in Thailand.

Its savage stuff. Kind of expensive here but its worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Its savage stuff. Kind of expensive here but its worth the money.
    Was about 50 cent over there ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Was about 50 cent over there ha

no fare :mad:

I'm liking the new Koppenburg 'strawberry and a hint of lime' at the mo, really tasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭DWood

Can't be arsed looking thru the old posts ....

Any gatherings planned this weekend guys?!

Actually, a friend & I are thinking of seeing Kick Ass this weekend at Mahon point (now that the screenings will be emptier), anyone wanna join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

DWood wrote: »
    Can't be arsed looking thru the old posts ....

Any gatherings planned this weekend guys?!

Actually, a friend & I are thinking of seeing Kick Ass this weekend at Mahon point (now that the screenings will be emptier), anyone wanna join?

A few of us are meeting for dinner tomorrow night & I'd say we'll be having drinks afterwards.

Corkcomp suggested drinks or a movie tonight but noone really really responded to that. I wouldnt mind going to a movie tonight if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ainu

mudokon wrote: »
    A few of us are meeting for dinner tomorrow night & I'd say we'll be having drinks afterwards.

Corkcomp suggested drinks or a movie tonight but noone really really responded to that. I wouldnt mind going to a movie tonight if anyone is interested.

im in for tonight.. drinks or cinema:)

I wasn't gonna be here this weekend, but plans have changed!
    Where's the meal?
    Ainu wrote: »

Iron Man 2 tonight anyone?!

Ainu wrote: »

I wouldnt mind seeing Nightmare on Elm Street or Hot Tub Time Machine. See link below for what is on at The Gate.

film times at the Gate
    I wasn't gonna be here this weekend, but plans have changed!
    Where's the meal?

Jacobs on the Mall, the table has been booked already, not sure if it can be amended now. If so Imageworks should be given first refusal as she expressed interest first. Miss Shadow booked it.
    Iron Man 2 tonight anyone?!
    I've seen that already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MonikaLisa

Hi Guys,

I have read many posts about the meetings or going to the cinema together.
    Can anyone join:confused:

Monika

I'll go tonight too :):)

As for the table in Jacobs, I know a few more people are interested in going and i'm quite sorry that a few missed out but I thought I would have to act fast in booking it or else it may be booked out. :o

I've already had a small bit of hassle with someone calling the place and trying to cancel it so maybe another suggestion could be for whoever else wants to go can book a table there also and we can split up...

I wouldnt mind seeing Nightmare on Elm Street or Hot Tub Time Machine. See link below for what is on at The Gate.

Why remake a classic?!?! NoEL is bound to be crap. Hot tub sounds good, but I don't normally watch comedy in the cinema, usually just films with spectacle, didn't watch The Hangover in the cinema. Oh well, not to be this time.
    Jacobs on the Mall, the table has been booked already, not sure if it can be amended now. If so Imageworks should be given first refusal as she expressed interest first. Miss Shadow booked it.

Ooh, Jacob's is that posh one isn't it?! Supposed to be really nice, I'm jealous.

MonikaLisa wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have read many posts about the meetings or going to the cinema together.
    Can anyone join:confused:

Monika

Sure thing, that's the whole point of the meetups, the more the merrier, new faces always welcome ... you're not an axe murderer r ya?! :eek:
    I'll go tonight too :):)

As for the table in Jacobs, I know a few more people are interested in going and i'm quite sorry that a few missed out but I thought I would have to act fast in booking it or else it may be booked out. :o

I've already had a small bit of hassle with someone calling the place and trying to cancel it so maybe another suggestion could be for whoever else wants to go can book a table there also and we can split up...

What time's the booking?

Why remake a classic?!?! NoEL is bound to be crap. Hot tub sounds good, but I don't normally watch comedy in the cinema, usually just films with spectacle, didn't watch The Hangover in the cinema. Oh well, not to be this time.

Yeah it probably will be seeing as Michael Bay is involved but I always end up watching these remakes anyway. :rolleyes: I can always watch the original afterwards to purge it from my memory if it is that bad. :cool:

If there is anything else that people want to see then make a suggestion.

Sure thing, that's the whole point of the meetups, the more the merrier, new faces always welcome ... as long as you're an axe murderer?! ;)

What time's the booking?

9pm

Sure thing, that's the whole point of the meetups, the more the merrier, new faces always welcome ... you're not an axe murderer r ya?! :eek:

:D No, I am not.
    I just sometimes want to go to the cinema and it is more fun doing it with other people!
    I definitely will join you then!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ok im on for cinema later too and some pre / post drinkies .. what time is the movie? I will watch anything except kick ass, ive seen that two weeks ago ..

corkcomp wrote: »
    ok im on for cinema later too and some pre / post drinkies .. what time is the movie? I will watch anything except kick ass, ive seen that two weeks ago ..

What would people prefer to see?

Nightmare on Elm Street 6:45 or 9:15pm
    Hot Tub Time Machine 6:45 9:30 pm

.. or

Iron Man 2 @ 8:45pm (time enough for pre & post drinkies then :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement

Either will do fine, havn't seen yet. But prefer later show.

What other ppl think?

.. or

Iron Man 2 @ 8:45pm (time enough for pre & post drinkies then :rolleyes: )

My bad :o If I hadnt seen it already I would go for this, it's good but not worth seeing it in the cinema twice.
    Either will do fine, havn't seen yet. But prefer later show.

What other ppl think?

I'm leaning more towards hot tub time machine as it's getting better reviews. The later showing would probably suit more people as well.

My bad :o If I hadnt seen it already I would go for this, it's good but not worth seeing it in the cinema twice.

I have seen it twice in the cinema. Was worth it. :D

Ah, a cinema-holic :pac:

For me to see something twice in the cinema the film would have to be really good.

Anway back to tonight, would you be coming for drinks before/after? If you want a contact number for tonight pm me.

Unless of course you want to wander round asking strangers if they are from the internet. :pac:

:D Yes, I am addicted to movies!

P.S. Anyone knows why my Quote button does not work:confused::(

:D Yes, I am addicted to movies!

P.S. Anyone knows why my Quote button does not work:confused::(

I just figured you were deleting the [/QUOTE] tag at the end of the quoted sentence.

For me to see something twice in the cinema the film would have to be really good.

Anway back to tonight, would you be coming for drinks before/after? If you want a contact number for tonight pm me.

Unless of course you want to wander round asking strangers if they are from the internet. :pac:

I want to go for drinks and maybe some dinner? :D
    I just figured you were deleting the
    tag at the end of the quoted sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

ok... so what are we going to see and what time? and what venue for pre cinema drinks>

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    ok... so what are we going to see and what time? and what venue for pre cinema drinks>

My vote is for Hot tub time machine @ 9:30. How about the classic for drinks before hand, meeting between 8 & half past.

Advertisement