Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new mobile contract free ps3

Options
  • 01-05-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

a couple of the guys i chat with on a forum have recently used dialaphone.co.uk when getting their new mobiles and they get a free gift,could be a laptop,ps3,wii,tv,anyone know of any irish sites similar to this that actually work?wouldnt mind a free gift the next time i upgrade,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

glic83 wrote: »
    a couple of the guys i chat with on a forum have recently used dialaphone.co.uk when getting their new mobiles and they get a free gift,could be a laptop,ps3,wii,tv,anyone know of any irish sites similar to this that actually work?wouldnt mind a free gift the next time i upgrade,

No chance of anything like that with an Irish Contract, seem to give them away a lot with UK contracts though, and they'll be 18month ones at that.

Carphone Warehouse did do something similar last year, if your took out/upgraded a meteor contract (min 50 a month) and bought a Nokia 6300 for 99euro then they were giving out a free xbox 360.

I upgraded with meteor in Jan 09 through a 3 store and i got an in car dvd player, but they've gone bust now, or stores closed down, i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

yeah they seem to have much better offers over in the uk,will be getting sweet f*ck all with my next upgrade id say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

glic83 wrote: »
    yeah they seem to have much better offers over in the uk,will be getting sweet f*ck all with my next upgrade id say lol

when i moved over here from Wales 4 years ago i went into the Vodafone store, i'd been a contract customer wit Voda for 5 years in UK, never a problem, but i couldn't transfer my contract over from UK to Ireland.

Now in the UK, you take out a contract, you get a free top of the range phone, i went into Voda here and asked what free phones i could have and tehy looked at me like i had 2 heads and 12 arses.

Before you get your new contract or upgrade, just check out Carphone Warehouse, may be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Over in the UK you can get free phones and free PS3s with any contract. The tariffs aren't that high either to boot.

The only problem is contracts over there are 24 Months with some even being 36 Months.

Being trapped in a contract with a phone for 3 years just so I can get a "free" PS3 isn't very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Over in the UK you can get free phones and free PS3s with any contract. The tariffs aren't that high either to boot.

The only problem is contracts over there are 24 Months with some even being 36 Months.

Being trapped in a contract with a phone for 3 years just so I can get a "free" PS3 isn't very appealing.

most of the 1's ive seen have been for 18 months which is ok,and the monthly charges seem decent also,suppose the better the free gift the longer the contract,either way they are offering an incentive its a pitty we dont get
    offers like that in Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement