Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imola '94 Senna and Ratzenberger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ye , time marches on, I put a vid up on Facebook, 16 years . . :(:(:(

But wasnt he just legendary . . . :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

May 1st again, time for some vids......

Nice job.

Has anyone been able to find some decent footage of Senna testing the Penske Indycar?

There only seems to be one video on youtube and its not very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Quick mention for Ratzenberger too, of course his was yesterday.

What a hideous weekend that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    +1 Lost two drivers and Rubens was lucky that weekend too.

Indeed, amazing he broke his nose and survived.
    God that was a terrible weekend, I didn't know about it at the time and only really started watching later that season, but all the clips are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    Indeed, amazing he broke his nose and survived.

And JJ Letho's crash at the start after he stalled and a Minardi (cant remember the driver) ran into the back of him and caused a wheel to enter the spectator area.

I don't think I've ever seen a weekend with so much tragedy and near misses in the 20 years I've followed motorsport, and I'm including TTs in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Superbus wrote: »
    Quick mention for Ratzenberger too, of course his was yesterday.

Proper order. I've often complained that people forget about about Roland, now I'm guilty myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Has anyone got the clip of senna racing a single seater around mondello in his early years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭BrianD3

frostie500 wrote: »
    And JJ Letho's crash at the start after he stalled and a Minardi (cant remember the driver) ran into the back of him and caused a wheel to enter the spectator area.
    Pedro Lamy in the Lotus and he was very lucky not to be seriously injured. Had he hit Lehto's car at a slightly different angle, it could have been a fatal crash similar to Ricardo Paletti's crash in 1982.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Come to think of it, there was probably more good luck than bad luck in 1994

-first race of the season, Jos Verstappen flies into the air and misses Martin Brundle's head by inches
    -Karl Wendlinger nearly dies at Monaco
    -Verstappen fire at Hockenheim
    -Pedr Lamy testing crash at Silverstone, breaks legs and neck
    -Jean Alesi and JJ Lehto break their necks in testing
    -Andrea Montermini head on into the wall at Barcelona, feet visible through front of car
    -Brundle close to going under a recovery truck at Suzuka, escapes decapitation for the 2nd time in a season.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Apparently he hated the track :)

It didnt stop him driving around the outside of a few of the locals though or so I heard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

just copied video off rpm in 1994 to dvd, he beat joey greenan in leinster trophy for dennis rushden racing at leinster trophy

Advertisement