Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sigma 10-20 any good ?

• 01-05-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

just wondering if any one here has one and what do you think of it im hoping to get one soon thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

sikahunter wrote: »
    just wondering if any one here has one and what do you think of it im hoping to get one soon thanks

Great lens at a good price..
    there was a thread a while back discussing it if I remember correctly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Great lens, as long as you know why you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Great landscape lens. Excellent quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I love mine (Pentax mount)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

a lot of people seem to love it id be getting it for landscapes mostly il keep an eye on adverts over the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

One of my favourites. Bear in mind that there are two different versions of this lens but both are good. The older one (4-5.6) has a much more attractive price if you don't require the 3.5 throughout the whole zoom range.

To clarify.. mine is the f4-f5.6 model.
    Heebie wrote: »
    I love mine (Pentax mount)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

yeah i have one and really like it.

used for landscape so its nearly always on a tripod and with an aperture of 29 or 32.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It's probably the lens I have on my camera the most. It seems to suit me for a lot of situations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's not very sharp wide open but it does't quite well.
    Great lens tho!

Generally you're not going to be doing landscapes wide-open... and nothing is very sharp wide open.. that's part of the point of shooting wide open. =D
    5uspect wrote: »
    It's not very sharp wide open but it does't quite well.
    Great lens tho!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Of course, but lots of people shoot at with f4-5.6 lenses wide open in Av mode without a tripod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

My experience (and that of many others) with Sigma is that there can be a big difference between individual lenses. Their quality control isn't great apparently. Pick a couple of identical Sigma lenses off the shelf and one might be sharper than the other. Not to mention front or rear focus issues. When they are good they are very good and great value but you can also get stung with a bad one.
    Buy locally so you can test and compare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

think il try to get one for a week to try i dont wanna be wasting money

Advertisement