Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help portfording my PS3 using Tomato firmware

• 01-05-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S, before I was getting NAT 3 and couldn't play certain games online (Uncharted 2) but most of my other games worked, I tried port forwarding it with the buffalo firmware but it done no good. I know how to port forward as Ive did it for bittorent on my PC and it worked perfectly, but not the PS3, I kept getting NAT3 in the network test.

I was told I should flash my router with the tomato firmware as its much better, I did, and now after some googling I'm actually WORSE then I was before. I tried doing the network test before touched any of the setting in the router and it detects the internet but I get nothing for NAT, I can however use the web browser and log into the PS_Store. Now ive tried port forwarding again but its made no difference, I can log into PSN and download stuff from the Store, I can sync my trophies but cant play Uncharted 2 and now Super Street Fighter 4 online (regular SF4 worked fine before I flashed but I traded it in so cant test it).

Can someone who knows how to use the Tomato firmware please help ? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Try a DMZ
    if you don't have that option just allow everything through in the firewall.

Set the ps3 up manually. Give a static ip, like 192.168.0.50
    Now go to your router, and use the same ip for dmz.
    This will give you open nat(and nat2). But keep the rest of your connections secure.

Also change your allocated ip address'

say from

to

That way nothing will use the DMZ but the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

how is the router connected to the internet eg is it going to an ADSL modem, or a cable modem? What's important is that the external public IP address is on the router itself...

once that is done, can you enable UPnP on tomato? That way, the PS3 will open the ports it needs automatically...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

It does have Upnp option under port forwarding, enabled by default.

Check in status tho and see if the router has a proper public IP.
    Whats the IP under WAN?
    Is it something like 192.168.x.x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

Needs to be in bridged mode too

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

Calebmcd wrote: »
    Try a DMZ
    if you don't have that option just allow everything through in the firewall.

Set the ps3 up manually. Give a static ip, like 192.168.0.50
    Now go to your router, and use the same ip for dmz.
    This will give you open nat(and nat2). But keep the rest of your connections secure.

Done that, set the IP address of the PS3 to 192.168.1.50 and entered that into the DMZ on the router. Works perfectly, but only if I set my PS3 to auto sign in ??? :confused:

Also, still cant get any games going on my European account, but my USA and Japanese account work perfectly ??? :confused:

• Advertisement

what;s your internet connection? adsl or cable?

Dardania wrote: »
    what;s your internet connection? adsl or cable?

Cable, UPC 15mb

seeing as it's cable, it shoud just be a matter of you enabling UPnP on the router, and away you go...Let us know how you get on...

UPnP is enabled by default with Tomato.

TBH, I've only ever used dd-wrt, and I can say it works perfectly with a PS3...

You're best bet woiuld be to do nothing exotic on the router - no DMZs, manual port forwards etc. - it should just work. I'd reset to be on the safe side. Are you plugging the ps3 directly to the router, or is it going through wifi, which may be creating a VLAN between the devices?

Also, how is the wan element of tomato configured - iit's getting a public IP by DHCP from the UPC modem?

Just to check - it's the UPC scientific atlanta modem, or the newer UPC cisco modem/router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

Try doing a NVRAM wipe of the router and re-enter your settings manually after that. Each time you upgrade the firmware on your router, you should do this to remove any residual traces of the former.

I run a modded version of Tomato known as Tomato RAF with no problems.

Dardania wrote: »
    TAre you plugging the ps3 directly to the router, or is it going through wifi, which may be creating a VLAN between the devices?

Just to check - it's the UPC scientific atlanta modem, or the newer UPC cisco modem/router?

Ethernet, and its not the Cisco

Anyone ?

Advertisement