Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica gig odyssey- cheap hostel? transport?

Options
  • 01-05-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I'm heading to the metallica gig on the 12th, never been to the Odyssey before, let alone Belfast, besides driving through it. Will probably be getting a bus eireann bus up and hope to stay somewhere cheap for 2 people.

Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel/hostel near enough to the odyssey? I can't believe how near the gig is and I haven't organised anything.

Also is the main bus station far from the arena/will I be able to find my way ok? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Without wanting to appear unhelpful, (it feels like) every other thread on the Belfast forum is related to Odyssey gigs - where to stay, how to get there etc etc. Do a quick browse back and there's a plethora of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Without wanting to appear unhelpful, (it feels like) every other thread on the Belfast forum is related to Odyssey gigs - where to stay, how to get there etc etc. Do a quick browse back and there's a plethora of info.

I disagree, I did a search around before I posted the thread, there's about 2 threads in recent times about somewhere to stay, I specifically want somewhere cheap, I haven't seen any good recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The Linen House Hostel is probably the closest one to the Odyssey, never stayed there but used to work behind it....it's a stonesthrow from Royal Avenue and you can walk to the bus station in about 20 mins. It is on a mildly dodgy looking side street but if you're here for a concert you might not be too bothered about the view...

What's your budget for the two of you?

The buses come into the Europa which is just a street or two over from the main thoroughfare in town, which you'll be able to find pretty much once you step out front of the station anyway. Finding your way around is easy, the city centre (as in most parts a short visit would entail) is pretty compact.

Advertisement