Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who did River Kill?

• 01-05-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Any one else thinking the person River "killed" was the doctor who then regenerated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's the first thing I thought when he said it alright

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Yep, I'm assuming the Doctor too as she said she killed a great man. Or is it too obvious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she said 'the best man i've ever known' and 'can't be told, has to be lived'

pretty sure it's him

surely if the doctor had died though, people would have seen him regenerate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm guessing if she killed the Doctor then it was some part of a plan and she had to go to jail for the plan to succeed? Or it went wrong and she wasn't meant to? I dunno, the hints were very obvious but I get the feeling they were meant to be. They want something to keep fans hooked and River killing some guy who was good is only going to peak curiosity for so long whereas trying to figure out why River killed the Doctor....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Initially when the term "Great man" was mentioned, I thought it had to be Chuck Norris. Then I remembered he is indestructable, so it must be the Doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

I was thinking that she does kill the doctor
    Maybe this happens at the pandoracal opening as River says she remembers it well but with the Doctor saying Time Can Be Rewritten a few times he will probably change this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I too am thinking it was the Doctor, but
    I'm wondering if it was the Doctor's final regeneration since she told him in the previous episode that she has pictures of all his faces. Perhaps they keep meeting backwards? He watches her die in his first meeting with her, and she kills him die in hers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I too thought it was The Doctor untill
    Stephen Moffatt started sneering at me in Confidential for thinking she was going to be his future wife. So he will be sneering at us in a future confidential for thinking this too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

To be honest i think she did kill the doctor but because he had to die or something along those lines. And that he passed all of his information on to her and she has it all wrote down in her little book. Im guessing though because history can be rewritten now this will not happen.

Also because they keep meeting backwards or at least out of sequence could it be that each of his regenerations he has to look younger?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VicNoir

Raedwald wrote: »
    Also because they keep meeting backwards or at least out of sequence could it be that each of his regenerations he has to look younger?.

Actually, in The Time of Angels when he's looking through the 'definite work on the Angels', she says "It's so weird when you go all baby face", which seems to imply she has already met his later incarnations and that they will look older than he does now.

Or, alternatively, that the Crack has so mucked up history that, in addition to no-one remembering the CyberKing in The Next Doctor, River has met several of his earlier incarnations and the Doctor doesn't remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

OOOOO you guys have just given me a thought. If she does infact kill the doctor I think its safe to say it will be for a good cause. So maybe the Diary/Journal is important. Maybe this will be used to re-write time in some way as to bring the Doctor back. This could be the start of the story-line that see's The Doctors regenerations reset so that they don't have to worry about it when we get to the magic number 13 Doctor.

GSPfan wrote: »
    OOOOO you guys have just given me a thought. If she does infact kill the doctor I think its safe to say it will be for a good cause. So maybe the Diary/Journal is important. Maybe this will be used to re-write time in some way as to bring the Doctor back. This could be the start of the story-line that see's The Doctors regenerations reset so that they don't have to worry about it when we get to the magic number 13 Doctor.

oh theres an entire whoniverse on the 13 regenerations being broken. my favourite is that this is doctor 2.0 on his 11th regeneration :cool:.

anyway, she keeps banging on about how old he used to look - maybe she was hanging around the 1st doctor. Would explain a lot.

I'm sure the at next spin off series (The Young Doctor Who Chronicles) will explain all.
    I made that last bit up - relax
    But actually its not a bad idea, and RTD is at a loose end
    Actually, it is a bad idea. Im sorry. I'm so so so sorry - ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I doubt it is the doctor mainly as
    Octavian does not react to the name "The Doctor", which should have been pretty well known if he had been the great man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I can't see her meeting his previous regenerations as 10's meeting with River was the first time the Doctor met her. If she'd met his previous regenerations, then he would have remembered her. Having pictures of his previous faces could tie into the diary that Mr. Smith had in "Human Nature".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I reckon she killed the Doctor, in a future regeneration, but I think the writers would be unwise to let this nugget go for a while and will play it as much as they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Does anyone else think the whole River/Dr relationship seems an awful lot like that of
    Moneta and Kassad from Dan Simmons' Hyperion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the whole River/Dr relationship seems an awful lot like that of
    Moneta and Kassad from Dan Simmons' Hyperion?

Very much so, now that you mention it!

River Song is obviously The Rani

or The Valeyard

Advertisement