Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sergio Busquets

• 01-05-2010 11:18pm

Disregard his recent antics, but what do people really think of him as a footballer? Personally I think he's quite a decent footballer who's not good enough to play as a combative defensive midfielder, he lacks the guile, tenacity or even the strength to fit the mold of one. But thats just my opinion, whats yours of the man who still plays Peekaboo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good, but not good enough to play for a team like Barca as often as he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Toure is arguably worse than Biscuits technically and his passing is considerably worse too, in my opinion. There's also the idea that he's pep's pet and theres also the possibility of nepotism due to his father Carles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

I know the OP said we should disregard his recent antics but to me any time I've seen him play his antics have always outshone any sort of footballing talent he may have.

If you sneezed on him he'd be down on the ground down rolling around like he'd been poleaxed between the two eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

A poor man's Michael Carrick tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ian_K wrote: »
    A poor man's Michael Carrick tbh

...and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

His playacting and antics on the field can be irritating. Not to mention that he is nowhere near good enough to keep Yaya out of the team. But the lad has got talent. Not too long ago Fletcher was criticized as being too weak. He didn't turn out too bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Busquets is a little b1tch. Cannot stand the way he carries on. He lacks the skill required to play for Barcelona, or even for the likes of Atletico Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

He's one of those players who manages to make a career out of fouling. He's a cheat tbh, can't stand him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The lad is only 21 years old, he is improving all the time. I like him, he leaves everything on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Can't stand the lad. He's quickly becoming the most hated player in football and he deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Can't stand him. Despicable antics.

But he's a good player, more tactically disciplined than Yaya even though he doesn't have Yaya's physical abilities.

A good fit in Barca's system, serves as a reference point in the team.

Players like Busquets are needed in every team, criticising his ability to play as a defensive midfielder is not really relevant because he's not a straight-up defensive midfielder. Comaprisons with Carrick miss the point too, his profile is nothing like Carrick.

Well worth his place in the Barca team IMO, although a coaching or system change could see him rendered more disposable.

Advertisement