Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up the Aras

Options
  • 01-05-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I was passing through Phoenix Park last week and dropped into the visitor centre at the site of the old Vatican Ambassador's residence.

I got chatting to one of the guys from the OPW and jokingly asked him could I sneak into Áras an Uachtaráin for a peek.

He said that during the summer months there are free hourly guided trips around the Aras on Saturdays.

Myself and the missus went today and it's definitely worth a visit. You are brought by minibus from the cafe/visitors centre and you get to see most of the receptions rooms East Wing of the Aras including the President's Study.

It's worth a visit if you are in the area.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well there's next saturday sorted

thank you very much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

irishbird wrote: »
    well there's next saturday sorted

thank you very much:)

Hate that Des!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hate that Des!

he will love it and he will say nothing else to the contrary:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I visited one time. It was a great day out. I met the president and her servants baked us some buns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

poisonated wrote: »
    I met the president and her servants baked us some buns.

lol :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I was passing through Phoenix Park last week and dropped into the visitor centre at the site of the old Vatican Ambassador's residence.

I got chatting to one of the guys from the OPW and jokingly asked him could I sneak into Áras an Uachtaráin for a peek.

He said that during the summer months there are free hourly guided trips around the Aras on Saturdays.

Myself and the missus went today and it's definitely worth a visit. You are brought by minibus from the cafe/visitors centre and you get to see most of the receptions rooms East Wing of the Aras including the President's Study.

Apparently the president takes it up the Aras :D har har har

FMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

I'll definetley make a point of visiting never knew it was open to visitors and me only living beside the phoenix pk:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Apparently the president takes up the Aras :D har har har
    That's quite correct, usually after he or she is elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

a hive of activity i bet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Apparently the president takes it up the Aras :D har har har

FMP

Coat
    >
    Door
    >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

poisonated wrote: »
    I visited one time. It was a great day out. I met the president and her servants baked us some buns.

I'd love to try out the presidents hot buns!

Advertisement