Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Huh?....how?
    Jeryl Prescott Scales has hinted that she could return to The Walking Dead for future episodes.

Prescott Scales's character Jacqui decided to stay in the CDC building as it exploded in the first season finale.

However, the actress told TV Guide: "The DVD drops March 8, and if you watch episode six over and over and over again, you might discover something."

Prescott Scales also revealed that she has some expectations for the second season.

"I think it is going to go further into the human dilemma, what these people have to deal with every day," she said. "Life and love and stress and losing people they care about and the struggle to survive. I also think they're going to see Michonne, the figure from the comic book that everyone's waiting to see."
    Yes read that yesterday too, must give the season a re-watch. FX are re-showing the show from February 28th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Stephen-King-WalkingDead-1031001.aspx

Stephen King is in talks to write an episode of The Walking Dead, IGN reports.
    Castmember Laurie Holden, who plays Andrea on the AMC series, revealed the news during the show's panel at Chicago's C2E2 on Saturday.
    King confirmed the possibility to Entertainment Weekly, saying that executive producer Frank Darabont "has expressed enthusiastic interest for season 2 or possibly 3."
    Darabont directed three films based on King's work, including Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist. Having collaborated on two prison-set films, it would only make sense for King to write for the series just as they're getting to the prison from the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Yes a great show,hurry on with Season 2 pleez :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'm skeptical of what season 2 will be like considering how much they've deviated from the source material, but this has admittedly intrigued me. King and Darabont are an incredible combination and could produce some absolutely brilliant results.

..You know, maybe they should do a show together..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

This is now showing again on Channel 5, Sunday nights at 10pm (1st episode was on last Sunday, 10th April). If you can, view it on 5HD (ch 171 on the UK Sky EPG). It looks class!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

walkingdead-billboard-568x301.jpg

Eh...
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

cleared all of season one yesterday....it started off as something to do rather than study but then i got addicted :)

seriously cant wait for season 2 :D

This story has been out a few days, seems the CDC and AMC are having fun with this:

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

When Rick and his fellow survivors arrive at the CDC in Season 1 of The Walking Dead, they find an abandoned building manned by the solitary Dr. Jenner -- who's learned almost nothing about the walker disease, let alone how to cure it. Apparently, the real-life Centers for Disease Control has taken umbrage with the this portrayal of ineffectiveness: This week the agency released a protocol titled "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse."

That's right: The CDC recognizes the imminent threat of an undead uprising, and is here with a plan that includes what "you need to do before zombies...actually happen," "where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your door step," and of course, what the CDC would do to counter the outbreak: "CDC would provide technical assistance... [that] might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine)."

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the site warns. As far as the zombie apocalypse is concerned, "You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

This story has been out a few days, seems the CDC and AMC are having fun with this:

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

When Rick and his fellow survivors arrive at the CDC in Season 1 of The Walking Dead, they find an abandoned building manned by the solitary Dr. Jenner -- who's learned almost nothing about the walker disease, let alone how to cure it. Apparently, the real-life Centers for Disease Control has taken umbrage with the this portrayal of ineffectiveness: This week the agency released a protocol titled "Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse."

That's right: The CDC recognizes the imminent threat of an undead uprising, and is here with a plan that includes what "you need to do before zombies...actually happen," "where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your door step," and of course, what the CDC would do to counter the outbreak: "CDC would provide technical assistance... [that] might include consultation, lab testing and analysis, patient management and care, tracking of contacts, and infection control (including isolation and quarantine)."

"There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the site warns. As far as the zombie apocalypse is concerned, "You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this."

But why bother when you can just incinerate the CDC?

• Advertisement

Starts next week on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Starts next week on RTE 2
    Let me guess - it's on at about 1.30am sometime midweek?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Let me guess - it's on at about 1.30am sometime midweek?

http://www.rte.ie/ten/listings/15669900_tv_The_Walking_Dead

9.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

about god damn time !

:):):)

seen it all already but its such a great series ill be tuning in again.

its not what i expected at all. cant wait for season two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Has there been any word on how many episodes there will be in the 2nd season ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Has there been any word on how many episodes there will be in the 2nd season ?

Colmo52 wrote: »

Good thirteen eps should give the characters room to breath so we'll actually care if they get bit , that was the nub of the problem for me in that first season I just didn't care , didn't care that Amy or jim got bit, didn't care that the Mexican family left or that Jaqui stayed(in the cdc), other then Rick the only other characters whose fate I was invested in or who my attachment to wasn't based solely on my love of the comics was Morgan and his son and they were only in the pilot .

Any update on the second seasons release date?

Any update on the second seasons release date?

Same time as last year, late October 2011...Halloween, Oct 30th?

Same time as last year, late October 2011...Halloween, Oct 30th?

Ghey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not sure if this has been posted already or not, but if anyone is going to be out in the Atlanta area around June time, you might be able to get a job as crew for season 2 of TWD and who knows, from there maybe even a shuffle on part as an extra zombie. :)

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/2011/05/17/the-walking-dead-season-2-production-is-looking-for-more-crew-members/

I was gonna do a breakdown of what arcs from the comics id like to see done next season but I guess that would just be spoiling it for non comic readers right ?

The fustercluck that is the GOT thread has me paranoid about this S**t lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i must be the only person that thought this was a very lame rehash of every zombie film out there

must admit didnt think it would get a season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was gonna do a breakdown of what arcs from the comics id like to see done next season but I guess that would just be spoiling it for non comic readers right ?

Certainly would be a spoiler. It's pretty easy to guess what coming up and where they'll be going though, better not to rush the better stuff, otherwise things will get out of hand:)

However we've already seen that the show will not strictly follow the comics and I wonder if they will change characters? Daryl Dixon as far as I remember wasn't in the comics and is a pretty good character. In season 1 he pretty much performed the role of Tyreese so will we not get to see him in season 2???

i must be the only person that thought this was a very lame rehash of every zombie film out there
    i think you might be in the minority there, i have recommended it to everyone i know (even non-zombie fans) and everyone i've spoken to that has watched it has loved it so far, without exception.

also, i think you might be mistaking what you've seen in other zombie stuff as re-hashed, when for the most part the original TWD graphic novels (or comics to regular folk) have been the inspiration for a lot of what you'll see in modern zombie films.

Nope for me its a fair to middling (thus far) adaption of a fantastic comic, to call it a lame rehash would be to do it(the show) and the property its based on a disservice , yes it initially follows the cinematic zombie tropes laid down in the Romero films and more recently in 28 days later as a way to draw viewers in with the familiar but it soons begins to plough its own furrow(comicwise anyways) .

Certainly would be a spoiler. It's pretty easy to guess what coming up and where they'll be going though, better not to rush the better stuff, otherwise things will get out of hand:)

However we've already seen that the show will not strictly follow the comics and I wonder if they will change characters? Daryl Dixon as far as I remember wasn't in the comics and is a pretty good character. In season 1 he pretty much performed the role of Tyreese so will we not get to see him in season 2???

I've been hoping against hope that T-dawg( worst name ever) isn't a Tyreese substitute as I really liked his arc(Tyreeses) in the comics , was prayin for T-Dawg to get bit last season infact if he died off screen before we catch up with the gang in season 2 that would be just dandy :D . Daryl is about the only new element/change from the comic that I'm ok with , I'm not against change persay but if you're gonna make changes whether its to characters or plot there better be a good reason and it better work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

If you take a quick gander through the thread you'll see most of us didn't think much of it.

To me it felt more like a soap opera. With zombies. I'm glad they kicked out the original writing team.

As an aside, it seems most of the praise given to this show comes from people who only watched the pilot. Is that right or am I being unfair?

i've watched the whole of season one (as have most of the people who i've recommended it to) and really enjoyed it, although i don't know how many people have actually read the comics.

• Advertisement

Mindkiller wrote: »
    If you take a quick gander through the thread you'll see most of us didn't think much of it.

To me it felt more like a soap opera. With zombies. I'm glad they kicked out the original writing team.

As an aside, it seems most of the praise given to this show comes from people who only watched the pilot. Is that right or am I being unfair?

The pilot was one of the stronger episodes alright but I don't think the people who were praising the show were basing it solely on that one ep , could be that they were just so jazzed that there was a Zombie series on tv that they forgot to wear their critical cap ...... or maybe I'm just as dead inside as the zombies and thats why i didnt really care for any of the characters lol .

Regardless with a new writing staff and more episodes there is hope yet that this cold cold heart may be melted yet :P

I hope the character of Morgan and his son Duane are back for Season 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I hope the character of Morgan and his son Duane are back for Season 2

Thats not likely. Assuming they are going to keep roughly following the comic

mawk wrote: »
    Thats not likely. Assuming they are going to keep roughly following the comic
    Shane dies in the comics quite early on and is still around on the show so far

I hope they are back

I wonder how the people who just couldn't resist and read the comics after season 1 will find rewatching it and the second season, will it cause a reevaluation in there mind of how good the show was or could/should be .

Mindkiller wrote: »

It's more accurate to say people initially liked it, first two eps.- were middling in the middle....and by the end alot of people were negative about it. By the finale is was overwhelmingly negative.

By contrast people were negative of Boardwalk Empire upto say ep. 5/6 but then gained alot of positive comments and reaction, very interesting juxtaposition really :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a show that never really lived up to the promise of the pilot. I wonder if there was a backroom conflict between what Darabont wanted to portray and what the studio felt the audiences would cope with.

We started out with an intense, dramatic, horrifying pilot episode; genuinely thrilling and scary in places, fantastic TV. Then it degenerated into a mid-range soap opera & love triangle, populated with 2-dimensional characters; all set in a world where the zombies would only occasionally pop up for target practice, rather than exist as a constant, unrelenting threat.

So I would question if, after the pilot episode, the studio took Darabont aside (or someone else) and forced his/their hand to tone it all down. To throw in some melodrama, cultural stereotypes and an extra-marital affair, because they felt the dreary zombie-world would be too much of a turn off for johnny-channel-hopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's a show that never really lived up to the promise of the pilot. I wonder if there was a backroom conflict between what Darabont wanted to portray and what the studio felt the audiences would cope with.

We started out with an intense, dramatic, horrifying pilot episode; genuinely thrilling and scary in places, fantastic TV. Then it degenerated into a mid-range soap opera & love triangle, populated with 2-dimensional characters; all set in a world where the zombies would only occasionally pop up for target practice, rather than exist as a constant, unrelenting threat.

So I would question if, after the pilot episode, the studio took Darabont aside (or someone else) and forced his/their hand to tone it all down. To throw in some melodrama, cultural stereotypes and an extra-marital affair, because they felt the dreary zombie-world would be too much of a turn off for johnny-channel-hopper.

I agree with this - the first episode had me at the edge of my seat in places. Episode 1 had a genuine threat that had the potential to get very bad very quick....but then it just kinda lost it. As pixelburb says, I think the studio got scared about putting out a scary tv show - i for one would much have prefered to settle in my armchair each week to watch a gory zombie fest with tense, scary scenes and let the characters bounce off that than the melodrame it has kinda become.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Too few zombies, not enough headshots.

Too few zombies, not enough headshots.

Too few Episodes , not enough character development ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

TBF lads 6 episode does not a series make, season 1 was more to get a feel of how people would react to a show like this, i personally liked season 1, it wasnt epic by any means, but its a nice simple launch pad for a show like this, i do believe it will up the stakes in season 2,

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    TBF lads 6 episode does not a series make, season 1 was more to get a feel of how people would react to a show like this, i personally liked season 1, it wasnt epic by any means, but its a nice simple launch pad for a show like this, i do believe it will up the stakes in season 2,

Oh yeh agree with you there alot of shows I've grown to love have had a shakey first 5-6 episodes , not every show hits the ground running , we're just fortunate that the series garnered strong enough ratings that we'll get a second 13 ep season from which it will hopefully kick on and fulfill its potential .

pixelburp wrote: »

Makes sense, but then you would have to wonder why they bothered making it in the first place.

They are tightening their belts everywhere just look at the protracted contract negotiations over Season 5 of Mad Men .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Irish pace from now on?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099620

Was looking forward to this, nice opening episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Elmo wrote: »
    Irish pace from now on?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099620

Was looking forward to this, nice opening episode.
    Thread set up for Irish pace here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

will be interesting to see if the trends of excitement turning to boredom and dissapointment in this thread are mirrored in the irish pace thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

will be interesting to see if the trends of excitement turning to boredom and dissapointment in this thread are mirrored in the irish pace thread.

:( I will stick with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Elmo wrote: »
    :( I will stick with it.

i was hoping you wouldn't open this thread again now that you knew about the irish pace one :(

Battle Royale! - The Walking Dead vs. Game Of Thrones!

• Advertisement
Advertisement