Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead (AMC) [**Spoilers**]

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Battle Royale! - The Walking Dead vs. Game Of Thrones!
    original hawaii five-0 vs the walking dead;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Walking Dead facebook page was hacked, posted up this message

Walking Dead season 2 is only weeks away.....woop woop! :) Haha!

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=160221210710731&id=112792445453608

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

anyone listen to the nerdist podcast with robert kirkman, its hilarious

http://www.nerdist.com/2011/05/nerdist-podcast-93-robert-kirkman/

one sarky funny ****er, taking the piss out of the hosts from word go.

and he never tweeted the pic goddamn him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

AMC released today a ‘first look’ photo from season two of its critically acclaimed original drama, “The Walking Dead,” currently in production in the greater Atlanta area. The hit series’ second season includes 13 episodes, and premieres this fall.

Executive Producer/Writer/Director Frank Darabont says, “At this moment, I’m standing on a stretch of post-apocalypse interstate in Georgia, littered with abandoned cars and blessing my good luck to be reunited with our amazing cast, and our fantastic directors and crew. Across the board, there are none better. It’s great to be shooting again. I think we’ve embarked on a great season.”

Walking-Dead-500x333.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a326182/pruitt-taylor-vince-joins-the-walking-dead.html

Pruitt Taylor Vince has signed up to appear in the second season of The Walking Dead.

The Mentalist actor will play the recurring role of Otis, according to TV Line.

The character will encounter Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors when they arrive on Hershel's farm.

Vince previously played Mose Manuel on Deadwood and has also featured in episodes of House, CSI and Medium. His film credits include roles in 2000's Nurse Betty, 2003's Identity and 2005's Constantine.

Other new characters expected to appear in the new season of The Walking Dead include farm owner Hershel and his daughter Maggie.

The Walking Dead will return to AMC in the US and FX in the UK in late 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

When I read 'Otis' I was instantly reminded of that annoying old twat from Dead Rising. This could be an ill omen I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok, I've only been watching this on RTE and have enjoyed it so far, but a few things annoy me.

The title is The Walking Dead and it's about zombies.

I love zombie things, they are cool, and I find them fascinating.

When I watch a film about zombies, I want to see people been bitten and infected and then zombies getting their heads blown off.

Now what I don't care about is people's marraige problems and relationship's with their sisters etc.

Why do writers insist on doing this?

Can't people watch Desperate Housewives or Fair City/Eastenders for relationship issues.

Really annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ok, I've only been watching this on RTE and have enjoyed it so far, but a few things annoy me.

The title is The Walking Dead and it's about zombies.

really...

i'm sorry but people who read the comic are laughing right now
    . no offence intended to you murpho999, I'll just say "keep watching."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, because the **** drama and soap opera is only gona get worse

• Advertisement

Desperate Housewives with zombies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

really...

i'm sorry but people who read the comic are laughing right now
    . no offence intended to you murpho999, I'll just say "keep watching."

Sorry but I don't see the point of your post or spoiler.

Enlighten me please!

I guess it's not really a spoiler, just a cool moment in the comics where Rick tells his fellow survivors that:

wearethewalkingdead.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I implore everyone to read the "graphic novels"... they really are enthralling!

Just don't form an to any character WHATSOEVER! :D

tbf if they just had zombies eating and getting there heads blown off it would get pretty boring after about 300 minutes, episode 1 zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, episode 2 zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, episode 3 zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, episode 4 zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off, zombie bites, zombies head blown off,

do i want more zombie killing in season 2, hell yeah, but i dont want it all about killing zombies, theres a story to be told, that is why we tune in, isnt it:confused::confused:

i tune in for the headshots and zombie hoards, dunno about y'all with yer character development and soap opera drama fest.....

• Advertisement

i tune in for the headshots and zombie hoards, dunno about y'all with yer character development and soap opera drama fest.....
    when i said we i forgot to say except richard, sorry :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I guess it's not really a spoiler, just a cool moment in the comics where Rick tells his fellow survivors that:

wearethewalkingdead.jpg

thats Rick ? looks like the panel out of sin city

i think they are suffering from the lostitus on the show being all too clean and shaven for the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

There are a lot of cool "wtf, I can't believe they just did that!!!" really dark moments in the comic.
    But imo they may be hard to translate to the screen for various reasons including cost (this must be an expensive show to run considering all the make-up needed) and also if you kill characters that the audience may like then they might end up abandoning the show.

So a lot of the stuff that keeps you glued to the comics might be the exact same sort of stuff that would mean switching off a show.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    There are a lot of cool "wtf, I can't believe they just did that!!!" really dark moments in the comic.
    But imo they may be hard to translate to the screen for various reasons including cost (this must be an expensive show to run considering all the make-up needed) and also if you kill characters that the audience may like then they might end up abandoning the show.

So a lot of the stuff that keeps you glued to the comics might be the exact same sort of stuff that would mean switching off a show.

I don't know the first 1 - 2 seaons of Prison Break had character deaths every 5minutes and got away with it.

I agree about the dark stuff in the comics. When I was last in HMV I saw they were selling some of the gaphic novels for €8 a piece (includes about 5-6 issues). Once again they are a great read and €8 is good value if anyone was interested.

SCORE!!!!!!....Lauren Cohan has been cast in TWD:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/walking-dead-season-2-casting-news.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Sneak Peak of S2 will be shown during new Breaking Bad next week!

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Sneak Peak of S2 will be shown during new Breaking Bad next week!
    What? My head hurts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Redditor wrote: »
    What? My head hurts...

Promo for season 2 next week it seems

allanb49 wrote: »
    Promo for season 2 next week it seems
    Sorry, thought I was in the Breaking Bad thread...

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is the last post in this thread 2011??

Is there a more recent thread?

Anyone watch the first episode of series 4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Advertisement