Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Problem

• 02-05-2010 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Not sure if this is the right place but I'm just looking for advice.

I have NTL broadband in my house but my laptop wont pick up the connection anymore on the Wifi. I rang NTL and they told me im just outside the 12 month gaurantee so they wont help me, but it may be the modem. The internet still works if i plug the cable into my laptop.

Any suggestions? I'm not to good with this stuff, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

havin the same problem the last few days. virtually no internet the last 3 days seem to get it in the night but bugger all durin the day. barely gettin any signal wirelessly but havent tried pluggin it in . i'm in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bagwell

havin the same problem the last few days. virtually no internet the last 3 days seem to get it in the night but bugger all durin the day. barely gettin any signal wirelessly but havent tried pluggin it in . i'm in waterford.

Doesnt sound like the same problem, I'm only home after the last few months abroad and the family told me it's been like this a couple of months. Plus i live in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Sounds like its the cisco router which everyone agrees is a peice of ****.
    You probably need to bridge the modem to a different router. Check out the thread about the upc router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bagwell

skelliser wrote: »
    Sounds like its the cisco router which everyone agrees is a peice of ****.
    You probably need to bridge the modem to a different router. Check out the thread about the upc router.

Will do, thanks alot!

Advertisement