Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Siren not ringing

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a HKC panel - the alarm siren outside doesn't ring when the alarm goes off - but when I do a bell test, it works fine.

I've checked the engineer menu and I'm fairly sure it's not disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How have you tried to set it off?

Is it that you came home and it wasn't ringing? If so, it was because the timer had elapsed and the bell cut off.

Did you try set the alarm with the front door open and let the exit time finish? This will only activate the internal and not the external.

If the bell works on a bell test from the keypad there's not to much wrong, something simple.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked other aspects of the engineer menu?
    Like bell delay or perimiter alarm settings?
    When you activate a full alarm does the internal siren sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Csan't test it today, it being Sunday n all, but I think it's the fault of the exit sensor.

I had to replace it yesterday as it had a fairly weak magnet, and the alarm was being set off by this, after the exit time expired. This would explain why the outside bell wasn't working. Will confirm though, thanbks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Csan't test it today, it being Sunday n all, but I think it's the fault of the exit sensor.

I had to replace it yesterday as it had a fairly weak magnet, and the alarm was being set off by this, after the exit time expired. This would explain why the outside bell wasn't working. Will confirm though, thanbks.

The best thing to do is either activate a panic or activate a sensor on another zone after the alarm is set to test the external bell is sounding on activation of the alarm.

When you change the magnet enter 0#3 on the keypad. This is the user walk test for the alarm. You can test the sensor by opening and closing to make sure it is working properly. When finished enter your user code to deactivated the user walk test. When in the user walk test the internal bell will sound for a few seconds as you test the sensor.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

altor wrote: »
    The best thing to do is either activate a panic or activate a sensor on another zone after the alarm is set to test the external bell is sounding on activation of the alarm.

When you change the magnet enter 0#3 on the keypad. This is the user walk test for the alarm. You can test the sensor by opening and closing to make sure it is working properly. When finished enter your user code to deactivated the user walk test. When in the user walk test the internal bell will sound for a few seconds as you test the sensor.

Any problems let us know.

Thanks. Confirmed that siren does go if a zone is opened. Also did a walk test as you suggested and all the sensors are working...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks. Confirmed that siren does go if a zone is opened. Also did a walk test as you suggested and all the sensors are working...

Your welcome, Always happy to help..

Advertisement