Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know Rockhampton?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Well, just landed in Rockhampton for a few weeks work and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the place. Actually seems like an alright sort of spot but I'll have a bit of time off so looking for some things to do/see around the place. I've already found the Irish bars! Any suggestions?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Stayed there a few years ago. Nice for the steaks but would say thats bout it. I just used it as a pit stop before we headed up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

No disrespect to women but its a real man's town. lots of cowboy hats, bars, lawnmover and ute stores and steaks are the main thing on every menu.
    Only passed through but seems like a nice enough place

• Registered Users Posts: 48 paidi09

Yeah. It looks a bit that way. Utes and cattle trucks everywhere. Like the feel of the place though. Bit like the wild west! Should be interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Everyone I spoke to there was going to/just out of prison.

Rough town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

for the love of God
    RUN

Dont make me dig up that Akhmal clip again:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

A mate of mine works in Rocky. It's a hole.

Advertisement