Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass Flood Protection

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

comeraghs wrote: »
    surely the architects/planners who came up with the glass wall (which I think looks very well) are aware of the flooding possibility & know what they are doing .... bloody hope so!

& as for the city being on its knees ..... I think we´d all be better trying to give it a hand up & supporting local business .... rather than pointless moaning!

1. You obviously subscribe to the phrase “Trust me I’m a Doctor”

2. I find that us Waterford people can’t stand any type of critique, don’t confuse critique with pointless moaning, I am as supportive of local business as any other person in Waterford, our family spend our incomes in the Waterford region. I feel that we can better ourselves by looking outward and not be so insular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

longshanks wrote: »
    was the river not dredged a couple of years ago to deepen the channel?

You are now getting close to the roots of the flooding problem
    The river was dredged everyday by "The Portlairge" our beloved mudboat, see the following link, http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0706/nationwide.html and see "last Working Steamship" video.This ship dredged the port for over 75years and stopped in the 80's when our forward thinking city and port authorities sold it for scrap!

Advertisement