Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were to live in Auckland region

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me some suberbs that would be decent enough for living in?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭customPC

Hey, I lived over their last year but lived in the city at the top of Queen St. We had been looking at places in suburbs but what you must take into account is if your are working there or not. If you know where you will be workin that cools, you can get a place near it other wise i would tend to stay somewhere central or central-ish. Parnell would be epensive-lot of money around there. Newmarket is pretty cool. brother lives there. really nice area. Ponsonby is supposed to be pretty good. night live and all that. Mt. Eden is supposed to be ncie too. In case you are wonderin about nose levels in the city, up at the top of the city Queen st. and K'rd its not noisy at all. Dont think i was wokin up once:-) lot of nice places around Symmonds st. near there. Any other questions fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

What is your budget?
    Are you after a house, flat? Our just move with someone

I live in Parnell, rent for 3-4 bed house can be anything from $500-$1200 a week or more.
    Small city centre apartments are about $300-$350 for a 2 bed.

Ponsonby and Freemans Bay are same as Parnell.

Do you plan on working in the city? Little or no buses to the suburbs after 11:30pm.

K'Rd is party central for the top of town. Loads of clubs, some great and others sleazy. But great gigs are always on.

Symmonds St is university central.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭larsson7

Can I ask what one would/should pay for a room in the city?
    Also any decent cheap hostels to start off in?
    Making the move in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Lived off the Great South rd in Greelane when I was a student in Auckland Uni. Great location as it's a major bus corridor, and any bus (at the time) starting with a 4 or a 5 would go down this route. It's definitely one of the better areas of Auckland. Moved to Remuera later (again, it's a good area but must be one of the most expensive suburbs in the country) and lived just off Remuera rd, which again has a decent bus service.

Both aren't far from Newmarket/City centre, and Greenlane has a big foodtown supermarket as well, which I was within a 15 minute walk of.

Advertisement