Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

No, that's probably an ammo explosion from AP.

At least, it's the only thing I can think of where I hit and destroy a tank I have no business destroying (eg taking a 90% AusfB to death instantly with a 75mm AP from the flank. That one just stunned me.)

I used the 105mm HE on T-29 to take out an IS-4 from the front. AP was bouncing, the HE was taking out about 10% per round. Fortunately, he had no idea where I was and he was in the open so couldn't escape.

NTM

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm off to South Africa for 2 weeks this Thursday if anyone would like to borrow my account while I'm away.

I've got an Elite Leo and the top German TDs (Jagdpanther, Ferdi & Jagdtiger) so if anyone likes driving those TDs then let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i lost my IS and jagpanzer iv when i chose the eu server the other day, first time i was asked to pick a server so i did, then bang, 2 tanks i got recently gone.

and the devs have no intentions of giving them back, or even bothering to reply to my thread on the forums..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

same happened here copey..lost an elite maus :-(

jesus, suddenly i dont feel so annoyed!

did you start a thread on their forums? did anyone even bother to reply?

• Advertisement

I was told that because its so close to the hard wipe that the mods dont care as everything will be gone next week.

have they actually set a release date of next week? or ahrd wipe next week then few weeks of nothing or something? hope not!

going russian td's cuz i havent tried em.

and maybe us heavies, cuz i aint tried them yet either.

The US Heavy line rocks.

That is all.

NTM

(Unfortunately, you need to go through the Lee to get to it)

formatted my pc and put windows 7 64bit ultimate on, only got the game back running last night.

started the us tree to see what its like and the most fun in the game i have had of late is the m2 medium tank with the howitzer gun!

its so fast, maneuverable, the gun kills everything, its a serious tank!! loads of fun. then i bought the m3 lee and my god does that suck bad!

think ill go russian tds, us heavies, and maybe russian scouts upon release.

not sure what to think of ze germans, my fully elite tiger with all upgrades and toys like coated optics etc still feels hugely underpowered. my is felt great though. till they took it off me :(

maybe ill go russian heavies, as i love the kv.

any release date for the game lads no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

copeyhagen wrote: »
    any release date for the game lads no?

The end of feb is all I keep hearing copey.

• Advertisement

(Unfortunately, you need to go through the Lee to get to it)

Ah the Lee... Two-shot beer can is what I call it. I wonder will implementing the second gun, as they are planning to do, make it a bit more scary..

Ponster wrote: »
    I'm off to South Africa for 2 weeks this Thursday if anyone would like to borrow my account while I'm away.

I've got an Elite Leo and the top German TDs (Jagdpanther, Ferdi & Jagdtiger) so if anyone likes driving those TDs then let me know :)

2 hours before I jump on the plane. Here is the account should anyone want a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

2 hours before I jump on the plane. Here is the account should anyone want a spin.

login : xxxxxx
    password : tracey

I would remove your e-mail from here dude. You could be subject to a massive spam attack!

And I hope you don't use the same password for anything else!

Ah you shouldnt post that up. Multiple log-in's will surely result in ban?
    I'm just thinkin about the goodies ya might lose for beta testers after release.

Multiple logins aren't allowed (just checked) so it's first in who wins. Even if it's banned I don't think I'll be playing again.

The password is used for nothing else as far as I know :)

I'd still remove your email man, or at least put it in spoiler tags :)

I'd still remove your email man, or at least put it in spoiler tags :)

Done.

p.s. removed as someone as PM'd me to take it :)

Cheers, got a go on the Ferdi which I allways wanted to try. :)

Bus77II wrote: »
    Ah the Lee... Two-shot beer can is what I call it. I wonder will implementing the second gun, as they are planning to do, make it a bit more scary..

The russians called it "coffin for seven brothers"

In fairness, though, the tank was actually quite viable in north africa against the opposition when it arrived.

NTM

end of feb, not too bad.

so whats the ferdi like then? my brother is 6k xp short of it, i told him last night not to bother grinding though as game is near release (hopefull)

had a few games with the lee last night and suprisingly enough got a good few kills with it!

as long as it gets similar level matches its actually not too bad! haha

• Advertisement

The problem is that it rarely happens. You are usually just put in as fodder for higher-tiered enemy.

NTM

copeyhagen wrote: »
    so whats the ferdi like then?

It was ok but I found I became everyones favorite target in it, and I was'nt sure exactly where I should be with it either.
    No, I think I'll just go Maus for my big tank. Roll around the place and laugh in an Austrian accent :)

dont bother with the maus...its the worst heavy tank in the game..
    crap gun,crap manouverability,slow traverse..just a big target.avoid like the plague until the russian developers decide to un nerf it or at least put the 150 mm gun on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

new patch live :)

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/26557-beta-v063x-update/#entry416548

- Added new map Westfield.
    - Added interface for clan battles ("Special battles" under "Battle!" button).
    - Removed New Year attributes from maps and hangars.
    - Added premium tanks (box and pre-order): PzII J (German tier 3 light tank), BT-SV (Soviet tier 3 light tank), M6A2E1 (American tier 8 heavy tank).
    These vehicles won’t be available in Store, and can be obtained in box version and/or pre-order packages.

- Recalculated static lights on some maps.
    - Fixed certain cases of shells flying outside the aim circle.
    - Fixed certain cases of disappearing shells.
    - Fixed certain cases of SPG aim getting outside the map in sniper mode
    - Fixed bug of autoaim sticking to destroyed tank.
    - Fixed too intense SPG aim shaking after being damaged in sniper mode.
    - Fixed rare case of voice chat activation button failure.
    - Fixed rare case of game crash during voice chat usage.
    - Fixed wrong water simulation at high options on certain computer configurations.
    - Hotkeys [ and ] are unbound from "fire" and "autoaim" commands.
    - Fixed mistiming of "the battle starts in" counter for different players.
    - Map loading mechanism reworked to fix rare case of game crash in training battles.
    - Fixed problem with missing textures of wrecked T-28 model.

- Fixed long names of HE shells in Service window.
    - Fixed wrong representation of hotkeys bindings in Options.
    - Fixed possibility of entering game menu during map loading.
    - Fixed client freezing during Company Search.
    - Fixed discrepancy of turret traverse speed between turret specs window and the corresponding tech tree.
    - Fixed bug in searching for a contact with less than 4 symbols in its name.
    - Clarified conditions getting certain awards.
    - Fixed condition for getting Billotte’s award.
    - Fixed copyright year at intro screen and EULA.
    - Removed turret for GW-Panther, M12, M40/M43, and Object 704 from the store.
    - Removed unupgradable modules of top tier tanks from the store.
    - Removed test gun "128mm_testgun" from shells description.
    - Recompiled sounds output library.
    - Fixed map pictures and team lists during map loading.
    - Fixed hill climbing at Sand River map.
    - Fixed water submersing at Malinovka map.
    - "Special battle" choice is blocked if player does not have any events planned.
    - Changed certain graphics options that could lead to increased performance on certain PC configurations.

Balance and tank parameters changes:

- Chance of fire for diesel engines set to 15%, for gasoline engines - to 20%. If the initial value for -certain models was lower than the values above, it remains as it is.
    - Rebalanced premium vehicles: Valentine and Matilda.
    - Adjusted match-making parameters for Valentine and Matilda.
    - Added extra battle tier between the existing tiers 3 and 4.

- V-2-44, V-2-54, V-55U, and V-2-54IS engines: chance of fire on impact increased by 2%.
    - Т-26, T-46: increased reverse speed, durability increased by 10 Hit Points.
    - Т-28: increased reverse speed, increased rate of fire for 57mm ZiS-4 gun.
    - Т-34: increased rate of fire for 57mm ZiS-4 gun.
    - BТ-2, BТ-7: increased reverse speed.
    - T-43: increased rate of fire for 100mm D10T gun.
    - T-54: repair cost increased by 15%, hull height increased by 10 cm, increased chance of being spotted after firing 100 mm D-54 cannon, decreased tracks armor by 5 mm, track repair time increased by 10%.
    - KV-3: slightly increased passability.
    - KV-1S: slightly increased passability.
    - IS-7: repair cost increased by 5%.
    - ISU-152: repair cost increased by 8%, increased weight limit for top suspension.
    - Shell 203 mm F-625D: increased cost by 4%.
    - Shell 203 mm G-620: increased cost by 4%.
    - SU-14: dispersion increased during movement and turret traverse, rate of fire decreased by 5% for 152mm gun, rate of fire decreased by 3% for 203mm.
    - Object 212: doubled repair cost, reduced guns armor.

- LTraktor: durability increased by 10 Hit Points.
    - PzII: increased reverse speed, durability increased by 5 Hit Points.
    - PzII Luchs: increased reverse speed, durability increased by 10 Hit Points.
    - Pz35(t), Pz38(t): increased reverse speed, durability increased by 10 Hit Points.
    - PzIII/IV: increased reverse speed, durability increased by 20 Hit Points.
    - PzIII: durability increased by 10 Hit Points.
    - PzIIIA: increased reverse speed, durability increased by 20 Hit Points.
    - VK3001H: durability increased by 20 Hit Points.
    - S35 739(f): tank tier decreased from 4 to 3, durability decreased by 20 Hit Points, decreased passability for normal terrain by 10%.
    - 38H 735(f), Pz IV, and VK1602: increased reverse speed.
    - Grille: fixed turret name.
    - 15 cm sFH18 L/30 gun (top Hummel): range of fire decreased by 15%, increased trajectory curve.
    - 15 cm sFH36 L/43 gun (top GW-Panther): increased shell velocity, increased trajectory curve.
    - 17 cm K72Sf gun: rate of fire decreased by 20%, damage increased from 1100 to 1400.
    - Hetzer: added new 220 HP engine, traverse speed decreased, decreased passability for normal and bad terrain by 15%.
    - StuGIII: increased weight limit for second suspension, tier decreased by 1 for balancing in random battles.
    - JagdPanther: increased armor for 88mm Pak 43 L/71 gun.
    - Ferdinand: increased reloading time for 128mm Pak 44 L/55 gun by 0.29 s.
    - Better durability for guns: 7.5 cm KwK42 L/70, 7.5 cm KwK45 L/100, 8.8 cm KwK43 L/71, 10.5 cm KwK45 L/52 Ausf. B.
    - 12.8 cm Kwk44 L/55 (VK 4502 B, Maus): decreased reloading time by 0.21 s.

Panther II changes:
    - Decreased size.
    - 7.5 cm KwK42 L/70 gun dispersion radius decreased by 7%.
    - 7.5 сmKwK42 L/100 gun dispersion radius decreased by 4%.
    - 10.5 cm KwK45 L/52 Ausf B top gun: gun dispersion radius decreased by 7%, dispersion during turret movement decreased by 14%, shell velocity increased by 20%.
    - top engine Maybach HL 234P50: reduced chance of fire by 5%, increased durability by 12.5%.
    - increased weight limit for basic suspension in order to allow mounting second turret.
    - ammo rack durability increased by 8%.
    - repair cost reduced by 6%.

- T30: repair cost increased by 10%.
    - T29 decreased rate of fire for 105 mm T5E1 gun.
    - 90mm AT Gun M3 gun: price increased from 110550 to 127300 credits.
    - 120mm Gun T53 gun: rate of fire increased by 5%.
    - QF 6 pounder Mk III gun: decreased penetration by 5 and 10 mm for AP and APCR shells respectively.
    - M3 Stuart, M5 Stuart, T2 lt: increased reverse speed, adjusted shaking effect after firing.
    - T2 Med, M2 lt, M2 med, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman: increased reverse speed
    - Ram2: engine changed to less powerful Wright Continental R-975C (440 HP), increased reverse speed, increased passability.
    - M12: decreased horizontal aiming angle.
    - T14: tier decreased by 1 for balancing in random battles, increased passability.
    - T1 heavy: increased passability.
    - Т23: repair costs increased by 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

So when is it being released proper? any word on that? I've given up until it is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Gneez wrote: »
    So when is it being released proper? any word on that? I've given up until it is released.

last I heard between March 24-31

so the release date has been set.
    this threads gone very quiet, everyone still playing.
    at the moment i have been switching between

king tiger (needs one engine upgrade to be elite)
    elite tiger I
    hummel (just got it the other day to try it out)
    sherman
    elite m2 medium tank (my free xp / credit earner, absolutly owns everything with the howitzer gun)
    IS
    elite SU-85
    kv-3

and few others. most the tanks are boring, expecially the tier 8 heavy tank games. yes, the KT is a pretty good tank once everythings upgraded, but the games are too long and too defensively played.

i play mostly with my tier 3 m2 medium tank. soooooooo much fun, and i get 1100 free xp epr game and whatever amount of credits.

once the game is released i dont know what im gonna do now.

12APR, I believe.

I'll pre-order for a bit. I've spent enough hours in the day playing it, I'll throw them $60 that I'd pay for a game down the shop. Not least, also, I don't have the time in the day to keep up with the 16-year-olds and am willing to spend a little cash to stay competitive. Plus without all the T-55 zergs, it might even be fun to play in the high tiers again.

Made it to Panther, and it's an OK tank, but not the end-all and be-all of things, even fully upgraded. More of a mobile, turreted, medium TD.

Also got as far as Ferdinand, but I don't see myself making the 128mm by the end of Beta. Right now, I'm rocking the 105 of JagdPanther, which is OK, but really needs a bit more punch to pull Ferdi's weight.

The two GWs are still in my garage. I think the Panther's more profitable and more fun, but when the Tiger works, it's just so damned satisfying to be whacking IS-7s and T-55s.

T29 is sitting in the motor pool, not doing much except maybe earning a little cash on the side. Same with StuG. T34 is not proving earth-shattering thus far, and, again, I don't think I'm going to make the proper gun (120mm) by the end of Beta. It doesn't help that I just moved house and don't have an Internet connection right now.

Finally, Churchill and S35 are my two Premium tanks. I don't know if I'd pay real money for Churchill again, it is one of those odd tanks that when it rocks, it really rocks, and when it doesn't, you wonder why you even bothered. S35 is even more confusing. It's usually way down the bottom of the ranking list and seems to punch above its weight, but not sufficiently high enough to be overall viable. In the rare low-tier games, though, it does very well. I'm hearing good things about the 38(t), though.

After release, I'm going US Heavy, maybe German Artillery (though I'll look at the French stuff), likely German TD. Unsure which route I'll go with on Mediums. The disadvantage to spreading out countries is the lack of overlap of technology: Researching the 88mm, for example, unlocks guns on the German Medium, Heavy and TD lines.

NTM

• Advertisement

Havent been playing much in ages, kinda got fed up of the grind.

Have a T-43, IS, Hummel, Jagdpanzer IV, M3 Lee, T1 Heavy and M7 Priest in my garage.

T-43 and Hummel are maxed out and I really cant face the grind to take them further!

Been playing the American ones, as I'm still fairly low down the tree, it may be possible to upgrade if I bother putting some time in.

All in all, the beta experience of the game was well worth it, and very refreshing - I just hope there are plenty more game modes to keep the grinding interesting after release, or they won;t get any new players, only us from the beta.

I'll probably buy the pay version in the shop if they decide to release it, or at least stack a bit of gold to say thanks. I've easily got my €50 game fee's worth throughout the beta. So I'll be happy to pass that on upon release.

Actually, on that note, I think I'll have a few rounds!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement