Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

3/4 way thru the beta i went and signed up on the russian server,the grind is awful after the luxury of free gold and xp in beta..i grinded all the way to my beloved t-29 with the 105mm gun,and the day i got there they nerfed the reload on the gun to where it was useless,so i gave it up:-p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

some interesting points..the ebta went on waaaaay too long too.

my brother wont be happy about the t29 guns enrf, he loves the dam thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

If the EuroPrices are about the same as the USPrices, I can't imagine many people going for the 'Heavy' option.

Might go with the medium. A couple of months of premium, one or two premium tanks and the ability to convert free XP will would come of it, and I have gotten quite a lot of game hours out of it so far. Divide $67 into how many hours I've spent, and on a dollars-per-hour value, it's quite reasonable.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Heavy: M6A2E1, 25k Gold - €75

Med: Pz. Kpfw V/IV, 18.7k Gold - €56

Light: A-32, 12.5k Gold - €38

Those are the pre-order prices in EU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

If the EuroPrices are about the same as the USPrices, I can't imagine many people going for the 'Heavy' option.

Might go with the medium. A couple of months of premium, one or two premium tanks and the ability to convert free XP will would come of it, and I have gotten quite a lot of game hours out of it so far. Divide $67 into how many hours I've spent, and on a dollars-per-hour value, it's quite reasonable.

NTM

I think I'll do that same. Grab the medium package and check out those US TDs that are coming.

apparently closed beta testers will be getting as a tier-V gift tank, its a Sherman variant the M4A2E4

I am delighted as the E8 Sherman is easily my favourite tank to drive

Auvers wrote: »
    apparently closed beta testers will be getting as a tier-V gift tank, its a Sherman variant the M4A2E4

I am delighted as the E8 Sherman is easily my favourite tank to drive

Where'd ya hear that? I havent been on their forum much

Where'd ya hear that? I havent been on their forum much

Overlords blog

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

WoT gets the Downfall Treatment.

NTM

• Advertisement

The best one I've ever seen !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I haven't bought a game in a while so said id splash out and get the heavy option. It will keep me busy till Star wars comes out.

So long folks !

Ponster wrote: »
    So long folks !

Where ya off to??

Where ya off to??

The beta just ended :)

The beta just ended :)

lol oh yeah!

It releases today though, so you can just start all over again!

I only have about 910 battles since the soft wipe, so no free Sherman for me :(

I only have about 910 battles since the soft wipe, so no free Sherman for me :(

nasty, just 90 short

definitely going to grind for the Sherman E8 and the KV3 as they are serious money makers and of course I have to get back my little Luchs

after I get to that goal, going to go for the American medium tree.

nasty, just 90 short

definitely going to grind for the Sherman E8 and the KV3 as they are serious money makers and of course I have to get back my little Luchs

after I get to that goal, going to go for the American medium tree.

Yeah, Yankee mediums are pretty decent, even the M3 Lee is good for its class.

Will most likely head down German SPG, Russian heavy or medium, and US medium.

what times release at?
    might finish work an hour early! :)

bought the medium package for 55e last night, loads of gold to have premium for a while.

what i have learned from beta

td's

germans are great at long range, russians are awsome at close range.

at tier 5, the stug hasnt a chance against the su85's power imo. at tier 6, i find the jagdpzr iv better than the su-100 though!. havent played past tier 6 for tds, so im not sure which country to go for as of yet. russians dont seem as accurate at range.

for the heavies, i got as far as IS on russian and Tiger II on german. (havent played american ehavies, but the t29 is to be nerfed so probably wont play em either)
    i found the grind to the decent germans tough, but the tiger ii rocks. very very accurate at range, so i might go germans.

had an elite hummel but doesnt really excite me so not gonna go for any spg's i think.

russian heavies and german tds maybe...though sticking to one country makes more sense

what to do, what to do!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    what times release at?
    might finish work an hour early! :)

dunno but they say "up to 18hrs" from 04:00 this morning, so hopefully around 4-6 this evening then I can grab the patch before going home from work

• Advertisement

dunno but they say "up to 18hrs" from 04:00 this morning, so hopefully around 4-6 this evening then I can grab the patch before going home from work

Is it a patch or a fresh reinstall that's needed ?

Is it a patch or a fresh reinstall that's needed ?

just a patch, I think its around 800 megs

just a patch, I think its around 800 megs

I'm getting old if people think that 800Mbs is 'just a patch' :p

I have 2000+ battles so looking forward to my bonus tank.

I'm getting old if people think that 800Mbs is 'just a patch' :p

I have 2000+ battles so looking forward to my bonus tank.

If I get home early, I wonder if I could squeeze in 90 or so battles before it launches lol

the patch that is meant to be released today

• Added new vehicles: premium heavy Lowe and KV-5, intermediate KV-13 and Pz38NA, tier 8 SPGs: Object 261, GW-E serie, T-92.
    • Full redesign of Maus collision model using “skirt” type of armor.
    • Fixed hit boxes for IS-7, JagdPanther.
    • Added new maps – Mountain Pass and Prairies.
    • Visual redesign of Pagorki map.
    • Gameplay redesign of Komarin map: reduced number of bushes near the bridges, added extra buildings on the central island for cover.
    • Added extra checkpoints on tank models for more accurate visibility checks.
    • Changed effect for credit and gold first aid kits, repair kits and fire extinguishers:
    Credit repair kit will fix 1 chosen damaged module until the end of battle. Gold will repair all currently damaged modules until the end of battle.
    You can put both repair kits on the same tank together.
    First aid kits work similar to repair kits.
    Credit fire extinguisher will extinguish fire immediately after you manually activate it – by pressing its button ingame.
    Gold fire extinguisher will automatically extinguish fire 0.5 seconds after tank catches fire and will reduce chance of catching fire by 10%.
    • Changed damage mechanics for tracks. You can damage tracks if you hit the leading or the rearmost wheel of the tank. It will be much more difficult to detrack it by hitting middle part of the tank.
    • Reworked vehicle movement system – stucking at vertical surfaces and map borders is nearly completely eliminated. Reduced chance of stucking in terrain objects.
    • Added first version of moving wrecks of destroyed vehicles.
    • Fixed bug with SPG Object 212 gun mantlet that was able to absorb shells without losing durability.
    • Fixed damage mechanics of certain open-topped SPGs during light collisions with other vehicles.
    • Added an option to demount non-demountable equipment (like Rammer or Coated Optics) for 10 Gold.
    • Added an option to transfer in-game gold to another player. For additional control of transfer special billing password is being used.
    • Added an option to block voice messages from the player in battle and in hangar.
    • Added an option to turn-off tank shaking during shooting/moving/stopping/being hit in sniper mode. Default setting is shaking on.
    • Added an option to remove tracks prints.
    • Added an option to turn off smoke and dust off the tank tracks.
    • Added detailed options for voice chat: selection of audio device, voice test and other options.
    • Fixed bug with client freeze when joining company/platoon in case of voice ports being blocked.
    • Added new tab Clan for Contacts window, including the list of clan members.
    • Added visual diplay of “speaking players” in Training Room, Platoon and Company, Map Loading screen.
    • Added additional star icon on the tank that did not gain double experience for the current day.
    • Minimap remade into flash like the other interface . Added icons for different tank types. Added colored icons of different colours for tanks in player’s platoon.
    • Added additional markers above tanks in player’s platoon.
    • Added additional statistics window displayed when player’s tank is destroyed.
    • Fixed great amount of rendering bugs, improved efficiency of high-quality dynamic shadows.
    • Added protection from client-side change of color, brightness and display time for tracer effects.

Planned for v.0.6.4, but currenty in development:

• Reworking visibility/camouflage of all vehicles and guns.
    • Lowered memory usage. Fixing Red Textures bug on PC with big amount of RAM (> 2 GB).
    • Specific balance weight for 9th tier Medium tanks.
    • Fixing discrepancy between sniper and arcade crosshairs in case vehicle is positioned on a slope.
    • New post-battle statistics.

Note 1. The list of changes is not full.
    Note 2. v.0.6.4 is very likely to be the release version

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

I lost my net connection for 24hours but thankfully its back. I was worried I'd miss all the loltraktor battles but the game isn't back up yet. Looks like there's going to be a new patch

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/notifications/world-tanks-pre-release-maintenance

I lost my Pershing & JadgTiger and a lot of elite crews. But since I got 7 months of free play I felt not to buy at least one of the preorder packs would be dishonorable. So I've the Panzer Iv/V waiting for me along with the Sherman variant (hopefully).

damn its going to be a smaller patch 0.6.3.11

the other patch notes I posted are still in testing :(

some nice changes there, delighted i wont miss the loltraktor games!! haha

ill ber home by 4.30, 800mb is only a baby patch!!

have about 2100 games, so sherman should be awaiting me too.

the more i think about it the more i want the isu-152 or object 704.

anyone played the isu-152 and ferdi and can compare the 2?

doesnt say anything about the t29s reload being nerfed. interesting...

roll on this evening!!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    some nice changes there, delighted i wont miss the loltraktor games!! haha

ill ber home by 4.30, 800mb is only a baby patch!!

have about 2100 games, so sherman should be awaiting me too.

the more i think about it the more i want the isu-152 or object 704.

anyone played the isu-152 and ferdi and can compare the 2?

doesnt say anything about the t29s reload being nerfed. interesting...

roll on this evening!!

Few rounds tonight lads?

• Advertisement

Few rounds tonight lads?

yep no problem, who going to create a channel?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement