Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

I forgot how much fun the earlier quick tanks were. I'm going to work my way up to a T-34-85 and a decent Arty. Then save every bit of experience and money for that spanky looking AMX-13 from the French-line when it comes out.

I got the light-package btw. Nice to have an upgraded A-20 in the A-32.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i still have the beta tank to earn credits and free xp. my m2 medium tank now has the hotizer gun, just need to upgrade the radio then its my free xp earner :)

plan atm is isu-152 and is-3

then maybe see what the new french tanks or us tds are like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

copeyhagen wrote: »
    whats peoples opinions on the premium tanks with the gold packages.

I bought the medium package and sold the pz v/iv last night.

absolute tripe, gun hits no harder than the tier 5 beta sherman, woefully bad tank, so i kept the beta sherman and sold my 'free' premium tank, which is sh1t..surprise surprise

Might that have been a bit hasty? The merits (or lack thereof) of the tank have been debated for some time on the figures, but it's possible that with a bit of experimentation, a role for it might be discovered on the forum. Seems like it could be a reasonable mid-game arty killer, for example. Fairly fast, able to take a knock or two en route to wherever it's going.

Not to mention, there is precedent for the devs doing a little tweaking of the Premium tanks.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Have you guys set up a channel in this?

korvanica

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Korvanica wrote: »
    Have you guys set up a channel in this?

korvanica

Ponster has tanks.ie setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Spear wrote: »
    Ponster has tanks.ie setup.

Awesome Ill join so... only started last night so im still on my first tank ...

its a great game :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Korvanica wrote: »
    Awesome Ill join so... only started last night so im still on my first tank ...

its a great game :)

On my second, a Panzer 35(t), reckon the upgrade to a 38(t) is too expensive, but at least it offers a 47mm gun option.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'm leaving up the US med tanks now! loving it so far need to start playing with some regulars instead of just random groups! In game name is Roare

had about 10 games eysterday, won about 9, goty a good few kills so a lot happier with the game now. had been on an awful run of losses.

still grinding to tier 5 su85 and have my elite m2 now for credits and free xp. :D

also have the m3 lee half kitted out. piece of sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

copeyhagen wrote: »
    also have the m3 lee half kitted out. piece of sh1t

yeah going to have to endure the M3 Lee tonight also, although the last gun on the Lee is the best for its tier, but I think its the lack of a turret which pisses me off

• Advertisement

yeh true, its just so annoying though!! hated it in ebta too. but sued free xp to skip it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The Lee is an excellent tank if used correctly. Don't go taking any higher tier tanks head on, instead use its best gun form distance, is super accurate and dishes lots of damage. The Lee is almost best deployed as a TD.

Had a few rounds last night, haven't touched the US tanks at all.

Elited my loltraktor and MS1, and got myself a Pz II, which is now fully upgraded.

Will probably get a Wespe as my XP earner, but go down the German mids via Pz III AusF A to Pz IV and get my Hummel. Debating whether to go sideways through the VK's, or straight through the 3601 to the Heavy's.

Want to go the Russian heavy line too, but don't want to spread my XP too thin, so my jut do that slowly, while grinding through the German tanks.

Haven't bought a gold pack yet, gonna wait until I'm a few tiers up, then use the gold to convert all the XP I'll have saved on the elite tanks to free XP.

Enjoying the game again though :)

The Lee is an excellent tank if used correctly. Don't go taking any higher tier tanks head on, instead use its best gun form distance, is super accurate and dishes lots of damage. The Lee is almost best deployed as a TD.

I agree but playing as a TD bores me senseless and the only way to get the tank that suits my shoot and scoot playstyle is going through that POS Lee to get my beloved Sherman

My Panzer 38(t) ain't proving much fun. It's a very minor improvement over the 35(t). But even with the top 47mm gun I'm being put up against others all toting 75 or 76mm guns so I don't last much beyond my first bounced shot.

havent got the big gun on the m3 lee yet so ill try sniping with it.

i found with spgs that they get half the amount of credits and xp of same tier tanks and tds so i wouldnt really use one as a credit earner, but sure each to their own! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Maybe you're using the Arty wrong. I found them to be my best net earners. (Or maybe I just suck with tanks, which is possible)

That said, as I'm running three premium tanks right now (though granted, the Hotchkiss doesn't exactly rake in money), I don't really need to use arty to farm, so I'm holding off on my arty grind for a while. I'm aiming for the US heavies right now.

M3 is an OK tank, once you get used to it. I don't see a huge difference between the two 75mm guns, though, just a little more accuracy.

Just figured out why I can't find the tanks.ie channel. You're hiding out on the EuroServers... Unsociable gits...

NTM

yahoo just researched the Lee, now to finance my unlock

i dunno manic, i had a full elite hummel in beta and even if i got 5 kills in a round and we won, it was still pittance compare to what my tier 5/6/7 tanks were earning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just figured out why I can't find the tanks.ie channel. You're hiding out on the EuroServers... Unsociable gits...

NTM

That'll be it. That Yankie server just isn't our thing :)

quick question, do ye guys stick to one branch of the tech tree when leveling or do multiple tanks?

• Advertisement

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    quick question, do ye guys stick to one branch of the tech tree when leveling or do multiple tanks?

I'm going up the German TD path at the moment, I want to play with the big guns first. After that I'll start the other branches and try them too in time.

Yeah i'm doing the same but also the US medium tanks as well! On the m3 lee and hating it just want to get past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Finally got an SU-8 arty after mucho grinding.

Can't wait to get it kitted out with speed rammer and aimer so it actually becomes useful and a proper match for it's evil cousin, the Hummel. :)

Been having some fun with my new found Hetzer. I've seen a lot of hate for it, but I'm liking it. It's slow as stock, but seems to hit solidly.

I really must get some better German skins, the omnipresent field grey is very inaccurate and some dunkelgelb is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Can you log in with your beta details? mine ain't working do I need to sign up again now that it's released or what?

Gneez wrote: »
    Can you log in with your beta details? mine ain't working do I need to sign up again now that it's released or what?

it's the same account, nothing about that has changed. I suspect the problem is whether you're on the US or EU server and which client you've downloaded.

Spear wrote: »
    I really must get some better German skins, the omnipresent field grey is very inaccurate and some dunkelgelb is needed.

some nice skins here

couple of thousand short of my su100, should get it next day or 2.

yeh, the hetzer actually hits hard now with the tier 5 gun.

Auvers wrote: »
    some nice skins here

Already found it and got me a better looking Hetzer:

sexyhetzer_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

only started playing this in the last week or so, but really quite enjoying it

started out on rus tanks, and have a t46 at the mo. Good craic. The german light tanks seem very popular, but I dont like that whole dakka dakka shoot style of the majority of them.
    tried the AT1 for a while, but didnt really like the play style, so sold it last night

Have really got a hankering for arty, so have gone US. T57 is class (prob really overpowered?), and have just bought my m37 last night. But boy does it shoot slowly... did far better in my t57. Think it might have been a bad buy..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement