Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

is that a laptop? as you might not have a good enough GFX card if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

When is patch coming guys, argh!!!! ,am getting sick of the sighting (red around tank) just dissappearing in front of me when ive locked on clearly ... :mad:
    especially in forested areas:(

When is patch coming guys, argh!!!!

I was reading the forum today and mid May was muted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

No its a desktop... And the gfx card in it is more then capable. I player WoW on it with really high setting without Problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    No its a desktop... And the gfx card in it is more then capable. I player WoW on it with really high setting without Problem.

This game needs a LOT more grunt that WoW tbh.

Saying that, once its 256Mb dx9c card it should be ok.

Does it meet that spec?

Oops, just checked. You've integrated video. I don't think you'll meet the specs, as I doubt it would have 256Mb dedicated video ram.

Though even saying that, they're specs listed onthe site are WAY out of whack.

Here's the machine they say will 'play' it at Maximum settings:
    • Processor (CPU): 2 Core 3 GHz
    • Memory(RAM): 4 GB or more
    • Video Card: GeForce 9800 with 512 MB of RAM / ATI 4850 with 512 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c
    • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible Free hard disk space: 3.5 GB

At max, that machine would play it at a slide show.

I have a Quad core Phenom, 4GB ram, a GTX570, and I turn off advanced post processing, because its not quick enough when I force AA.

Even without advanced PP, with 8xAA, I get 40-50FPS most of the time in the larger maps. The city maps where buildings clock your view, I get maybe 70-80fps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/full-tech-trees-revised-and-improved

Shifting about of the tech trees. Includes swapping various tanks in your garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Spear wrote: »
    http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/full-tech-trees-revised-and-improved

Shifting about of the tech trees. Includes swapping various tanks in your garage.

A handy leap for Sherman E8 owners to the new TD line there.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

Auvers wrote: »
    I think its only 2500G to get a clan going, which is around €10

the latest patch coming out will add Clan wars so it might be worth our while as Clans can earn\win gold

so if we could get 10 members that would be 250G each

I would be only interested if the clan was going to be easy going (no rules or training times)

just maybe a Friday night battle and drop in and out during the week for fun

Guy's,

First time posting in the games section, I've been playing this game for the last 6 months or so and I'd be happy to join up for some Paddy Panzer Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

very very interesting with the new patch, a lot of changes to the trees

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm beginning to wonder if heavy players don't get maps or radios, since they seems utterly oblivious to thing happening around them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I think it's just a matter of target fixation. Given that they can usually take a couple of knocks, they're less worried about what anyone else is doing than they are in finishing off whatever's in their sights at that moment and time.

NTM

just need 1k xp and i have my su-152, but my god is the su100 with the 122mm a serious opponent.

althought the hp is quite low, 600, it will knock 50% of a tiger in one shot and one shot eveything up to tier 5/6.

roll on the su-152, although there will be no 'top of the tier' rounds anymore :(

Currently have t-46, pz-II, Wespe & Grille.

Just keeping the Wespe as a XP/credit farmer until I max the Grille. With its stock gun, the Grille is hopeless :(

t-46 is a big pile of crap, but nearly have the creds for a t-28 (or I might skip it and go straight for KV).

PZ-II is just there for the craic. All tanks apart from the Grille are Elite.

Will most likely be on for a few rounds tonight if anyone is about, haven't noticed many other playing.

Just keeping the Wespe as a XP/credit farmer until I max the Grille. With its stock gun, the Grille is hopeless :(

t-46 is a big pile of crap, but nearly have the creds for a t-28 (or I might skip it and go straight for KV).

PZ-II is just there for the craic. All tanks apart from the Grille are Elite.

Will most likely be on for a few rounds tonight if anyone is about, haven't noticed many other playing.

I've been playing pretty solidly, should have my Jagdpanther tonight.

I'd skip the T28 to be honest, regardless of what TD I've faced them in, they've always popped easily. Go for the KV and avail of the upcoming free KV2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ill be on :)

Only have t2-t3 stuff really...

off my head

t26 (elite, for the craic)
    su76 - just bought the 76mm for it last night
    su26
    and a luchs

am wozza_ ingame

besides my su100 i have a t28 and a m3lee, just grinding away both to get my kv and my t1. might just leave the t1, but i really wanted to get the t29 before the reload timers nerf of it.

but the free kv is pretty awsome.

In fairness, the short gun Grille is at least accurate, and seems to have a high angle of drop.
    I'd skip the T28 to be honest, regardless of what TD I've faced them in, they've always popped easily.

They are certainly fragile, but on the other hand, they're quite fast and usually fairly well armed. You just need a specific play style, but I've seen them used quite effectively at times.

Currently have the 38H, which is either cannon fodder or a Tier II KV, depending on the matchp.
    Marder II, elite. I'm stopping the German TD line there for a while, the vehicle is a lot of fun and I want to devote my attentions elsewhere.
    M4 Derp Sherman. Cheap as heck to run. Moderately capable.
    T1 Elite. Unlocked the M6 with the new turret and long 76mm, but don't have the money for it yet.
    Beta Gift Sherman. Definite money-maker. Not overly capable, but always turns a reasonable profit.
    Gold M6Thingy. Slooooow reload. Very accurate, though. Mainly using it to train up crew for the T29.
    M37: Always wondered why this is researched before Priest. About unlocked Priest, but don't have the credits for it. Very small blast radius from the explosions it causes, and I've never had need for more than about 20 of the 140 rounds, even when I feel the need to speculatively shoot at likely bushes.

NTM

I'm stopping the German TD line there for a while, the vehicle is a lot of fun and I want to devote my attentions elsewhere.

You're missing out, I had a lot of fun in the StuG 3 with the 105mm. They're faster and more maneuverable than people seem to realise. Always amusing to suddenly appear three meters from someones flank and let them eat some HE.

I got my 105mm TD fun with Hetzer. If you really want fun with StuG, go with the long 75, a camo net, periscopes, and a rammer. Best combo I tried before the Ferdi with 128mm.

NTM

Been playin a biut tonight. Just noticed a couple of the lads were having a chat in the channel for ages and I didn't notice it flashing lol

Well if anyone is playing at the moment, join the tanks.ie channel :)

• Advertisement

moved in with my gf last night, so only got to have about 4 games.

got my su-152 though, and my god is it slow in standard form, especially compared to the su-100 and su-85.

but the short 122mm or whatever it is is crazy at distance, the stats are ridiculous on it, but its reload time is like 20 seconds or something, so i can see why most change it out!!

have to put together my new ikea table tonight and pray that my new wireless connection is up to scratch so i can have a few games with this new 'barge'

scratch that, that should be the 152mm on the su-152. :p

copeyhagen wrote: »
    moved in with my gf last night, so only got to have about 4 games.

got my su-152 though, and my god is it slow in standard form, especially compared to the su-100 and su-85.

but the short 122mm or whatever it is is crazy at distance, the stats are ridiculous on it, but its reload time is like 20 seconds or something, so i can see why most change it out!!

have to put together my new ikea table tonight and pray that my new wireless connection is up to scratch so i can have a few games with this new 'barge'

Twit twooo! Now you keep that short 152 to yourself :P
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    scratch that, that should be the 152mm on the su-152. tongue.gif

There's an edit button man! :D

Been playin a biut tonight. Just noticed a couple of the lads were having a chat in the channel for ages and I didn't notice it flashing lol

Well if anyone is playing at the moment, join the tanks.ie channel :)

had ta go to bed unfort! finding the chat functionality pretty poor tbh, very easy to not notice it, and the fact you cant chat in matches makes the conversations have 5-8 min pauses between sentances :P

had a few fun games last night
    - finally getting the hang of my TD, and am starting to land decent hits (2 shotted a couple of light tanks, bwaha, finally on the delivering end..!)
    - gave a t28 a good run around in my luchs, twas only for the match ending I would have killed him and all - got him to about 30-40%. He didnt land a single hit, and I just kept circling him, plinking away :pac: It has such a great gun for a small tank imo

Wossack wrote: »
    gave a t28 a good run around in my luchs, twas only for the match ending I would have killed him and all - got him to about 30-40%. He didnt land a single hit, and I just kept circling him, plinking away :pac: It has such a great gun for a small tank imo

the Luchs is one of most fun tanks in the game and you can take a t-28 out quite easily from the sides\rear if you have the last gun

I just got my last gun on the E8 Sherman :cool: now couple that with a gun laying drive, rammer, vert stabilizer and it fires like a jackhammer on the move

poor Luchs came a cropper against a Sherman last night alright... I know not to even try engaging, so just gave him a (very) wide berth. Nearly got around that last corner, and away to the greener fields of endless undefended arty's, but at the last moment, kablamo - one shotted :o

Wossack wrote: »
    had ta go to bed unfort! finding the chat functionality pretty poor tbh, very easy to not notice it, and the fact you cant chat in matches makes the conversations have 5-8 min pauses between sentances :P

had a few fun games last night
    - finally getting the hang of my TD, and am starting to land decent hits (2 shotted a couple of light tanks, bwaha, finally on the delivering end..!)
    - gave a t28 a good run around in my luchs, twas only for the match ending I would have killed him and all - got him to about 30-40%. He didnt land a single hit, and I just kept circling him, plinking away :pac: It has such a great gun for a small tank imo

Yeah the chat in its current implementation is crap. I also hate that I can;t flick back to my garage in the middle of a round if I want. Every other game I've ever played allows you to flick back to the 'main' screen without disconnecting from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Currently loving the Matilda

Small with great armour and a rapidly firing 76 makes this a tiny little killer.

I don't think most people realise how strong it is because its so small. The cannon reloads really fast and the aim time is about 1.5 seconds :eek:

I took out two T34-85s in a direct slugging match and finished off a KV. Delighted with it. A real money earner

you must be about the only person that ever liked the matilda!!

• Advertisement

In fairness, he's not alone.

It's not a normally purchased tank, but the people I know who have used it say its one of the better premiums.

NTM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement