Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Spear wrote: »
    Do we intend to use the boards.ie name for it though? If so we'll need to run it past Dav first. I can raise it with him for approval if so.

Ask Dav and if he gives the OK I'll create the boards.ie clan otherwise we can go with tanks.ie (www.tanks.ie actually exists!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote: »
    Ask Dav and if he gives the OK I'll create the boards.ie clan otherwise we can go with tanks.ie (www.tanks.ie actually exists!)

I've PM'd Dav.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We have permission to use the boards.ie name for the clan.

If you would like to join the WoT Boards.ie clan you can:

a) reply to this thread with your WoT nick

b) PM me (ptegan) in game

c) Go here and apply to join boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

If you would like to join the WoT Boards.ie clan you can:

a) reply to this thread with your WoT nick

b) PM me (ptegan) in game

c) Go here and apply to join boards.ie

WOT nick

sausageandeggs - its my minecraft nick aswell incidentally

How much gold do we need to donate to you?

• Advertisement

landyman wrote: »
    How much gold do we need to donate to you?

Never thought of that. We'll figure out something later.

Never thought of that. We'll figure out something later.

coolbeans

should be fun now, we should have a teamspeak server on the go aswell

should be fun now, we should have a teamspeak server on the go aswell

Yep. We'll get a sticky or something together this weekend with clan and TS info to make it easier to find.

luyys.jpg

Quite happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Coola boola, just joined there :) Cheers for the invite mate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Quite happy with that :)

I'm telling you, Marder is where it's at.

157733.jpg

Sadly, lost out on the capture race. We were at 85% when they capped :(

NTM

I am not having fun with my Jagdpanther. It wallows when trying to move. It's got a lot of momentum and doesn't stop anywhere near as quick as the previous German TDs do. Then there's the mantlet armour bug, but at least that gets fixed in 0.6.4. And then there's the annoying way it comes with a 75mm by default, so I'm outgunned by a Marder II, and on top of the 1.3m credits to buy it, I'm not expected to spend another 80k just to mount the same short 88mm as the prior JagdPz IV. Except the high repair costs mean I can't get near the credits for that. So I've gone and gotten me a Marder II as means to make the money to run the JP. It better be worth it to get the Ferdi and JT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

bought my pz3 last night, huzzah!

the pz3 ausf was quickly striped of goodies and condemned to the scrapheap :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Wossack wrote: »
    the pz3 ausf was quickly striped of goodies and condemned to the scrapheap :p

hated that tank :mad: probably the worst in the game

thought I might update my present garage

In-Game name is Ballbag101

Easy 8 Sherman with 100% crew / Vents / Rammer / Vertical Stabilizer

T-34 90%ish Crew / Vents / Rammer

Sherman Elite / Vents / Rammer

A-32 Elite / No addons

Luchs Elite / Vents

and just bought the PZ3 as I want to grind the German Mediums to get the Panther

oh also have the Beta gift tank but its to slow to be any use, might keep it for the auction house and sell it to a collector :)

To celebrate VE day, there's a 5x multiplier on XP for the first victory of the day for the next three days.

Spear wrote: »
    To celebrate VE day, there's a 5x multiplier on XP for the first victory of the day for the next three days.

Awesome....

The irony of me getting it in a german tank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

In the Beta I didn't enjoy the JPanther. I only had two weeks of a fully upgraded JTiger but that had similar problems to the JPanther. The Ferdi is great fun however.

I've a 100% crew StugIII at the moment and I don't plan to go any higher on the German TD line.

Also I'm slowly unlocking all the Sherman E8 gear but I do have the Stabilizer, rammer and ventilation on it already. I'm grinding towards a KV with a T-28 but the tank I'm having most fun with is the pre-order Panzer V-IV. With an elite crew its very accurate and fairly fast (54kph).

DeWinterZero in game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

During three days – starting May 7th and up till May 9th the following bonuses will be available for everyone:

* 50% discount on all equipment;

* 5x experience multiplier for the first victory of the day (instead of 2x);

* 3-day premium account for only 250 gold.

More surprises await you on Victory in Europe Day itself. Don’t miss it and celebrate the Victory with us!

swanky!

Anyone know of any voiceovers mods? Getting a bit sick of the ****e flat american voice.

A decent german/russian one with a bit of radio static would be cool :D

Voices such as

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I did not receive Top Gun (or any battle honour at all) for this effort in the M4A2E4.

pagsherm.jpg

Just bought my Priest with the upgraded 105mm. Good Christ it's a good arty piece. 2,000xp (with premium, doubling) in the first game.

NTM

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a priest before the release / wipe. Good gun alright.

I now have a fully upgraded PzIII, Elite Wespe, elite T-46, and nearly elite Grille. Using Wespe to farm extra XP and creds until my Grille is Elite.

Have to seriously get past this T-46 - its driving me insane!

Doing a bit better in the JP now. It does need a change in playstyle. It's lack of maneuverability means I can't be responsive enough to be right up the front as I was in StuG/JagdPz. The stock 75mm is still a liability. I have enough XP to go straight to the long 88mm and skip the L56 version outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Brilliant game.Thinking of getting a premium account. Just wondering How much would it cost a month?

€ 9.95 for 2500g and that is for one month premium

you can also use 250g for one day or 650g for 3 days & 1250g for 7 days

Gold prices

30000 € 99.95
    14500 € 49.95
    5500 € 19.95
    2500 € 9.95
    1500 € 6.95

EmacB wrote: »
    Brilliant game.Thinking of getting a premium account. Just wondering How much would it cost a month?

€19.95 gets you 2 months premium, plus 500 gold left over for converting XP etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Current line-up:

Artys:
    Su-8 Rammer/Layer/Spal-Liner
    Su-14 Camo Net/Binocs/Ventilation

M7 - Rammer/Spal-Liner/Optics. My little run-around/scout/get arty thing.

Lee- Have this just to get to the M4 Sherman. I knew it was bad but 3 bounces on a low tier arty? Comon!

Matilda- Got this on the recommends of a fellow boardsie. A bit like the Churchill, a mobile fort. Surprisingly good gun.

Herzer- Got this just to move up to Stug, then wait for the Nashorn/ Sturner Emil, td line, but it's so much fun I'm keeping it.

Beta Sherman: Seeing as I have this,may as well collect all the Shermans which is what I'm going to do.

Auvers wrote: »
    € 9.95 for 2500g and that is for one month premium

you can also use 250g for one day or 650g for 3 days & 1250g for 7 days

Gold prices

30000 € 99.95
    14500 € 49.95
    5500 € 19.95
    2500 € 9.95
    1500 € 6.95

The pricing structure is odd, isn't it?

Package...................Price per 100 gold
    30000.............................33.3c
    14500.............................34.4c
    5500...............................34.3c
    2500...............................39.8c
    1500...............................46.3c

Apart from the 1500 package being vastly less value, there really is little point in forking out for the higher packages, as the value really doesn't iincrease by buying in bulk unfortunately.

it does make sense however, to buy at least the 2500 package, or the 5500 package at minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

cheers lads

The pricing structure is odd, isn't it

yes it doesn't make much sense to buy the higher packages at all

although I haven't really been looking at the prices as I pre-ordered the light package and still have 10k in gold thats only going to used as premium as I like grinding for the next tank

• Advertisement

Ok, here's the deal.

Gonna get a new tank today, all around the same XP.

KV, Pz III/IV or Pz IV.

I wanted to go down the Russian heavy line, but also towards the Panther line.

So I really don't know what I want to get first!

IIRC the KV will take a while, and a lot of upgrades to get it semi-decent, the Pz IV was very usable with the 75m guns, and it a lot more manouverable.

Never had the Pz III/IV, but seems like a very good tank.

WHat ye guys reckon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement