Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWII TANK MMO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok, here's the deal.

Gonna get a new tank today, all around the same XP.

KV, Pz III/IV or Pz IV.

I wanted to go down the Russian heavy line, but also towards the Panther line.

So I really don't know what I want to get first!

IIRC the KV will take a while, and a lot of upgrades to get it semi-decent, the Pz IV was very usable with the 75m guns, and it a lot more manouverable.

Never had the Pz III/IV, but seems like a very good tank.

WHat ye guys reckon?

To be mercenary about it, I'd say the KV due to the free KV2 you'd get with the patch changes, and then you could afford the others from that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    To be mercenary about it, I'd say the KV due to the free KV2 you'd get with the patch changes, and then you could afford the others from that anyway.

Very very good thinking Batman. KV it is (plus its upgrade line is significantly cheaper & shorter than the Pz IV.

I 2 mins, I'll be the proud new owner of a KV.

I'm gonna keep my t-46 for a time though, I've recently started using it properly, and it really is decent against its own tier + 1.

Especially with the 76mm L10. The smaller, yet more expensive 45 VT 42 and 37mm Auto are both rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ive gone russian heavies, jus bout to get kv, russian tds, have su-152, and US middles, bout to get e8 sherman

im happy with my choices!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

1000 credits per shell with the 105mm on the JagdPanther? That's obscene. It's more economical to keep using the long 88mm despite it meaning I do much less damage and contribute less to the team.

1000 credits per shell with the 105mm on the JagdPanther? That's obscene. It's more economical to keep using the long 88mm despite it meaning I do much less damage and contribute less to the team.

I remember before the wipe I had 1 or 2 tanks with insane shell prices. You really gotta make each shot count.

Hummel & IS iirc cost tonnes to run if you're not successful with them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I never used the 105mm. I stuck to the long 88 and sniped my way to the ferdi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I remember before the wipe I had 1 or 2 tanks with insane shell prices. You really gotta make each shot count.

Hummel & IS iirc cost tonnes to run if you're not successful with them.

Christ yes, I got a hummel and when it hits something small to medium it pops it (not a 100% heavy) ... but by god when you miss a couple of times thats your profit gone

Best fun is pzr IV with 10.5 cm with explosive. One shots all lights and low end mediums, knocks tracks of everything it will meet (including a ferdinand). Currently elite and 92% towards camoflage.

Next is VK3601, very accurate and can take a good bit of punishment....

i hated the 3601 in beta

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i hated the 3601 in beta

The thing seems to be better at being a Tiger 1 than a Tiger 1 is.

I very much liked it.

I was in two minds on the issue, but decided that the 105 worked better for me. Often times you're only going to get one fleeting shot, so make the damage count. It's not as if the 105mm is inaccuare either, it's just not as insanely accurate as the long 88.
    Best fun is pzr IV with 10.5 cm with explosive.

I'm currently on the M4 w/ 105mm, same thing.

I'm back to the T29 w/ 105mm, max engine, turret, radio. Long, long grind ahead of me to T34.

NTM

I was in two minds on the issue, but decided that the 105 worked better for me. Often times you're only going to get one fleeting shot, so make the damage count. It's not as if the 105mm is inaccuare either, it's just not as insanely accurate as the long 88.

I don't deny it's the more effective gun, but with the need for 2.4m credits for a Ferdi, it's not an option. I'd rather get the cash together first, then return to using it and enjoy the path to the needed XP last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Just pulled off a great shot in the SU-14. Two T-43's on their way to me, both around the 30% mark. Placed a shot ahead and between them. Two for one shot! I was blowing the smoke from the tip of that cannon. :)

Bus77II wrote: »
    Just pulled off a great shot in the SU-14. Two T-43's on their way to me, both around the 30% mark. Placed a shot ahead and between them. Two for one shot! I was blowing the smoke from the tip of that cannon. :)

Noyce. :D

Only 6 people in the clan. Not the best start in the world....

Remember, victorious clan matches can lead to free gold for the clan :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My application should've be sent in (not sure if FF got it through or not as I ended up on a white page).

Nody wrote: »
    My application should've be sent in (not sure if FF got it through or not as I ended up on a white page).

No application pending. YOu should be able to join from the link I posted.

Ponster wrote: »
    Only 6 people in the clan. Not the best start in the world....

Remember, victorious clan matches can lead to free gold for the clan :D

I'm certain there's a lot more than 6 of us on boards playing it! Maybe some people just aren't interested.

It would be nice to have 15, so we could join company battles.

No one has yet taken up my offer of using TS3, even though I had it running all weekend when plenty of us were playing. :(

0.6.4 details are finalised and it's released to the Russian servers today:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/30435-v064-update/page__pid__538684#entry538684

Lots of good fixes there in that update.

Thankfully you can turn off the tank shaking in sniper mode. That's so annoying. (especially when you switch from 3rd person to sniper).

I wonder what rendering bugs they fixed? The weird 'grass skirt' that happens on other tanks driving through grass? The dodgy shadows turning on and off depending on your viewing angle etc

Seems like a very comprehensive update. Ability to send other players gold etc. Perfect for clans when buying premium accounts.

Lots of good fixes there in that update.

Thankfully you can turn off the tank shaking in sniper mode. That's so annoying. (especially when you switch from 3rd person to sniper).

I wonder what rendering bugs they fixed? The weird 'grass skirt' that happens on other tanks driving through grass? The dodgy shadows turning on and off depending on your viewing angle etc

Seems like a very comprehensive update. Ability to send other players gold etc. Perfect for clans when buying premium accounts.

Plenty of good things, except for the perplexing decision to nerf almost every German gun even further. Plus it's €30 for the Lowe, which is a shame as I was tempted by it.

just applies for clan there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Tried applying for the clan but I get "You have already applied for this clan, or the invitation has already been sent to you."

Clan applications are probably buggy like most other things in the game.

Tried applying for the clan but I get "You have already applied for this clan, or the invitation has already been sent to you."

Clan applications are probably buggy like most other things in the game.

Check your profile - it should show that you have 1 invitation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ponster wrote: »
    No application pending. YOu should be able to join from the link I posted.
    Application post don't like smilies appearantly :(

Reapplied hopefully successfully this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

yep, check your online profile on worldoftanks.eu for your invite

(took me a lil while to figure that out, was expecting an ingame notification etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Cool. Joined and comparing everyones stats to mine :)

Cool. Joined and comparing everyones stats to mine :)

Don't bother comparing mine - they're pretty crappy!

Wossack wrote: »
    yep, check your online profile on worldoftanks.eu for your invite

(took me a lil while to figure that out, was expecting an ingame notification etc)

Yep, I should have mentioned that :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Drivers of lights in particular are not happy with this. Often times the only chance they have for survival when they turn a corner and discover something big, nasty, and aiming their gun in their direction is to hammer it repeatedly with non-penetrating hits in the hopes that it will generate a miss and allow them a chance to get away before he reloads.

I'm inclined to agree with them.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Drivers of lights in particular are not happy with this. Often times the only chance they have for survival when they turn a corner and discover something big, nasty, and aiming their gun in their direction is to hammer it repeatedly with non-penetrating hits in the hopes that it will generate a miss and allow them a chance to get away before he reloads.

NTM

+1

But does it still distort the aim without distorting the view I wonder.

Its still not making the playing field not very level though

• Advertisement

NTM

When I'm in a heavy, there's a very simple solution.

Don't go into sniper mode, and your aim is unrestricted - that's what I find so stupid about it.

In third person, my aim doesn't shake, my view doesn't shake etc. So in certain ciscumstances, 'sniper' mode is more of a hindrance than a help.

**Hold on - I'm pretty certain its the shakking from when you switch modes, and when you fire, NOT when you get hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement